Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Apr 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3898272)   #1021
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Definitely no spectating where I'll be (8/9bis, driver's left, roughly from where the tram passes under the track near Decathlon/Antares down to about 100m short of the first chicane). 1.3km of flat chat acceleration!

When the track's live though it's an awful long drive to practically anywhere for us, so I suspect I won't be moving very far - which means I might get some piccies taken, especially at night when I'm off shift.

I'm not remotely excited. Nope.
I'm seriously envious of that view! (Although I wouldn't want to be stuck in the same place for as long as you!) Some video would be good!

49/268
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3898466)   #1022
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
LM has some great vantage points and yes a few videos wouldn’t go amiss
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3898549)   #1023
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am now a member of the ACO. Alors!
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3898550)   #1024
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see you're really getting into this Peter!

49/268
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3898551)   #1025
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah mais oui.
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3898552)   #1026
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
LM has some great vantage points and yes a few videos wouldn’t go amiss
As it happens, I'm just uploading video #100 from my trip last year. My story is very delayed (life has just got in the way far too much) but I still hope to beat my delay record of about 7 years ago when it was 'published' just 5 weeks before the race!

49/268
Old 23 Apr 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3899208)   #1027
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Debating if I should splurge on a grandstand ticket this year. I'd like to sit in T34 at some point, is it open for GE holders on Wednesday and Thursday? If so I might just settle for that.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3899227)   #1028
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Debating if I should splurge on a grandstand ticket this year. I'd like to sit in T34 at some point, is it open for GE holders on Wednesday and Thursday? If so I might just settle for that.
Yes it is.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3901315)   #1029
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy enough to settle for GE this year!

Is this the best road for accessing the TR campsite? How late can one check in? I might be arriving quite late on Sunday.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...438!4d0.222326
Old 2 May 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3901328)   #1030
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes that is the normal way in. However it that one is closed. Head back towards le mans after the roundabout turn left to wards the main circuit entrance near the museum and get in there. You may need to get a GE there anyway.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3901344)   #1031
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
That makes sense. I wonder why they’ve closed it off though? Thankfully there’s so many roads around there and coming in next to the museum must be epic
Old 2 May 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3901355)   #1032
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets say manning a gate there for a few people arriving at Tertre Rouge campsite on Sunday is expensive, were as the main gate will have people there anyway.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3901360)   #1033
S griffin
Veteran

Well I guess that’s a good reason to do it. Especially if there are loads coming
Old 20 May 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3904891)   #1034
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinking about avoiding Paris on my way to LM comming from the Netherlands. Is driving via Rouen doable. I mean traffic wise.
Old 20 May 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3904897)   #1035
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Thinking about avoiding Paris on my way to LM comming from the Netherlands. Is driving via Rouen doable. I mean traffic wise.
That looks like a bit of a detour but maybe avoiding Paris is worth it.

I have driven through Rouen a couple of times on the way down from Calais or Dieppe but my usual route these days is to skirt around to the north of Rouen on the A29 then head south via Yvetot, before joining the A28 to Le Mans. It's slower but a lot nicer, and you cross the Seine over a pretty cool suspension bridge.

Having said that, I had no trouble driving through Rouen.