Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Jan 2003, 17:32 (Ref:477473)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy Teams....

Liz, I've got mine all decided already...

Domenech Racing

Driver #1: Oriol ServiÃ*, of course!
Driver #2: Patrick Carpentier

Driver #3: Bruno Junqueira
Chassis: Lola

I don't have to pick anything else, right?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 17:41 (Ref:477479)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, anything else you want to add is up to you, but those are the necessary components.

What's the name of your team?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 21:09 (Ref:477696)   #3
Hsaavedra
Rookie

Hsaavedra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My team:

Saavedra Motorsport Project
Drivers:

Mario Dominguez (#3)
Alex Tagliani(#2)
Paul Tracy(#1)

Chassis: Lola

engineers and sponsorship to come at a later date.

Last edited by Hsaavedra; 17 Jan 2003 at 21:11.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 21:29 (Ref:477721)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I remember I picked my team out months ago...
Wait a minute while I look for where I put my list...
Okay! There it is!

I pick the Players team of Villeneuve, Tracy, and Tagliani.
My chassis will be Lola, my engines Judd.

But now that I've thought about it, maybe I'll wait before making any formal announcements.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 22:11 (Ref:477745)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Domenech Racing
I had written it already, but there's no problem in repeating. And I forgot the accent: Domènech Racing

My sponsor will be Catalonia (just like in Oriol's old cars) and my pitbabe will be German actress Franka Potente. She's much more than a pitbabe and she has an appropiate surname.

(For the non-Italian or Spanish, "potente" means "powerful")
Old 18 Jan 2003, 00:23 (Ref:477858)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops. didnt' see the name the first time Jordi!
Old 18 Jan 2003, 01:54 (Ref:477900)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TEAM DON'T CRASH PAUL is not in a position to announce drivers or chassis, but we are happy to announce that we will be running Bridgestone tyres and be 'Powered by Ford'.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 03:21 (Ref:477919)   #8
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there somwhere to read about the Fantasy League rules and scoreing and things or can someone explain to me how to set up a team.

Thank You!
Old 18 Jan 2003, 04:20 (Ref:477936)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flatspot - yes, I missed it last year and would also like to read how it all works.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 05:35 (Ref:477943)   #10
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Tanalised has retained the services of Patrick Carpentier and is auditioning for a second driver now that former pilot Scott Dixon has disappeared for a season to run in circles.
More to come
Old 18 Jan 2003, 14:00 (Ref:478185)   #11
Minardi4eva
Rookie

Minardi4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi Project:CART

Well,thanks to our new stash of cash,we now can field a CART team in the fantasy league.-PS

We aren't in the mood to discuss drivers,but one of them is most likely to be *shudders* Alex Yoong.

Of course,we have Bridgestone tyres and Cosworth engines (Hey,our F1 team has Cosworths!) and we are signing Reynard to be our chassis.-PS

Our colors will be Green,Black,and Red, and our sponsors will be European Aviaton.-PS
Old 18 Jan 2003, 15:02 (Ref:478235)   #12
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, two of Crooks Motorsport's drivers are now EARLing, so there will be an all new driver line up for 2003, Who exactly we don't know as yet, but I think we will dump the high risk/different drivers, I think we will go for more mainstream drivers, with at least one driving for Team Players...thats all i can say for now.

Who am I again?
Head Dude

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 18 Jan 2003, 15:31 (Ref:478252)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SSR are working in its CART team for 2003.

Details will be released soon.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 16:28 (Ref:478280)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mon-Toyota Racing will need a new name and 2 new drivers. Contract negotiations are still underway, but rest assured that we'll be on the grid for St Pete's. Not sure how much it'll cost to fly to Russia though. -
Old 18 Jan 2003, 23:26 (Ref:478564)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DBR International will return for the 2003 CART/CWS season. Final preparations and negotiations are underway with several drivers and sponsors and announcements are expected in early February.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 00:17 (Ref:478612)   #16
Liz
Veteran

THE RULES

1. Each Team Principal must choose two pilots, one chassis, and a name for his or her team, and post it on the IndyCar Forum, ideally before the Champ Car season starts, but entries will be accepted all season. Each Team Principal may race only one team. Each team may name a Press Officer (spin-doctor) for the purpose of bragging, apologizing or making excuse, as circumstances warrant. The best Press Releases will be published, but all may be posted on the Forum at any time. Teams may also name a Primary Sponsor and Pit Babe (male or female). Other team officials may also be named but will not be listed on the Team's official Grid Certification.

2. Points will be awarded the same as in the Champ Car races themselves, which is for finishing first to twelfth and an extra point for Pole on each day points are awarded.

In addition:

1. One "hard charger" point will be awarded for each place made up on the grid from the position your pilot qualified in (as long as he finishes the race).

2. One point will be awarded to a team if both cars finish in the top five.

3. The first car to retire will lose one point

4. Two points will be lost if both cars or both pilots retire. Five points will be lost if the two cars on a team retire due to the pilots hitting each other.

