Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Mar 2023, 18:05 (Ref:4145418)   #1551
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think the BTCC is getting bigger. It’s probably the second most popular motorsport in the UK after F1
Old 1 Mar 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4145421)   #1552
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the BTCC is getting bigger. It’s probably the second most popular motorsport in the UK after F1
Well, I think the BTCC is in quite a healthy condition in its own 'category' - the grids are full, the viewership is, I believe relatively high and stable and same could be said about race attendance (correct me if I'm wrong in any of the points, don't have knowledge about specific numbers) and there are many good teams and drivers there so yeah, in this sense BTCC is in a very very good place and I'm happy about that.
However, is it getting bigger? Not so sure about that, depending on what you mean by it but BTCC certainly lacks some kind of incentive that would make it really bigger - for various reasons big sponsors are not really flocking to the championship (NAPA being one of rare exceptions), manufacturers can't be bothered about participating (for reasons already explained), BTCC drivers are relatively anonymous in the wider motorsport world and most of them are semi-amateurs and even though there are probably quite a lot of people who know BTCC and follow it from outside the UK, it can't kind of break any new grounds and reach a lot new audiences. At least that's my impression.

Yes, I know, many of you will tell me that BTCC doesn't have to because after all it's a national series, financial outlook in the world is not really good and so on and so forth. I get that. It's just that in my opinion the potential in the BTCC is much bigger than that but for various reasons it's either impossible or unreasonable to go the extra mile.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4145427)   #1553
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The teams get bigger. Where are the days teams entered only 2 cars.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4145431)   #1554
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If people outside the UK talk about BTCC they still talk about the ST days, which is a real shame because the BTCC of the last decade is a very good series. The problem is lack of coverage outside the UK which makes it difficult to watch races in a legal way. Why can't they stream it on Youtube or other platform with geo restriction? A bigger international audience will give the series, drivers and teams more prestige.

Lack of race coverage is the reason why I have stopped following the series closely.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:21 (Ref:4145433)   #1555
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excelr8 livery reveal, looks smart:

https://www.btcc.net/2023/03/01/exce...tors-machines/
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4145436)   #1556
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
If people outside the UK talk about BTCC they still talk about the ST days, which is a real shame because the BTCC of the last decade is a very good series. The problem is lack of coverage outside the UK which makes it difficult to watch races in a legal way. Why can't they stream it on Youtube or other platform with geo restriction? A bigger international audience will give the series, drivers and teams more prestige.

Lack of race coverage is the reason why I have stopped following the series closely.
Well, straight to the point. That's exactly what I'm thinking of. I'm sure there are many others who would watch BTCC but can't and this just puts them off.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:29 (Ref:4145437)   #1557
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Haha that's for sure
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4145439)   #1558
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
where is the true privateer with 2 vans a trailer and a old caravan?? or a volvo b10m coach
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4145440)   #1559
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
where is the true privateer with 2 vans a trailer and a old caravan?? or a volvo b10m coach
LOL. Barred! Permanently!!
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4145441)   #1560
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post

I wonder how well the silver Bristol Street Motors text will show up from trackside. The problem with that sort of highly reflective livery is that it's heavily dependant on what angle you are looking from and what is being reflected.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4145442)   #1561
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like one Motorsport only have 3 licenses! Looking like they will be announcing there third driver soon
Old 1 Mar 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4145443)   #1562
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Looks like one Motorsport only have 3 licenses! Looking like they will be announcing there third driver soon
Goff, Edwards and Crees were all still seeking a deal last week. So I’m going to say a Proctor return or Will Powell being the team’s Jack Sears contender.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4145446)   #1563
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Will Powell being the team’s Jack Sears contender.
Believe the press releases read that Powell was sticking very much to the management side… which is probably for the best
Old 1 Mar 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4145452)   #1564
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange no announcement from Team Dynamics yet.

I’m thinking Neal x2 at Team Dynamics.

Shedden will join Butcher at Toyota.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 23:29 (Ref:4145454)   #1565
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Strange no announcement from Team Dynamics yet.

I’m thinking Neal x2 at Team Dynamics.

Shedden will join Butcher at Toyota.
Shedden was testing Dynamics’ Cortina this week so seems likely he’s staying put. Would’ve thought if the Neals wanted a BTCC career for Henry he would’ve been there years ago, really hasn’t done much racing I don’t think since TCT?
Old 1 Mar 2023, 23:33 (Ref:4145455)   #1566
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn’t be surprised if Shedden moves onto another series again. Neal is doing his own thing now and looks like Henry has decided against racing anymore, although he may pop up again
Old 2 Mar 2023, 00:12 (Ref:4145456)   #1567
Matt K
Veteran

Well, I think Shedden will remain at Dynamics and would be surprised to see Butcher gone from Speedworks.
Still hoping to see Proctor and Gamble (well, that sounds unintentionally funny) on the grid but slowly losing hopes particularly for the latter...
Old 2 Mar 2023, 01:13 (Ref:4145457)   #1568
S griffin
Veteran

I wouldn’t be too sure, both could be offered seats anywhere in any series. Can’t see Proctor back. Gamble would have been more likely back if Cicely made a return
Old 2 Mar 2023, 07:09 (Ref:4145464)   #1569
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if none of that happened.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4145465)   #1570
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The video had a big old build up for a livery which is a tweak on last seasons. With all that effort, I was expecting a big new title sponsor or something
Old 2 Mar 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4145466)   #1571
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The video had a big old build up for a livery which is a tweak on last seasons. With all that effort, I was expecting a big new title sponsor or something
Why would you expect a big new title sponsor when they already have a big one from last year...?
Old 2 Mar 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4145467)   #1572
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why would you expect a big new title sponsor when they already have a big one from last year...?
Because of the big video build up.....
Old 2 Mar 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4145468)   #1573
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was expecting a big new title sponsor or something
When Ronan Pearson was announced (15 Feb) the releases included the line 'backed by Macklin Motors, a motor retail brand part of the group that operates EXCELR8 Motorsport title partner, Bristol Street Motors'

When Nick Halstead was announced (4 Nov) the releases included the line 'Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com has announced that...'

The livery reveal does say that 'The official team name for the 2023 BTCC programme will be revealed in due course' - but I don't think there has ever been any doubt of the title sponsor being Bristol Street.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4145470)   #1574
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Because of the big video build up.....
Yes I much prefer the MB “here’s a photo” approach! But the effort is nice at least!
Old 2 Mar 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4145474)   #1575
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
When Ronan Pearson was announced (15 Feb) the releases included the line 'backed by Macklin Motors, a motor retail brand part of the group that operates EXCELR8 Motorsport title partner, Bristol Street Motors'

When Nick Halstead was announced (4 Nov) the releases included the line 'Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com has announced that...'

The livery reveal does say that 'The official team name for the 2023 BTCC programme will be revealed in due course' - but I don't think there has ever been any doubt of the title sponsor being Bristol Street.
If you didn't just cherry pick part of my post....