Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 May 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3901412)   #16
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consciously, sir Sarrazin, consciously. Hope the Russians can repair the blue Dallara or we won't have any nothing worth to watch on Saturday.
Old 2 May 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3901416)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Consciously, sir Sarrazin, consciously. Hope the Russians can repair the blue Dallara or we won't have any nothing worth to watch on Saturday.
Apparently the car is not that damaged and it's weekend isn't affected by the off.
Old 3 May 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3901455)   #18
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ahoy Comrades,

Is the only way to watch the full race to pay the 5-Euro fee on the WEC website?

(I can see that Eurosports have the start and finish on the television but switch to cycling for the middle section)
Old 3 May 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3901463)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
So, watertight mountaineering boots at the ready, thermo underwear, rainponcho, winterjacket and a set of gloves, just to be sure. I'll leave my videocamera at home and'll only use my cameraphone. I say: bring it on!
Old 3 May 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3901500)   #20
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Well, it seems in FP1 that Toyota were maybe screwing around, considering that in FP3 they already ran faster than last year's pole time. Possibly a moot point given that it might rain for qualifying.

Also seems that unless they figure something out that Rebellion will have a fight to better SMP this weekend. It seems that their LM kit isn't suited to Spa while SMP are running their sprint kit and Toyota's low downforce kit probably has more downforce than SMP's sprint bodywork does.
Old 3 May 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3901504)   #21
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Apologize for the double post but I think the edit timer timed out on my last post. It actually seems, based on a photo I saw on Facebook, that Rebellion did revert back to their sprint kit for FP3, probably in anticipation of rain.
Old 3 May 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3901505)   #22
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good old CLM
Old 3 May 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3901524)   #23
ydd
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
ydd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Ahoy Comrades,

Is the only way to watch the full race to pay the 5-Euro fee on the WEC website?

(I can see that Eurosports have the start and finish on the television but switch to cycling for the middle section)

Did you get an answer to this?

For such a big series it is really hard to follow
Old 3 May 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3901525)   #24
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
The WEC app is the best place to watch. You can also watch it in Eurosport player.
Old 3 May 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3901534)   #25
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forecast is for snow overnight and morning, then sun/showers (rain/sleet) on and off the rest of the day. Temperatures (with a cold wind) not more than 2C all day. Could be pretty chaotic, if it sleets on-and-off all race, possibly on one part of the track but not another.

I'm assuming that any settled snow can be cleared off the track by race start. They should have a few hours to do that.

Btw it's clear from the coverage that there is no spectator viewing at all at the bottom of Eau Rouge/Raidillon where the grandstands and food court have been replaced by the RallyX track.
Old 3 May 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3901546)   #26
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTE pole at 2 min 12 at SPA. That is very fast. I think that is just a couple seconds off the 2013-2016 era of LMP2 cars now
Old 4 May 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3901656)   #27
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Ahoy Comrades,

In Europe: that, Eurosport Player or Motorsport.tv. None are free and the WEC website is the cheapest without discounts.
Old 4 May 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3901664)   #28
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Sounds like Rebellion are counting on bad weather to make their high downforce package work. Looks like their prayers have been answered. It's a winter wonderland.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...mpression=true
Old 4 May 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3901678)   #29
Maggo
Rookie

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
In Europe: that, Eurosport Player or Motorsport.tv. None are free and the WEC website is the cheapest without discounts.
here?
https://tv.sport1.de/player/player.php?id=s530811
Old 4 May 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3901680)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Well, I'll be relying on you guys both on site and on this forum to keep me informed of the goings on at Spa. Velocity/Motor Trend will only basically be showing the first and last hour or so of the race (like has been typical of the sprint/non-Le Mans races).

Granted, I'll be away from my laptop for a while to watch something else for a couple of hours starting at 6:00 US Eastern time (I won't say what since I might be in for some ridicule LOL).

And it seems that outside of Toyota, running LM aero in LMP1 just is a no-go this weekend. Rebellion seem to have had problems, even in the dry, getting their LM kit to work for them at Spa and reverted back to their sprint aero, SMP are running sprint aero. And the only reason why Toyota have gotten their LM aero to work is that their LM aero probably makes as much if not maybe more downforce than the privateers sprint aero for less drag.

Even though one of the SMP BR Dallaras on fast laps got reasonably close to the Toyotas, I think that Toyota will still have the edge big time in the race unless something happens. Granted, the same often happened with Audi and Peugeot back in the day when they were the solo factory teams in the ALMS, Le Mans and the ELMS.