Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 May 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3903668)   #586
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think as tb has said in the past Silverstone will probably be gone next year anyway, it is used so little and probably lost a ton of money last year, so good riddance hopefully!
Just to clarify on my post a while ago about this, I am not sure if it will be totally gone. The marshal I spoke to (at Silverstone) seemed to think this year was the last year that the British Championship would use the circuit, but it was my assumption that the World Championship would remain there...

...I have heard nothing else on the matter since and, given the source of the story, I do wonder if the story the marshal was passing on was paddock rumour rather than hard fact!
Old 14 May 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3903690)   #587
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was meagerly commenting on it as I feel it is probably true.

I doubt that BRX can afford to run there!

Speedmachine I would guess have signed a contact for 3 or 4 years, maybe 2.

We will see after this, but I don't expect it to last that long, it is perhaps the worst of all IMG designed tracks
Old 14 May 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3903699)   #588
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
it is perhaps the worst of all IMG designed tracks
Not even close for me: CotA is by far the dullest in my eyes!
Old 14 May 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3903708)   #589
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think a few are just a bit plain. But that's the way they do it in WRX. It's more short circuit Rallycross, which I don't really have too much of a problem with, they do things a bit different
Old 14 May 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3903759)   #590
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point is Spa has shown what a good rallycross track needs, a proper gravel section. Even those blinded by pound signs at IMG must have seen how spectacular the cars looked and racing that wasn't decided by the first corner. This is the template for all potential future tracks and even current ones. If your not willing to invest in a proper surface then you shouldn't get a round. Unfortunately because it would appear IMG want gp tracks more than those circuits want rallycross it's not a bargaining tool they'll probably ever use.

Out of interest for next year, anybody who was there, what was the spectating like, could you see the whole circuit, was the dust on Sunday a problem and how was access to the paddock?
Also I noted 17500 spectators over the weekend which seemed small compared to other circuit claims (27000 reportedly at Mettet last year) though I feel probably a more realistic figure.
Old 14 May 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3903765)   #591
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The crowd figures at Lydden were always heavily twisted too, it's a common thing to do. Mainly for PR.

I would guess 17500 looked right, weather was awful first day from pics.

27000 at Metet, lol must be a typo
Old 14 May 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3903775)   #592
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always assumed it's the total of both days. If so, 27k could be fair for Mettet. Looked more busy than Spa.
Old 14 May 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3903804)   #593
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Agreed 27 for two days is more likely.

Not a patch on Sweden or France which are crazy.

If I were IMG I would be having two rounds at each country. Spain do it in MotoGP, mainly because the own the whole thing!
Old 15 May 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3903862)   #594
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donít Spain have 4 MotoGPs? Jerez, Aragon, Catalunya and Valencia? Itís mad.

I think most will give figures of the whole weekend, so a lot of people get counted twice. France always looks the most packed on TV, but I think a lot of that is just that the viewing area is obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3903886)   #595
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Yes, Italy used to have 3 rounds of Superbike too because they owned the series.

Bit like Pamer running the majority of BSB events at MSV tracks!

if they ahve no plans for the future and expanding, if I were IMG I would be going back to Finland, maybe have another round in France.

But they are now a World series even though the series is not a world series, so they have to visit places out the way to qualify, it's a but silly.