Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3902677)   #16
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the Ford liveries I am guessing it will be like this:

#66 = black car 1966
#67 = red car 1967
#68 = 2016 winner
#69 = gulf 1968/1969
Old 8 May 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3902686)   #17
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I'm probably in the minority in hoping they go with 4 identical traditional white/red/black liveries.
I think we've been here before......

49/268
Old 14 May 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3903731)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I can't wait to see which liveries they use. Le Mans is usually the best for seeing retro liveries, especially in the GT Class
Old 14 May 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3903745)   #19
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can't wait to see which liveries they use. Le Mans is usually the best for seeing retro liveries, especially in the GT Class
Do you mean that Le Mans is popular for teams to run retro liveries, or that something about the circuit makes the liveries better?
Old 14 May 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3903746)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Do you mean that Le Mans is popular for teams to run retro liveries, or that something about the circuit makes the liveries better?
And the teams can make a bit of money on the side selling t shirts. porsche did very well out of the two they did last year.
Old 14 May 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3903790)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
17 GTE-Pro entries, damn!
Old 15 May 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3903952)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The former. And as the post above says it helps with retro merchandise too. So no wonder it's a popular thing to do
Old 23 May 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3905376)   #23
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought I'd play with Paint on Windows for fun and get a rough idea of Ford paint schemes. Doubt it will be like exactly. Again just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Fords.PNG  
Old 23 May 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3905388)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

I think it would be good to see those from all angles
Old 23 May 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3905422)   #25
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it would be good to see those from all angles
Seeing as the graphics software used to draw those is a 2D raster application, they are all the angles.
Old 24 May 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3905509)   #26
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know if this will fit well here, and I haven't been able to find a good thread to ask about this in. But I have a technical question about the GTE cars. Since 2016, the front and rear diffusers on them have become less regulated. But I'm wondering what determines the size of them.

They're certainly not spec parts, and I know what's done up front is limited by packaging compared to LMP cars, but the rear diffusers are very different from car to car. But what determines the size and shape per the technical regs?
Old 26 May 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3906053)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Seem to remember it can extend a certain distance beyond the rear bodywork. 100mm?

So a car with a long rear overhang can have a very long rear diffuser. A car like the Ford GT which was designed to the regs, more or less.
Old 31 May 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3907143)   #28
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Which Porsche do you think will be the highest finisher at Le Mans this year? This one is a tough one. Even the #94 car has a great line up with some young hotshoe drivers. Still I'll go with the #92 still I suppose. I'm probably in the minority in hoping they go with 4 identical traditional white/red/black liveries.

91 Germany Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WEC Austria Richard Lietz Italy Gianmaria Bruni France Frédéric Makowiecki

92 Germany Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WEC Denmark Michael Christensen France Kevin Estre Belgium Laurens Vanthoor

93 United States Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WTSC United Kingdom Nick Tandy France Patrick Pilet New Zealand Earl Bamber

94 United States Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WTSC Germany Sven Müller France Mathieu Jaminet Norway Dennis Olsen
Like #93. Feel it's the strongest driver lineup!
Old 31 May 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3907201)   #29
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Not going to mistake this for anything else, are we?

https://twitter.com/pmahon55/status/...686167040?s=19
Old 31 May 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3907215)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not going to mistake this for anything else, are we?

https://twitter.com/pmahon55/status/...686167040?s=19
I really like it. I liked that livery back in the GTP days of IMSA as well.