Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Feb 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3881242)   #251
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Is the live stream sound cutting in and out for anyone else?

It was when I was watching it earlier (NISMO TV). It went off for a few minutes near the end of FP5 and appeared to improve.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 23:30 (Ref:3881243)   #252
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Is the live stream sound cutting in and out for anyone else?
It's happening on youtube and the 12 hour website, the 12 hour team said they were trying to fix it in the youtube chat.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3881249)   #253
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm on a delay with the YouTube stream and catching the quali. I must say that the track and surroundings are looking fantastic as ever.

And the quality of the stream is great!!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 02:02 (Ref:3881250)   #254
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not bad for a street circuit, eh?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3881251)   #255
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Ha!

Its the best!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3881254)   #256
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to see the BMW Schnitzer and 888 Vodafone cars so far down the starting grid! Albeit only 0.5sec and 1sec off pole respectively. A very tight grid with only 1sec over 17 cars.

https://dpq6glm99k454.cloudfront.net...2H_STD_I_1.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
tbh, the GT3 stuff is confusing. The cars are getting faster and faster. The whole point in GT3 and the BoP system that it has is that it'd keep everyone at a level playing field, and that helps keeps costs under control. But the BoP has slowly raised the lap times too.

If there are safety concerns at Bathurst, then lets just BoP the cars down a little. Yeah nobody likes slower cars, but I'd rather have GT3 there than not, and it's not like we can argue BoP and GT3 don't go together.
They are getting faster at other "low safety grade" circuits like Nordschliefe as well. This is something for GT3 class management to address, but not really an issue for the Bathurst 12 race to sort out.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3881256)   #257
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
At what point might it be concluded that this track isn't suitable for modern GT3 cars?
It's suitable, they should just stop crashing that's all

I guess most of the cars have aluminium spaceframe front and rear ends with a central aluminium floorpan and then reinforced with a steel roll cage (apart from the carbon fibre tub McLaren and steel Porsche 911 & perhaps the steel Bentley, not sure).

Here's the Ferrari 488 spaceframe/chassis for example: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qHBQQq_vyos/maxresdefault.jpg

In theory, it should be possible to rebuild the front and rear ends, but it doesn't seem like it is.

Just part of the charm of being based on real cars, I guess.

I guess they are not necessarily designed with "bolt-on/bolt-off" tubular steel front and rear ends like some other racing tin-tops?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 03:09 (Ref:3881257)   #258
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Ain't no streets to be seen around Mt Panorama.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 03:21 (Ref:3881258)   #259
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Interesting to see the BMW Schnitzer and 888 Vodafone cars so far down the starting grid! Albeit only 0.5sec and 1sec off pole respectively. A very tight grid with only 1sec over 17 cars.

https://dpq6glm99k454.cloudfront.net...2H_STD_I_1.pdf
And the older model ADS Audi into 13th with Mr Russell's banzai lap...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Feb 2019, 04:48 (Ref:3881263)   #260
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!

But who was the bright spark who did the on track schedule?

1st race at sparrows on a saturday morning and nothing for 3 hours in the main part of Sat afternoon.

Surely the corporate and sponsor stuff could be on Friday or in the morning and have action in the afternoon.
I would be seriously ****ed if I paid my admission to sit there watching nothing

If they want people to turn up they have to cater to them
Old 2 Feb 2019, 06:09 (Ref:3881267)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

A pity the break out rule stuffed up their ultimate grid position..
Old 2 Feb 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3881269)   #262
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Farking hell, that lap by Jake Dennis.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3881271)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Farking hell, that lap by Jake Dennis.
The Aston Martin certainly has some pace in it!

Still consider a dark horse here is #912..
Old 2 Feb 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3881291)   #264
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Ah double boo. https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/ne...otout-results/
Old 2 Feb 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3881292)   #265
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Twins?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3881293)   #266
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Twins?
Twp peas in a pod personality wise.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3881294)   #267
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That’s a shame.. it was a mega lap!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3881300)   #268
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Two peas in a pod personality wise.
Agreed.

And that isn’t a compliment
Old 2 Feb 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3881301)   #269
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A list of who is taking the first (dark) stint in tomorrow race has been released.

#2 – Christopher Haase
#4 – Ben Barker
#6 – Cameron McConville
#9 – Dean Fiore
#11 – Warren Luff
#12 – Jaxon Evans
#13 – Brett Strom
#18 – Oliver Jarvis
#19 – Yelmer Buurman
#20 – Daniel Jilesen
#22 – Frederic Vervisch
#23 – Chris van der Drift
#27 – Nick Percat
#29 – Dean Canto
#34 – Nicky Catsburg
#35 – Katsumasa Chiyo
#42 – Chaz Mostert
#43 – Sam Fillmore
#48 – Justin McMillan
#50 – Tim Macrow
#51 – Pedro Lamy
#55 – Brad Schumacher
#62 – Marvin Kirchoefer
#71 – James Winslow
#75 – Thomas Jaeger
#77 – Luca Stolz
#91 – Paul Morris
#92 – Dylan O’Keeffe
#96 – Hadrian Morral
#98 – David Russell
#107 – Steven Kane
#108 – Vincent Abril
#760 – Mathew Parry
#777 – Luke Youlden
#888 – Shane van Gisbergen
#911 – Romain Dumas
#912 – Dirk Werner
#999 – Maximilian Buhk
Old 2 Feb 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3881304)   #270
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Agreed.

And that isn’t a compliment
In your opinion..
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3881368)   #271
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
rjoconnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After todays crash fest ,safety car dominated race why would anyone want to go next year.
Well, 30 or so minutes to start and this from last February is aging like a fine milk! :P
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3881369)   #272
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8mvqORr7yY

Stream is up.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3881370)   #273
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Can't wait. Big lunch with a good beer down. Best start in motor racing. Hopefully a clean first few laps...

Grid is clearing.
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3881371)   #274
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Lets go! Looking forward to the start!
Old 2 Feb 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3881372)   #275
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Geo blocked in Australia! Have to watch it on TV with ad breaks all the time.