Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Nov 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4133283)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And on the GT front, nobody is ready to admit defeat yet and the ACO won't just say they are going for standard GT3.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...lass-for-2024/
Old 11 Nov 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4133286)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
They would be better off spending $50,000 on reducing the cars weight.
Old 11 Nov 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4133287)   #28
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And on the GT front, nobody is ready to admit defeat yet and the ACO won't just say they are going for standard GT3.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...lass-for-2024/
There's certainly a lot of time and money wasted on a ready-to-pull-from-the-shelf product.

And there's this snippet:
Quote:
given the number of projected sales to GT3 customer teams that’s likely set to be limited to two per brand in the WEC.
Old 12 Nov 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4133337)   #29
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please, no. This isn't IMSA. Closing the pits during FCY would remove one of the few performance/strategy variables left in the age of BoP and super reliability.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...nge-next-year/
Old 12 Nov 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4133344)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Please, no. This isn't IMSA. Closing the pits during FCY would remove one of the few performance/strategy variables left in the age of BoP and super reliability.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...nge-next-year/
Ant just said he's a fan of this on the commentary. Not entirely sure Haven was supposed to confirm it on air but okay.

I'm struggling to see the rationale for the change after all these years? One thing I haven't loved is FCY's been extended longer than needed to ensure all cars get a chance to pit. That kind of removed the tactical edge anyway as it let slower teams react. So in theory it should lead to quicker FCYs/more green time. That's the only thing I can think of.

But a knock-on will be there needs to be some sort of emergency service provision now like in IMSA. So some teams will get nailed due to that.

As long as they don't mess around with Le Mans too much I don't mind I guess.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4133935)   #31
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP2 could be dropped from WEC as early as 2024

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck_eGnON...d=MTg0ZDhmNDA=
Old 19 Nov 2022, 02:57 (Ref:4134194)   #32
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have the subscription to Endurance-info, but the headline looks very interesting:

Quote:
WEC - A new BoP in Hypercar from 2023
To avoid having to justify any changes and to avoid another 24 Hours of Le Mans being polluted by endless debate, the ACO is working on a 2.0 Balance of Performance for its Hypercar category. What is it ? Endurance-Info investigated...
https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...eR3MKFO1Sfgwkk
Old 19 Nov 2022, 03:37 (Ref:4134197)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Solution to that is dead simple. Just have a separate thread for it. The ACO aren’t very bright.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157179
Old 25 Nov 2022, 15:43 (Ref:4134897)   #34
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
RIP Richard Mille Racing

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...es-operations/
Old 25 Nov 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4134906)   #35
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Owner is President of FIA Endurance Commission ???

LMP2???
Old 28 Nov 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4135167)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And?? LMP2 is spec so the least able to bend the rules and just because YOU can't separate operations and have managers under you perform work doesn't mean others can't
Old 28 Nov 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4135210)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Early 2024 calendar rumours (Paywall):

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...ricaine-du-wec

Sebring out. Replaced as season opener by Qatar (*vomits*)

Alternate American rounds being looked at.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4135228)   #38
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow. Swapping Sebring for Qatar. That is a serious downgrade.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 19:16 (Ref:4135243)   #39
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Wow. Swapping Sebring for Qatar. That is a serious downpayment.
An equally accurate statement to yours, Mike.

Should this come to pass, I, for one, look forward to Pierre Fillon insisting the billiard-smooth Losail is as much of a test as Sebring with a straight face.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 00:28 (Ref:4135263)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting time for the rumor to come out. The views of having sporting events in Qatar aren’t completely favorable.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4135386)   #41
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sebring is in the DNA of sportscars. Its like the ACO take one step forwards, then two steps back.

The 3 "must have" rounds are Sebring, Spa, LeMans, surely?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4135405)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I'm sure the usual people will be here to defend this, but if that ends up happening it's an utter disgrace. They really absolutely don't care about the results in the fan surveys.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4135426)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The FIA and the ACO don't care if WEC races are held in the middle of nowhere, and that's sad.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:56 (Ref:4135434)   #44
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Middle of nowhere pays the bills, ugh
Old 29 Nov 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4135465)   #45
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
WEC is not normally on my radar, as most of my motorsport is attending more parochial stuff . But I thought it was about time I saw a round again, as it is over twenty years since I did . So what happened ? I look at the calendar , and see rounds at venues steeped in sports car history, not , like Portimao and (FFS) Bahrain . And nothing in the UK .How long haven't we had a race and why don't we have one any more ?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4135469)   #46
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
WEC is not normally on my radar, as most of my motorsport is attending more parochial stuff . But I thought it was about time I saw a round again, as it is over twenty years since I did . So what happened ? I look at the calendar , and see rounds at venues steeped in sports car history, not , like Portimao and (FFS) Bahrain . And nothing in the UK .How long haven't we had a race and why don't we have one any more ?
I believe there were Silverstone representatives at the Bahrain round. Fingers crossed they throw us a bone.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4135471)   #47
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect the powers that be really don’t like the fact that the WEC race isn’t the main attraction at Sebring
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4135473)   #48
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sebring is in the DNA of sportscars. Its like the ACO take one step forwards, then two steps back.

The 3 "must have" rounds are Sebring, Spa, LeMans, surely?
While I wish this were true, there is only one must-have round - Le Mans.

Every other venue is negotiable, and goodwill doesn't add as many zeros to the account balance.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:59 (Ref:4135476)   #49
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
I suspect the powers that be really don’t like the fact that the WEC race isn’t the main attraction at Sebring
Yep this.

Pretty gutted as was looking at attending Super Sebring again in '24. Was lucky enough to be at the first one it was superb for the fans.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 03:04 (Ref:4135502)   #50
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Probably scheduled on the same weekend as the 12H.

Indy comes to mind.

I'm probably one of few that actually wouldn't be sad to see the FIA disappear from the historic airport site.