5. Ten points will be awarded if your pilot wins the Championship.

Points for the current race and Standings to Date will be tabulated following each Champ Car race, and posted on the CWS forum.

AMENDMENT NO. 1

1. Teams will be allowed to name a third pilot if they wish, provided they can obtain funding.

2. However, if all three pilots finish the race, only the top two finishing pilots on a team will be counted for points in any race. That is, if your pilots finish first, third and fifth, the two finishing first and third will be counted. (This is a change from last season, when some confusion ensued as to what was precisely meant by "top two finishers.")

3. Should all three pilots on a team retire, seven points shall be deducted.

4. Should all three pilots on a Team finish on the podium, five points shall be awarded.

5. There shall be no extra allowance for handbags or headache potions for teams electing to run three pilots.

AMENDMENT NO. 2

1. Suggestions will be considered regarding whether or not to give points for Nations Cup finishes.

2. All Changes in Pilot and Chassis for each team must be completed by February 20, 2003. This will enable the Race Commissioner to get the spreadsheets finished before the season starts. Any teams added after the season begins will be permitted no changes in any points paying positions.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 00:41 (Ref:478635)   #17
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Liz! Looks like you'll have a full grid too. Expect my entry soon.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 01:08 (Ref:478645)   #18
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Sounds great Liz, I'll have my entry in soon.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 02:31 (Ref:478691)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
when do we have to have our teams entered by ????

I have no idea who is driving where and whats going on , maybe I should start doing the research.

Karma racing will be back in 2003
Old 19 Jan 2003, 03:20 (Ref:478710)   #20
Liz
Veteran

February 20th is the deadline I'd like to see, just for record keeping purposes, but entries will be accepted all season as they were last year. The advantage to signing up early is that you can make changes in your team til Feb. 20th in case someone signs on that you like better than the guy you chose originally. People who sign up after the season starts can't change their teams.

Anything y'all would like to add for this year in the way of rules or flourishes?
Old 19 Jan 2003, 06:25 (Ref:478752)   #21
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once a pilot is taken by a Fantasy team, can another team use his services in the Fantasy League also?
Old 19 Jan 2003, 07:00 (Ref:478757)   #22
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Cow Racing will once again be fielding two cars, hopefully three or possibly eight if the funding comes through in the 2003 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car world..you get the idea.... We are currently courting drivers Michael Schumacher and Colin McRae. Failing that, we'll likely just hire whoever has the best looking girlfriend so that they can stand around our pits, and hopefully get us on TV every now and then!

Expect an announcement, followed more announcements this week, and the following weeks.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 19 Jan 2003, 08:21 (Ref:478768)   #23
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trutel racing proudly presents the first german team in the fantasy league...
at the moment we´re in negotiations with different drivers and sponsors and soon a press conference will be held in ten-tenths-town...
Old 19 Jan 2003, 09:47 (Ref:478820)   #24
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
19 January 2003: Trutel Racing presents it´s team:

we are happy to confirm 2 of our drivers:
driver #1 :Bruno Junqueira will drive our Snickers sponsored car, he will team up with
driver 2# : Patrick Carpentier who is going to be behind the wheel in our Sprite sponsored car

catering will be provided by our main sponsors Snickers and Sprite

the decision has not been made for our "grid boy", we have differnet alternatives at the moment, one of them is alex yoong, who would pay for being our grid boy...in the case that we take him he will wear a t-shirt with a "kuala lumpur" logo...but we still have some other opportunities

Chassis will be Lola nd *surprise* our engine is going to be provided by ford!

furthermore we are still thinking about fielding a third car, but that is still top secret at the moment

Last edited by *formula3*; 19 Jan 2003 at 09:49.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 12:29 (Ref:478936)   #25
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Arrows S-Racing Tests Champ Car Drivers

SEBRING - January 19, 2003 - Newly formed Arrows S-Racing was today testing candidates for the two car team that will contest the 2003 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. Roberto Moreno drove 100 laps in a Reynard-Cosworth around the Sebring circuit. He was joined by Pedro de la Rosa and Jimmy Vasser.

Announced at a press conference in Brisbane last week, Arrows S-Racing is a collaboration between Australian entrapeneur, Scott Russell, and the remnants of the now defunct Formula One team, Arrows. Tom Walkinshaw has no involvement in project. ASRR will run a pair of Ford powered Reynards for two as yet un-decided drivers. A third car will be run if funding is available. Sponsorship dollars are expected to come from Ford Australia, XXXX and other Australia companies.

Team Principle Scott Russell said that "We have not yet decided who will drive for us, but we do have a shortlist of three or four drivers. Sadly who can bring the most sponsorship may have the final word."

Jean-Denis Deletraz, Taki Inoue, Gianni Laviaggi and Alex Yoong will be testing tomorrow. Initial selections for the squads lead grid girl will take place tomorrow.

Last edited by DNQ; 19 Jan 2003 at 12:33.