Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 May 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3903495)   #4336
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
I still think Showtime should be sponsoring a car in the Indy500, and that filming happens around the Billions teev series.

You could imagine the connection with fans of the show to bring the Axe Capital brand to a team that just happens to win.

There is even an opening in the plot, Axe was refused access to owning an NFL team.. IndyCar could easily replace it.

Especially with the vivid imagery of hot lapping an AMG Benz around a track and ordering 2 of them for his fun...

Just a thought...
"Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies. Doesn't mean they can do karate" - Bobby Axelrod, Billions
Old 14 May 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3903729)   #4337
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see why more brands like that get involved with Indycar, especially the 500. It's on the up and has some of the best drivers competing in it. The extra publicity for both sides would be great.
Old 14 May 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3903782)   #4338
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cause the price is insane for no guaranteed appearance and frankly near zero national exposure for all but a handful of cars. Last estimate I saw was Juncos was looking for 500k for just the 500, not likely there's a line of sponsors just waiting to burn half a million. Juncos is good at sniffing those opportunities out and they aren't out there it seems. Sounds like we may be one car short without someone stepping in this week.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 May 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3904005)   #4339
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Cause the price is insane for no guaranteed appearance and frankly near zero national exposure for all but a handful of cars. Last estimate I saw was Juncos was looking for 500k for just the 500, not likely there's a line of sponsors just waiting to burn half a million. Juncos is good at sniffing those opportunities out and they aren't out there it seems. Sounds like we may be one car short without someone stepping in this week.
Could they take the sponsor from a team that doesn't make the top 33? that would be a hell of a deal!
Old 15 May 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3904015)   #4340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could they take the sponsor from a team that doesn't make the top 33? that would be a hell of a deal!
Apparently RM has talked with Juncos and has a few leads for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run a bit and try to earn a sponsor with a good showing
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 16 May 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3904144)   #4341
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'd rather see (I think) more involvement from Red Bull in Indycar.

This. They're involved (or have been) in so many types of motorsport. A Red Bull Indycar livery would be sweet.
Old 17 May 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3904286)   #4342
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
This. They're involved (or have been) in so many types of motorsport. A Red Bull Indycar livery would be sweet.
Didnt Red Bull run with Eddie Cheever's IRL team back in the day?
"Lots of guys watch Bruce Lee movies. Doesn't mean they can do karate" - Bobby Axelrod, Billions
Old 17 May 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3904337)   #4343
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
yes
Old 17 May 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3904380)   #4344
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I never followed the IRL but I think Red Bull sponsored Cheever's IRL team, Red Bull Cheever Racing, from 2002-2006.

Red Bull also sponsored Champ Car team. PKV Racing in 2007, Champ Car's final year.

Old 17 May 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3904393)   #4345
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they sponsored an Indy lights team around the same time.
Old 19 May 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3904757)   #4346
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you folks are shamelessly demonstrating my lack of historical knowledge of the sport... thanks for that!

Those liveries do look nice. Would love to see one on today's car.