Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Apr 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3968049)   #4456
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Production suspended, share price down 47% today. A pound a share!
Maybe Stroll will just take the whole thing private.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3968054)   #4457
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ouch, and on the day they voted and approved the Stroll investment plan. If he'd waited he could have bought the whole thing for a nickel and ride home
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 16:53 (Ref:3968059)   #4458
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I think if Stroll becomes majority owner, one, he'll take AM back to being a private limited company under UK law, and two, he'll demote or fire Palmer, or force him to resign. May even pay him to just go away like what VAG and Porsche did to Weiking in 2009.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3968110)   #4459
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
They have said they will go ahead with plans to change the F1 team name next season, which will be good for those who feel Racing Point isnít a good team name
Old 1 Apr 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3968114)   #4460
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They have said they will go ahead with plans to change the F1 team name next season, which will be good for those who feel Racing Point isnít a good team name
True, though the share price was a lot higher when said. Things have to be critical for AML right now sadly.
Old 24 May 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3978111)   #4461
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Just read that Andy Palmer has been forced to leave Aston Martin as CEO. They're looking at getting someone attached to Mercedes-AMG to take over.
Old 24 May 2020, 20:31 (Ref:3978120)   #4462
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
To be very honest i think AM will be very lucky to survive the current situation and if they do will there be enough customers out there for them to spend much on racing
Old 25 May 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3978279)   #4463
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it looks to me like circling the wagons and I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to buy back the company and take it private again. Don't know if that's possible with the UK rules but I could see the group owning it pushing for a more Ferrari style "lifestyle" company branding.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 25 May 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3978300)   #4464
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Just read that Andy Palmer has been forced to leave Aston Martin as CEO. They're looking at getting someone attached to Mercedes-AMG to take over.
Racing-wise I expect the new guy to axe the FIA WEC GTE-Pro team.
Old 26 May 2020, 03:03 (Ref:3978320)   #4465
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
On what basis?
Old 26 May 2020, 03:41 (Ref:3978321)   #4466
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post

Donít be too certain about that. Depends how much money the company is tipping in versus how much sponsors like Total cover. And then thereís the fact the GTE programme sells cars to customers in GTE AM (even if not many).
Old 26 May 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3978355)   #4467
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't be surprised either way if it decides to stay or go from the WEC. It may be decided that's an unnecessary side part or they may let some third party run it for them. Watch this space I say
Old 26 May 2020, 11:49 (Ref:3978380)   #4468
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A change at the top might just give them a better chance at survive and/or thrive hopefully.