Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2019095)   #46
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
Why did this die out? I though the test was successful!
The tests were very successful. But how many customers purchased or leased these ProDrive developed engine on the Care Racing Ferrari 550s? I think customers went to the 997 and GT2 instead.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 17:53 (Ref:2019115)   #47
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
The tests were very successful. But how many customers purchased or leased these ProDrive developed engine on the Care Racing Ferrari 550s? I think customers went to the 997 and GT2 instead.
I thought the idea was to only test it in the 550 (that by then already was an outdated car) and make it manditory in all cars, as FIA was very much involved in the testing. From what I heard FIA was very happy with it, only the calibration was slightly off and the Ferrari was just a little quicker then they had hoped for, so why was this never installed in any other cars? This surely must be the restictors of tomorrow, instead of the not-so-good-but-simple-and-old-air-restrictors.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 18:00 (Ref:2019121)   #48
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This surely must be the restictors of tomorrow, instead of the not-so-good-but-simple-and-old-air-restrictors.
If any race orgainzation says that we will electronicly control YOUR computer, teams will flee to other races. and the race orginzation could be investigated for fixing races. Bad Idea IMO
Old 20 Sep 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2019145)   #49
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If any race orgainzation says that we will electronicly control YOUR computer, teams will flee to other races. and the race orginzation could be investigated for fixing races. Bad Idea IMO
Depends on HOW they control it! Thats why I asked how it worked.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2019147)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You all think we could venture back to The Future of Corvette some?? Thanks!!

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2019156)   #51
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
You all think we could venture back to The Future of Corvette some?? Thanks!!

L.P.
I think that the future of Corvette Racing, really depends on how much money GM is willing to pay Pratt&Miller. The good news is that GM is doing a lot better now, so they have no problem financially with the current program or resinging Pratt&Miller after their current contract is up in 2010. Assuming that Pratt&Miller wants to stay with GM.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:19 (Ref:2019171)   #52
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor i saw about LG motorsports entering the ALMS. My thought why not turn over running the C6R's in the states over to them and run the factory team in europe. That way we keep some cars in the GT1 class and with no factory corvette per say that might give an added insentive for others to join. just a thought
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2019180)   #53
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Depends on HOW they control it! Thats why I asked how it worked.
If NASA (my race orgainzation ) said they wanted to control my CPM, I would say BYE-BYE and go join the SCCA BS.

Computer codes in each CPM are based on each car AND driver, not a stock set of peramiters.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2019208)   #54
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by notguilty
i dont know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor i saw about LG motorsports entering the ALMS.
LG has officially announced the sale of all their Speed World Challenge cars and spares. No word on their future plan, however. They were rumored to be working on a GT2 Corvette at one time.

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2019209)   #55
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
If NASA (my race orgainzation ) said they wanted to control my CPM, I would say BYE-BYE and go join the SCCA BS.

Computer codes in each CPM are based on each car AND driver, not a stock set of peramiters.

Really, stop drawing those conclusions, neither you or me knows how it works. I asked on the previous page how it worked but I havent got an answer on it yet. Neither you or me knows exactly what FIA did with the box, I've heard they did something with the spark timing or similar, which I find quite odd. Either way, it would most likely be some sort of standard program each team had to put in their computer together with their programs, that limits something in the engine, and would be identical for every car of the same model, and similar for all cars.
Theres a lot of series that the organisers control sertain parts of the program, FIA are even looking for providing spec ECUs for F1 with the new regs.
If done right, it should have no effect what so ever on teams leaving the serie, I belive this was encurraged by a lot of teams/manufacturers in FIA-GT as it would cut a whole lot of costs, as I said, the engine would be hugely more longlived when it doesnt have to choke all the time.

Either way, I asked a fairly straight forward question in my first post, and those speculations of yours arent providing any answers what so ever, or making it any clearer.

BTW, I dont think there has been more then tops 5 posts in this whole thread that can be regarded as really on topic... :P
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2019213)   #56
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
BTW, I dont think there has been more then tops 5 posts in this whole thread that can be regarded as really on topic... :P
Unfortunitly some ppl want black and white answers. Racing is not that way.

It worked. the FIA did not adopt at that time. Nuff said
Old 20 Sep 2007, 20:11 (Ref:2019216)   #57
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
LG has officially announced the sale of all their Speed World Challenge cars and spares. No word on their future plan, however. They were rumored to be working on a GT2 Corvette at one time.
Anoucment will be made at Road Atlanta Speed World GT / ALMS race.

Race shop garage sales happen all the time.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2020522)   #58
flavorPacket
Rookie

United States
Ann Arbor, MI
flavorPacket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here's an on topic post for you.

There was a Pratt & Miller employee in the wind tunnel at my uni this week, testing things that I unfortunately can't describe in any detail, but looked very interesting and not like something I've seen on a GT car.

--Claude Rouelle
Old 22 Sep 2007, 17:10 (Ref:2020526)   #59
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
P&M is doing more than just raing. IIRC they are also involved in defence and aviation. So not everything they put into a wind-tunnel must be racing related.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2020559)   #60
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
P&M is doing more than just raing. IIRC they are also involved in defence and aviation. So not everything they put into a wind-tunnel must be racing related.
What? were did you get that from? http://www.prattmiller.com/