Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Apr 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3899179)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
2019 WEC Spa francorchamps 6 hrs

Dear 10tenthers,

At the risk of starting a double thread: We'll be visting the Spa round of the WEC again. It'll my 22nd consecutive visit for this race and I thought to connect a few of us fellow Tenthers to maybe meet up, whilst being at this lovely event.

By the way, does anybody have any news regarding the tear down and rebuilding of the old grandstands, at the bottom of Eau Rouge?
Old 23 Apr 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3899235)   #2
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Dear 10tenthers,

At the risk of starting a double thread: We'll be visting the Spa round of the WEC again. It'll my 22nd consecutive visit for this race and I thought to connect a few of us fellow Tenthers to maybe meet up, whilst being at this lovely event.

By the way, does anybody have any news regarding the tear down and rebuilding of the old grandstands, at the bottom of Eau Rouge?
Yes I was there last weekend for the Creventic run 12 Hour race and I can inform you that the area has been transformed into a track for the upcoming World Rallycross event complete with huge grandstand!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 05:37 (Ref:3899303)   #3
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
I was sent a pic of the work going on recently. Apologies for poor quality, itís a screen print....
Attached Thumbnails
F3C92535-9AE3-4CF2-AF1F-01DC5D908436.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3899311)   #4
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So still a building site! From that pic there seems to be no viewing at all where there used to be a long row of low grandstands at the bottom of Eau Rouge. I hope work is more advanced than it looks because having that whole area closed to spectators for the WEC race would be terrible.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3899316)   #5
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Weíre racing there in mid May, but thatís too late for you, unfortunately! Not sure how old the photo is, BTW- could be months.....
Old 24 Apr 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3899326)   #6
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Weíre racing there in mid May, but thatís too late for you, unfortunately! Not sure how old the photo is, BTW- could be months.....
Iíll be there for the Peter Auto event too! Iím worried about losing the iconic shot of cars going up Eau Rouge which used to come from the stands and food court area in what is now a building site. The coverage from the 4+8hr event last weekend seemed to show something similar to your picture. But hopefully things will have progressed by the time WEC gets there!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3899331)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was sent a pic of the work going on recently. Apologies for poor quality, itís a screen print....

Oh dear, that looks bad. I'd say that's a proper 'French stroke' job. You know, the one's taking all the time in the world and only being finished when they think it's good and ready. Probably will be a mess all the way to the F1 race.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3899346)   #8
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I’ll be there for the Peter Auto event too! I’m worried about losing the iconic shot of cars going up Eau Rouge which used to come from the stands and food court area in what is now a building site. The coverage from the 4+8hr event last weekend seemed to show something similar to your picture. But hopefully things will have progressed by the time WEC gets there!
Agree about the view, but maybe it’s work in progress.... When not racing in the Historic Spa 6hrs, I always used that grandstand to watch from, the view up to Raidillon was great.

See you there, hopefully! (Am helping with B19 #15 in CER1 and Morgan SLR #57 in 60s...)
Old 24 Apr 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3899405)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There will be a few of us there for the race, i am travelling over Friday and staying at usual place near stavelot. I know Vince and Eric will also be there. happy to meet up, Usually see people in the old grandstand that has now been demolished.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3900437)   #10
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
The weather forecast for Saturday is suggesting 50% chance of rain all day, sunny spells, fierce winds and a feels-like temperature of 1-2 degrees C.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3900482)   #11
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The weather forecast for Saturday is suggesting 50% chance of rain all day, sunny spells, fierce winds and a feels-like temperature of 1-2 degrees C.
Ah, the Ardennes.
I must admit that the weather is better for the 24 Hours GT3.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3900534)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Go on them spoil it for me, taking a 42 year old open car and you predict weather like that. Still hoping for sunshine and warm temps
Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:34 (Ref:3900584)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ooomph, that doesn't sound like great race spectating weather! But it is 30+ here and I"ll be watching online, so i can't complain too much!

Wonder how good of a warmup this will be for Le Mans with that weather?
Old 30 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3900636)   #14
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London

Forecast now threatening sleet/snow
Old 30 Apr 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3900685)   #15
Lutzvic
Rookie

Hungary
Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pics somewhere, as the teams install themselves?