Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 May 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3903868)   #166
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a few drivers in the field on the manufacturer pay roll.

W Series is just another opportunity.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3903911)   #167
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see it more as failing if it doesnít get other drivers into the fore. Iím sure if Jamie wins that W-Series will shout about how it succeeded in getting her a contract, but I think she was already well on the way to stardom.

Doesnít seem to be much point of the series if it is just making people aware of drivers that they were already aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3903917)   #168
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stardom? In sportscars? Literally said no one. Ever.

She’s top in W Series for sure but hasn’t done much of anything else to mark herself out.

Winning a reverse grid race in a weak BRDC “F3” doesn’t make you F1 material.
Old 15 May 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3903924)   #169
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Just a random thought about what was said earlier in this thread (forgive me, but I haven't see the races myself). From what I understand no one driver has 'her' specific race car, they are simply drawn out of a hat, or otherwise randomly allocated for each race meeting. There were other comments that 'as all of the cars look the same, it's hard to differentiate who is driving which car. Would it not be possible for each driver to have 'her own' front & rear wing colouring? These items could then be swapped from tub to tub and aid driver identification?
(Or am I talking out of the top of my head as usual because I don't really know what's going on?)
Old 15 May 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3903958)   #170
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just a random thought about what was said earlier in this thread (forgive me, but I haven't see the races myself). From what I understand no one driver has 'her' specific race car, they are simply drawn out of a hat, or otherwise randomly allocated for each race meeting. There were other comments that 'as all of the cars look the same, it's hard to differentiate who is driving which car. Would it not be possible for each driver to have 'her own' front & rear wing colouring? These items could then be swapped from tub to tub and aid driver identification?
(Or am I talking out of the top of my head as usual because I don't really know what's going on?)
There was an element of differentiation on the rear end - national flag on the rear wing end plates and their name is on the sidepod but from the tv shots it really didn't help much as it wasn't all that obvious.
Attached Thumbnails
a9382dfaf6aa5e1b1191da859fc4ebd4.jpg   J6I1853.jpg  

Last edited by BertMk2; 15 May 2019 at 14:24. Reason: Had a look.
Old 15 May 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3903964)   #171
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As all the cars are new, it would be easy for a driver to have their own set of personalised bodywork - rear wing assembly, front nosecone, engine cover and side pods, and could incorporate a personalised livery whilst maintaining a centrally run car.

The lower floor section which may incorporate parts of the sidepods can be swapped over, but not a 30 second job like a sidepod is.
Old 15 May 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3904040)   #172
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Stardom? In sportscars? Literally said no one. Ever.

Literally said me. in the post youíre referring to.

Sure she wonít be on the back pages of newspapers in GTs, but you canít pretend like a pro factory drive in a top level motorsport is unimpressive. Presumably you only consider F1 to be Ďstardomí worthy? So being like George Russell is better than being like Nick Tandy?

Old 17 May 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3904345)   #173
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Literally said me. in the post youíre referring to.

Sure she wonít be on the back pages of newspapers in GTs, but you canít pretend like a pro factory drive in a top level motorsport is unimpressive. Presumably you only consider F1 to be Ďstardomí worthy? So being like George Russell is better than being like Nick Tandy?

Well said! Perhaps the world won't know you like Sebastien Vettel and Lewis Hamilton, but the true fans will certainly know her quality
Old 18 May 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3904504)   #174
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chadwick on pole again.
Old 18 May 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3904508)   #175
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the problem with many "fans" these days. They think F1 is the be all and end all of motorsport.

There are plenty of drivers making far more money from their careers outside of F1 than many do and have done inside F1.
Old 18 May 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3904512)   #176
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This second race is an absolute disaster. The hometown "hero" didn't even make the start due to technical problems. 2 SCs in the first 7 minutes. Commentators missed the start, then shout and scream whenever anything happens.
Old 18 May 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3904513)   #177
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
W Series for Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Well said! Perhaps the world won't know you like Sebastien Vettel and Lewis Hamilton, but the true fans will certainly know her quality

But then again F1 gets small column inches here in Australia even in the biggest newspaper. Doubt the mainstream news here even realises the series exists and that there is even a Aussie driver in the series (Caitlin Wood). All patriotism aside Iím a big fan of Chadwick and Gosia Rdest.
Old 18 May 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3904514)   #178
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Why is it taking so long to clear these cars?

Edit: The names on the noses make it much easier to identify drivers, nice change.

Last edited by ApexTurtle; 18 May 2019 at 14:34.
Old 18 May 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3904516)   #179
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
That was pretty fun, I will once again complain there should be 2 races per weekend. I'm enjoying this more than I thought.
Old 18 May 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3904519)   #180
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
That was pretty fun, I will once again complain there should be 2 races per weekend. I'm enjoying this more than I thought.
Iíd like to see two races as well. Maybe you could pay for it?