Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3873431)   #16
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Depends why they killed it, if it was to stop the attack and possibly save the keeper then justified but if they shot it because it had already done what comes naturally then totally unjustified.
They killed it because they couldn't retrieve the body.For example the other week a tourist guide group in the artic went into the Polar Bears (soon to be extinct) habitat and killed it because it was threatening them.I don't need to say anymore.
Old 1 Jan 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3873432)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems the intern had only been there 10 days. Given it was at a conservation centre one would think they might had used a sedative drug dart to sedate the lion and allow retrieval of the intern's body. It seems security measures were in place but.....

Why an intern with only 10 days experience was even put in that situation raises eyebrows, and just seems wrong.

Full story here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ncerns-n953386
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 1 Jan 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3873433)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Whatever happened to tranquiliser darts in zoos or am I being naive?
Old 1 Jan 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3873434)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Whatever happened to tranquiliser darts in zoos or am I being naive?
My thoughts exactly.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 1 Jan 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3873435)   #20
Willmaz223
Veteran

W're meant to be protecting them not everytime they do something wrong or pose a threat or do something we dont like we kill them.
They did try tranquiliser sedative but it didnt work
Old 1 Jan 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3873439)   #21
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best wishes for the New Year everyone.

I spotted a recipe that included croissant a few days ago and decided it was probably necessary to try it out.

See pic.

Crispy Smoked bacon, banana and then lightly 'fried' to warm it up. Add Maple syrup to taste but not having any to hand I used honey.

Very nice and very filling. Would make a perfect start to a Delta day.

Had expected to need 2 but one was enough - though another rasher of bacon and the rest of the very ripe banana were swiftly fried and consumed rather than end up in the bin.

Mr. Gove and his new food waste person would be proud of me.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20190101_002[1].jpg  
Old 1 Jan 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3873440)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
W're meant to be protecting them not everytime they do something wrong or pose a threat or do something we dont like we kill them.
They did try tranquiliser sedative but it didnt work

Will,

I suspect in situations like that there is little choice available.

You can't leave the corpse to rot - the Conservancy Centre would be finished if they let that happen. They maybe finished anyway but ...

Once the animal has killed the chances are it would try to do it again, so it most probably needs to leave the zoo (or indeed any zoo) and go back to the wild. Assuming it came from the wild.

It would probably be very unprepared for that sort of change and may already be too old to have any chance of survival.

As for Polar bears ... nasty, vicious creatures that eat their cubs and murder cute seals.
Old 1 Jan 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3873444)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm. Delta son says ď letís go to the game Dad ď. Loosing 0.3 half time .
Old 1 Jan 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3873445)   #24
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmmm. Delta son says ď letís go to the game Dad ď. Loosing 0.3 half time .
Youíre not the only ones- so are we... (losing, but only 1-0 )
Old 1 Jan 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3873446)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now 4 and Iíve just paid £2.50 for a cup of tea . Thatís £2.30 shillings in old money . My Dad will be turning in his grave .
Old 1 Jan 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3873447)   #26
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Now 4 and Iíve just paid £2.50 for a cup of tea . Thatís £2.30 shillings in old money . My Dad will be turning in his grave .
If thatís what a cuppa costs, however much is a Pukka pie....?
Old 1 Jan 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3873450)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Now 4 and I’ve just paid £2.50 for a cup of tea . That’s £2.30 shillings in old money . My Dad will be turning in his grave .
er, £2 - 10 shillings you mean... two green notes and a brown one.

Happy New Year to all.
Old 1 Jan 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3873452)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes Dave your right , I always try and take a positive out of these situations . Today it was the first time I got OAP concession . Pukka Pie £4.50.
Old 1 Jan 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3873453)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Yes Dave your right , I always try and take a positive out of these situations . Today it was the first time I got OAP concession . Pukka Pie £4.50.

Was that a family size pie?
Old 1 Jan 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3873454)   #30
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Will,

I suspect in situations like that there is little choice available.

You can't leave the corpse to rot - the Conservancy Centre would be finished if they let that happen. They maybe finished anyway but ...

Once the animal has killed the chances are it would try to do it again, so it most probably needs to leave the zoo (or indeed any zoo) and go back to the wild. Assuming it came from the wild.

It would probably be very unprepared for that sort of change and may already be too old to have any chance of survival.

As for Polar bears ... nasty, vicious creatures that eat their cubs and murder cute seals.
They pail in comparsion to what humans have done but I won't go into that.It would become a large rant.
Just watching vids on bodybuilders,lost for words , how much do they eat?