Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Jan 2020, 00:49 (Ref:3953595)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sadly I'm saving the pennies for a trip to Greece and Italy this summer. And yes I'd rather spend the money on Sebring but it isn't my decision. A wedding is involved for my wife's friend. We are also taking our oldest son for some reason.
I'd rather go to Greece and Italy....
Old 26 Jan 2020, 01:30 (Ref:3953607)   #17
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Is that because you can get the international TV feed for free there?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 23:05 (Ref:3953928)   #18
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
What are the food outlets like? Are they open all the time and could you survive on them?
There are several on the midway that are open until very late and again re-open pretty early (just not sure if they're open 24 hours or not). There are also quite a few in the paddock. They're definitely edible, just not particularly healthy.

Why not grab an inexpensive cooler somewhere and hit up the grocery store? I tend to head to the store every morning (except for Saturday) and stock up on ice, extra beverages and food that is forgotten. Little tip for you, if you leave (getting out is no problem, just be sure to get a pass-out), when coming back don't go in through the main entrance where the big line is (it can take a really long time), go through the entrance just before that towards will call, there's a side entrance where they'll check your tickets and wave your car right in, never any line.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 04:04 (Ref:3953941)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sadly I'm saving the pennies for a trip to Greece and Italy this summer. And yes I'd rather spend the money on Sebring but it isn't my decision. A wedding is involved for my wife's friend. We are also taking our oldest son for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's on the pre-Petit agenda here, think Morgan is planning around Labor Day for Italy but I'm leaving that to her. I'm just trying to get the trip from Florence to Ferrari included in the trip, if I'm that close I might as well.

Sadly I think it cuts out another race trip worth it for Historics cars at Road America and the Shadowfest this summer.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3954003)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That's on the pre-Petit agenda here, think Morgan is planning around Labor Day for Italy but I'm leaving that to her. I'm just trying to get the trip from Florence to Ferrari included in the trip, if I'm that close I might as well.

Sadly I think it cuts out another race trip worth it for Historics cars at Road America and the Shadowfest this summer.
Nice! Minus missing shadows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Is that because you can get the international TV feed for free there?
Correct! That may end up being cheaper than actually paying for streaming services!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3954112)   #21
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going again this year, after enjoying my first trip in 2019.

I have to be back in the UK for Monday morning, which means catching a 1925 flight from Orlando on Saturday night, so I'll only see the first 4 hours of the 12 Hour. I will, however, be there from first thing Thursday so I'll get to see most of the practice sessions and the support races.

I found food options were great, though expensive. Toilets are terrible. Signage is almost non-existent. I kept looking for the famous raucous party zones but I just saw lots of blokes having a fun time. I slept in the car right by the legendary flagpole - lovely and quiet! Viewing is excellent. Photo angles are many, apart from at T17 which seemed to be all sponsor areas.

2019 was hot, humid and wet. Not that much fun weather wise. I'm hoping for weather more like Daytona this weekend.

Sebring still won't post tickets outside the USA, which is a bit...20th century. Will Call is literally someone going through a pile of envelopes to find the one with your name on it. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.

It's a great event, unlike anything else I've been to. The griminess and rough edges are part of what makes it fun. There's no track like it, no event like it.

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 27 Jan 2020 at 22:29.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3954122)   #22
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I'm going again this year, after enjoying my first trip in 2019.

I have to be back in the UK for Monday morning, which means catching a 1925 flight from Orlando on Saturday night, so I'll only see the first 4 hours of the 12 Hour. I will, however, be there from first thing Thursday so I'll get to see most of the practice sessions and the support races.

I found food options were great, though expensive. Toilets are terrible. Signage is almost non-existent. I kept looking for the famous raucous party zones but I just saw lots of blokes having a fun time. I slept in the car right by the legendary flagpole - lovely and quiet! Viewing is excellent. Photo angles are many, apart from at T17 which seemed to be all sponsor areas.

2019 was hot, humid and wet. Not that much fun weather wise. I'm hoping for weather more like Daytona this weekend.

Sebring still won't post tickets outside the USA, which is a bit...20th century. Will Call is literally someone going through a pile of envelopes to find the one with your name on it. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.

It's a great event, unlike anything else I've been to. The griminess and rough edges are part of what makes it fun. There's no track like it, no event like it.
You're welcome to meet up with our crew on Thursday or Friday night if you want to experience the party situation. We've got a group of about 25 and we tend to hit all the known spots. If you're only there for that short period you need to make the most of it!
Old 28 Jan 2020, 08:22 (Ref:3954149)   #23
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
You're welcome to meet up with our crew on Thursday or Friday night if you want to experience the party situation. We've got a group of about 25 and we tend to hit all the known spots. If you're only there for that short period you need to make the most of it!
Thatís very kind, thank you. Iím just there to take photos though - that doesnít mix well with beer!

My comment was less an expression of regret at not finding a party, more of a reassurance to newbies that this is a perfectly easy-going event, not the wild Spring Break carnage you might expect from reading the more excitable reviews.