Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 30 Apr 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3900655)   #106
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Actually ITV waited until they were told by the medical team that all involved were OK, and Richard John Neil made the point that they wouldn't be showing the replays if they hadn't had that assurance.
I imagine they've learned that lesson rather hard after the Billy Monger accident.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3900827)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Well that was a bad moment for all and unfortunate that happened live on TV
Old 1 May 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3901094)   #108
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I imagine they've learned that lesson rather hard after the Billy Monger accident.
They didn't show any replays of that either. Two years later, still haven't.
Old 2 May 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3901153)   #109
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They didn't show any replays of that either. Two years later, still haven't.
They 100% did show replays of that, multiple times I seem to recall.....
Old 2 May 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3901166)   #110
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
My memory isn't the best but I think at most they showed it once immediately afterwards. I'm 100% certain they did not show it multiple times.
Old 2 May 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3901199)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I remember seeing it live. Canít remember if they showed a replay, but they definitely did not show it multiple times
Old 2 May 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3901202)   #112
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to recall that they showed the incident as it happened as Billy was carrying a TV camera but all subsequent repeats showings stopped before the impact.....
Old 2 May 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3901208)   #113
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
I seem to recall that they showed the incident as it happened as Billy was carrying a TV camera but all subsequent repeats showings stopped before the impact.....
Correct. Even the snippet used by the BBC at last year's SPOTY was truncated, for obvious reasons.

Back to last weekend's coverage: the incident made me cringe, and I was watching it on Sunday night from a recording made during the day. The multi-angle re-runs were instructive as the clearly showed how unsighted the second driver was but they took me just over the line of thinking "you can stop now".

I did think the mention of the "tyre bale" (actually Recticel) was a bit misleading as the stationary car was much further down the track and several other cars had jinked left or right in avoidance. It was a classic "last car in the train" crash for me, there's just no time to react.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3901317)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

Well obviously spared peopleís feelings by only showing the bit before the accident

And yes the incident was big on Sunday, not what any of us like to see. Certainly it was caught well by the TV cameras and it was a racing incident. Iím just glad everyone is ok

Whether drivers were unsighted by the tyres on the apex is not known, but it did seem it was wrong place, wrong time.
Old 2 May 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3901393)   #115
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
No. Not at all.
They were on board with Billy at the point of impact, and immediately cut to an external angle, then to a different part of the track.

But it wasn't replayed.

A number of people (and even some national newspapers) put recordings of it on the internet and added their own replays but there were none on ITV.
Old 3 May 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3901547)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, I remember we were onboard at the moment on impact, a bit unforeseen and wasnít shown after that. As it was shown live, thereís bound to be footage of it online. Itís right ITV havenít shown it since