Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3984732)   #496
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Really hope so! In september there are other sports events which can harm a 24-hour broadcast, hope they will do it!
The Tour de France will definitely take up one of their channels during race week.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3984741)   #497
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Does anyone know wheter Eurosport will broadcast this year s race? Wenn this question is way too off topic, please put it in the right one. thanks.
ACO are making noises about streaming it
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3984744)   #498
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So, as things stand, if you have your tickets already - you're in.....

Ticket sales have been suspended in the hope that conditions improve, enabling current restrictions on large crowds to be lifted. Only ACO members* and anyone who already holds a ticket for the race will be admitted to the circuit as a spectator. ACO members, spectators and authorised resellers who have already booked and paid for grandstand tickets, camping areas, parking spaces or ACO member hospitality areas may purchase the corresponding tickets for the race. Please contact ACO customer services (serviceclients@lemans.org).
If you already have tickets or are entitled to order tickets (grandstand or campsite tickets already purchased) you're in AS LONG AS "conditions improve, enabling current restrictions on large crowds to be lifted"
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3984745)   #499
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have sent an email to the ACO address given asking about when the campsites open, if they are open Tuesday then we will go then, if not it will have to be Wednesday.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3984747)   #500
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Have saturday and sunday night shift till 6am monday morning. Will probably ask for sunday night off, so I can attend a Concours d'Elegance in Antwerp on sunday afternoon, ride towards Reims to have my traditional "Champagne in a pool" sunday evening, then monday towards Le Mans. If the campsites are open on monday, I'll head towards the track. If not, I'll camp in Beaumont till they do open.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3984762)   #501
greenmachinets040
Rookie

greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
ACO are making noises about streaming it
Wooow, that would be awesome! On the other hand, it lets us doubt, that Eurosport is doing the full 24h coverage...
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3984769)   #502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Have saturday and sunday night shift till 6am monday morning. Will probably ask for sunday night off, so I can attend a Concours d'Elegance in Antwerp on sunday afternoon, ride towards Reims to have my traditional "Champagne in a pool" sunday evening, then monday towards Le Mans. If the campsites are open on monday, I'll head towards the track. If not, I'll camp in Beaumont till they do open.
Might join you there on tuesday evening if campsites do not open until Wednesdsy
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3984814)   #503
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know wheter Eurosport will broadcast this year s race? Wenn this question is way too off topic, please put it in the right one. thanks.
Eurosport have a special subscription offer for the player at the moment - 19.99 for 1 year until July 20th. This means it would also cover you for next year's 24 hour as well.

https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3984888)   #504
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok plans coming together and it looks like the usual team will be on TR in September.

If people want i will redo the "were are you staying" thread as suspect things will not be the same as they were for everyone.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3984896)   #505
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might be worth hanging fire for a few more days on that poll just in case the ACO announce some site closures...

(Although I can't see the attendance numbers being so low that they would look to do that).
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3984900)   #506
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Might be worth hanging fire for a few more days on that poll just in case the ACO announce some site closures...

(Although I can't see the attendance numbers being so low that they would look to do that).
They may make some strategic / financial based decisions on which campsites are open or not.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3984905)   #507
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
They may make some strategic / financial based decisions on which campsites are open or not.
Maybe it's a bit early to get this information. Not sure the ticket office employees could give it to me. If no official news next week I'll go to ask them.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3984919)   #508
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Maybe it's a bit early to get this information. Not sure the ticket office employees could give it to me. If no official news next week I'll go to ask them.
I think the most important thing for me is when do the campsites open, so i can book up the tunnel, think i will be going down Tuesday so if they open up Wednesday i will stop somewhere on the way, probably at Beaumont.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3984927)   #509
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't Beaumont a bit too far south?
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3984929)   #510
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incidently,

Midweek Motorsport has a discussion with Travel Destinations tonight. They may have a better handle on things.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.