Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1449701)   #26
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
time for some sandbagging .. i supose the FIA can adjust the weight, restrictors etc during the season too ???

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1449749)   #27
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
time for some sandbagging .. i supose the FIA can adjust the weight, restrictors etc during the season too ???
At the tests at HTTT only two drivers -selected by the FIA/SRO- will test all the cars and the FIA can read out the data systems.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1468078)   #28
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SportAutoMoto (italian magazine) has a provisional Entry List:

Aston Martin DBRS9:
BMS, Barwell Motorsport

Corvette ??:
Carsport Holland e Callaway

Dodge Viper
Racing Logistics e Autovitesse

Ferrari (430?)
Kessel Racing e GPC

Lamborghini Gallardo
Reiter

Maserati Coupe
Af Corse, Giudici e Racing 4 you

Porsche
Labre e Autosport Promotion

Venturi
JMB e Riverside

Great !!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1468850)   #29
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is a very good idea.
Why develop 700-800 bhp engines and then restrict them back to 600 bhp?
Much better to use almost standard engines with a bit more power through the electronics and the exhasut system; engines that will last at least 1 season, to bring the costs down.
I am sure in the end GT3 will replace the current GT2.....
Old 23 Nov 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1468874)   #30
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if ive missed this, but which model of Venturi is being used?

I thought they only had the electric one, about the same size as an Elise
Old 24 Nov 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1468918)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JMB with Venturis? Seems odd, I thought they were planning to stick with Ferrari/Maserati products next year. The rest of the list is good though, though one must assume that there's very little certainty in some of those predictions.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1468980)   #32
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard Larbre would run Vipers instead of Porsches... That would make more sence since they have been a longtime Viper supporter, but they also used to run Porsches too.. so who knows..

heck, do we even know Larbre's plans for FIA GT (GT1) for 2006? Will they be getting DBR9's or stick to the Ferrari 550's?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1469144)   #33
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock
Sorry if ive missed this, but which model of Venturi is being used?

I thought they only had the electric one, about the same size as an Elise

they also have a Fetish model powered by a Renault 2.0 around 200BHP . but about 700kgs so quite a good ratio ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1469156)   #34
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Venturi cars would be called Heritage with a 4.2 V8 Turbo engine (from Audi??)
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1469242)   #35
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some years ago Venturi produced a car, called Atlantique, that was raced in French GT, class "2", driven among others by Gerard Larrousse, maybe the new car is based on this one....

http://autosport.free.fr/photos_de_v...lantique_2.jpg
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1469245)   #36
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the racing version:
http://gto-racing.nexenservices.com/...300biturbo.htm
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1469246)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Isn't Ratel the (former) owner of Venturi?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1469251)   #38
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i don;t know if owner . but he did say during the 10-10ths show interview that he was "behind" the Venturi\s 400LM racing at LeMans in the mid 90s

the Atlantique used a PRV 3.0 litre engine

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1470065)   #39
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the British GT will use the GT3 format, i hope more national championships will convert to GT3. That would make GT racing on national level a lot more interesting instead of the low level clubracing that populates the national GT nowadays.

Prevents national GT racing from to big guns like the MC12 in Italian GT, and the
Vipers in the DSC.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1470080)   #40
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frankly I'd much rather see GT1 in British GT once more.

Until details came about of the FIA GT3, then I didn't care for the class one bit...
Old 25 Nov 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1470162)   #41
Garp
Racer

I'd like to see the GT1 in British GT to. But the cost's are simply to big for a national championship. I know FFSA has a large grid of GT1's but that's just all old machenery, a new MC12 in that championship will do no good.

And i know 1997 was a nice year for British GT, but such a grid would need some FIAgt
competitors. There just aren't enough wealthy GT1 teams.

I hope GT3 will deliver some performance stability in national GT championships. While the GT2 can be the top national GT class.

I love the difference of the GT cars. But not in the likes of the Stealth, Mosler, Prosport and MC12 fashion.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1470206)   #42
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1997? BGT's last year of what's currently GT1 was 2002. The likes of the Ferrari 550, Lister Storm, Viper, Saleen S7 and even the Corvette C5-R are fast becoming obsolete - but they're not completely outdated just yet (with the possible exception of Lister and Viper). Would go nicely in BGT for me. Could be a place to develop new cars too before taking them to the international stage, afterall BGT has been home to some lovely variations of cars which we never see internationally.

However, that's just my opinion, and it's off-topic - I long for BGT's glory days to return. I understand it's not a "historics" championship and that they'll have to reflect the current markets and entries etc. - let's hope this new GT3 format gives us a few nice surprises...
Old 28 Nov 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1471913)   #43
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp
I'd like to see the GT1 in British GT to. But the cost's are simply to big for a national championship. I know FFSA has a large grid of GT1's but that's just all old machenery, a new MC12 in that championship will do no good.
GT1's in national championships work fine, BELCAR and Italian GT prove that. Italian GT's including a MC12.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1472055)   #44
Garp
Racer

I'd rather watch a full field of first class GT2's (and GT3)in national championships.
Than a scattered field of GT1, GT2, GT3, and touringcars in a national championship.

And maybe for the low budget national championships like DSC, have GT3 as the
top class.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1472074)   #45
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Could easy be that many of the top GT2 teams are competing internationally too. I can only speak for British GT as far as national championships go but let's face it, in that class Scuderia Ecosse had it pretty easy without too much of a problem this year, with quite a number of the GT2's being pretty mixed and scattered about...
Old 3 Dec 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1476504)   #46
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing ive not heard mention about the new GT3 class is whether or not all 3 classes will come together for the Spa 24hrs. Does anyone know if they will? It would seem logical that they would but ive just not heard anything to confirm this...
Old 3 Dec 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1476511)   #47
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did see on DSC earlier that the Aston Martin's are going to be run by BMS Scuderia Italia and Barwell Motorsport (ex BTCC, currently running cars in British FBMW and Seat Championship). Each team will run 3 cars.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1476598)   #48
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
One thing ive not heard mention about the new GT3 class is whether or not all 3 classes will come together for the Spa 24hrs. Does anyone know if they will? It would seem logical that they would but ive just not heard anything to confirm this...
I can't see any good reason for this to happen. It would tax the number of availible drivers significantly. How, for instance, would BMS be able to run 2 GT1 Astons and 3 GT3 Astons economically in the same race? With 3/4 drivers a car? The regulations for the # of cars/team etc. would have to be thrown out, which kinda takes away the point of the structured championship. Beyond that, have any of those cars really been designed for 24 hour racing? Being specced out, there's not that much teams could do to work on them.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 05:11 (Ref:1476602)   #49
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the GT3 championship is European based, and the drivers that are in the BMS cars and likewise almost everyone else in GT3 will be contracted to the teams for the full year, it makes sense to have the Spa 24hrs as part of the championship, the teams gain exposure and so does the new series. The GT3 class is already part of the Spa 24hrs, the G3 class caters for GT3 machinery. And yes, the GT3 class cars are made to do 24hr races, examples of this can be found at races like the Silverstone 24hrs and Bathurst 24hrs and the Nurburgring 24hrs.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 05:17 (Ref:1476603)   #50
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
How, for instance, would BMS be able to run 2 GT1 Astons and 3 GT3 Astons economically in the same race?
BMS are the works Aston Martin squad in FIA GT so they will surley be receiving support in some form or another from Aston Martin whether it be personnal or financial. The GT3 campaign is another story however. Its not unheard of for a team to run 5 cars in 1 race in seperate classes. Oreca being the obvious example in 2000, they ran 2 LMP 900's and 3 Vipers.