Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3912569)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Behavioural Crowd Officers

Will Supercars follow the AFL, and introduce behavioural crowd officers at Supercar events.

I just see it now, Barry has been going to the V8’s for many years, and wears his beloved Tru-blu #17 t-shirt along with his signed Craig Lowndes 000 Ford cap to every round, and his loving this year with the DJR Penske domination.

Barry also refers to some of the Holden supporters during the event as people that like to attend the Mardi Gras in Sydney.
Not to mention during the event he refers to some of the officials in race control using non politically correct terminology.

Does this mean that the behavioural crowd controller can remove Barry?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3912575)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
LOL - Barry & his buddies could end up having an entertaining discussion with the Behavioural Crowd Officers - only to get more entertaining when the Mardi Gras attenders contributed to the discussion.

There'd need to be a lot more security on hand at Supercar events for this to happen in the way it's happening in AFL at the Melbourne stadiums - tbh the whole way it's been done and happening in Melbourne sounds like a cluster fidget of massive proportions.

However, Supercar events had to deal with significant crowd behaviour issues at Bathurst in particular (top of mountain) back in the day and the problem behaviour was eradicated or reduced to almost nothing many years ago - that was all happening before Docklands stadium was completed and in use.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3912579)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Crowds are pretty well behaved at Supercars from my experience. It’s like they act better in person when they can be held instantly accountable for their behaviour by those around them as opposed to hiding behind an alias on a forum or Speedcafe chat...weird that..

The AFL have really gone overboard and alienated their fan base with these latest moves by security.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:48 (Ref:3912581)   #4
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never really felt an issue at a Supercars round. Can't say the same about Canterbury Bulldogs games
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3912582)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never had any sort of drama at racing.

AFL fans are feral, especially Collingwood. I dunno how many times, in front of children, I had someone wanting to fight me.

I was at the Anzac Day one year, where Collingwood lost the game by 1 point after conceding 3 goals in a minute, and I was not sure at one point whether I would get out of that game alive.

Kinda funny that the first guy who hit the papers complaining about this turns out to be a serial ****wit, with a racist profanity and violence littered feed, but he "didn't do anything"

Suuuuuuuuuuure
Old 18 Jun 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3912585)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you've been thrown out of a sporting event because you can't control your own behaviour, then you probably shouldn't have been allowed in at all.

Play dumb games, win dumb prizes...
Old 18 Jun 2019, 00:40 (Ref:3912587)   #7
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercars events = easily most behaved crowd of any sport event I've been to bar Australian Open. