Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Apr 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4149947)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve had better days racing . Robert was driving well and we are both getting to grips with the Marcos . Last corner last lap he got hit . The cars in a bad way . Robert is fine and the other two cars are under investigation . Sad way to end what was lovely weekend . Great to see Bill , Will and Anita along with many other tenthers . You know my motto .”what man made man can repair .?
Old 1 Apr 2023, 21:10 (Ref:4149948)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nothing for your car on the provisional classification sheet, David. Which should indicate the time of display… And this is an FIA sanctioned event!
Think Peter Auto has now moved away from the FIA .
Old 2 Apr 2023, 06:53 (Ref:4149984)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Iain. A good move imo, just hope the FIA will follow Peter Auto's decisions now…
Sorry for the Marcos, one of the unwritten rules of PA is "if you broke it, you own it" he who hit the Marcos is supposed to pay at least half of the repair bill.
Glad you had a good weekend (before the end) and glad the good Dr is well. Donny for you both now?
Old 2 Apr 2023, 06:59 (Ref:4149987)   #29
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All smiles here...

Old 2 Apr 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4149990)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice race suits, kudos!
Old 2 Apr 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4150024)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Maximum recorded speed for the 1800 GT, almost 210 kph, it aint slow. Circa 190 for Will, he must push harder in the straights! Hé, hé, hé.
Old 3 Apr 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4150214)   #32
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Maximum recorded speed for the 1800 GT, almost 210 kph, it aint slow. Circa 190 for Will, he must push harder in the straights! Hé, hé, hé.
I was pedalling as fast as I could…..maybe we need to add another rubber band?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Apr 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4150215)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I was pedalling as fast as I could…..
No kidding! May be better to check under the gaz pedal if a spanner is stuck!
Old 3 Apr 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4150217)   #34
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I was coming into the last corner on the last lap. I saw 2 cars coming quickly and got out of the way taking a very wide line to let them through. I heard screeching of tyres and the sound of a car spinning. Next I felt a thud in the left rear which pushed me into a 360 spin. The second of the cars coming through also spun. At least one was a Cobra.They got going. I didn’t.
On a happy note I really enjoyed Mugello circuit. I rate it highly up there with my best tracks.
IMHO the best is Le Mans then Bathurst followed by Pau ( for sheer enjoyment) Then I would say Mugello.
Old 3 Apr 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4150292)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
So I was coming into the last corner on the last lap. I saw 2 cars coming quickly and got out of the way taking a very wide line to let them through. I heard screeching of tyres and the sound of a car spinning. Next I felt a thud in the left rear which pushed me into a 360 spin. The second of the cars coming through also spun. At least one was a Cobra.They got going. I didn’t.
On a happy note I really enjoyed Mugello circuit. I rate it highly up there with my best tracks.
IMHO the best is Le Mans then Bathurst followed by Pau ( for sheer enjoyment) Then I would say Mugello.
Sorry to hear about the damage and DNF putting a downer on what sounds like an otherwise good weekend. Hope the damage isn't too severe. Glad you liked the track. Safe journey home all.
(*Im off to watch some Mugello onboard laps!)
Old 3 Apr 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4150311)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Sorry to hear about the damage and DNF putting a downer on what sounds like an otherwise good weekend. Hope the damage isn't too severe. Glad you liked the track. Safe journey home all.
(*Im off to watch some Mugello onboard laps!)
We did get classified Chris. Started P62 and finished P45.
Old 3 Apr 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4150312)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hairy on-board video taken from a 911 SWB. Happy tailer!
Old 4 Apr 2023, 03:10 (Ref:4150374)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Old 4 Apr 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4150386)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

Dr Bob, don't know if you are aware of the significance of a P45 in the UK? It usually means that you have been given the sack by an employer, a P45 being the Income Tax document one receives at the end of an employment that shows the individuals tax code plus other bits.

Having been given the "boot or is it elbow" by another competitor, it was an unfortunate placing to finish!
Old 4 Apr 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4150418)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont forget the P45 Nokota…
Old 13 Apr 2023, 03:26 (Ref:4151283)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Some videos I found, up on the Peter Auto website from the 2023 meeting.

Mainly onboards but a general one as well ....

Link to the playlist (the first couple are 2022 but then the 2023 ones.
There is a general one "Mugello Classic 2023 - Film" after the onboards on the playlist

Playlist link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bI84LPR9Mr1Qfg

I found another one non Peter Auto
Mugello Classic 2023 | Day 2-3 | Pure Sound, Flames, | GT3s, Prototypes... | Mugello Circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFPO6vNpj78

Edit: In fact if you search Mugello Classic 2023 on youtube itself there are those mentioned but many more as well.

Last edited by E.B; 13 Apr 2023 at 03:32.
Old 13 Apr 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4151291)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Some videos I found, up on the Peter Auto website from the 2023 meeting. In fact if you search Mugello Classic 2023 on youtube itself there are those mentioned but many more as well.
In short words, Dave!