Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 15 Jan 2015, 03:48 (Ref:3492962)   #1
Finski
Rookie

Finland
Australia
Finski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nordschleife, need advice!

Hi all, I am heading to Germany this June for a couple of weeks, I may be staying at the Nordschleife for about 6 nights, hopefully at a hotel with a view of the track. My initial problem is that I was hoping to hire a car to do at least one lap, now I looked at the tourist drive dates and the website shows that it is closed for "tourist drives" on every day and every month from June onwards for the rest of the year. Is this just that they don't show the dates this early? Although there are a couple of months from now I think that have very few tourist days (maybe 4 days in a month). I am there from the 29th of June to the 5th of July, the 3rd is a "PistenClub" private track day and the 4th is the VLN race which I am looking forward to but the first few days (Mon-Thur, 29th-2nd) show nothing on, I'm hoping the track isn't completely closed, anyone have any idea?

Also I'd like some advice on what I could do for this whole week at the Nordshleife. I am aware it is sort of in the middle of nowhere, I can get many many hours of enjoyment going to all the different spots and just watching cars, can I hire a bike anywhere because I'd love to ride around the beautiful area. Are there any other good activities? Places of any sort worth seeing within 1-2 hours away max (I have a car for this week so I can go anywhere)

Any advice or general info would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old 15 Jan 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3493047)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
PM http://tentenths.com/forum/member.php?u=45109 on here or wait as hopefully he will see this, he can let you know whats happening day to day and should be able to sort you out.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 15 Jan 2015 at 13:01.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jan 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3493112)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Cochem is a super little town, about half an hour south-east, on the Mosel river. I have fond memories of a good boozy lunch followed by a 2-hour river cruise on a warm summer's day. The views from the cliff-top castle are worth the climb too.
For Nordschleife info join Nürburgring Bridge To Gantry on facebook.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3494460)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its just because of , as you guessed, dates not finalised, theres no one actually in charge of tf just yet.Best to keep a check on the Nurburgring Oficial site as thats where everyone gets thier news from.
Yes there are companies renting out 'proper'bikes, try RSRN urburg and have a look at whats on offer.
RE track being closed from June, take that with a pinch as they say.
Castle Eltz is a personal favorite, around a hour from here as is Bad Godersberg, very nice town as is Bad Munstereifel with very many cafes sitting next to a walled river flowing through the walled very old town.Monreal is very picturesque and well worth a visit, its often used in tv programs over here.
The area is a walkers delight, Hohe Acht , the highest berg of the area offers some fantastic views from its peak.
Nurburg Castle is worth a look, much reconstruction having been carried out with the restoration ongoing-open everyday.
There literally is just soooo much to see and do, good cuisine with plenty of choices, trip to the Rhein at Oberwinter, some fabulous grand old halls-castles-vineris etc etc.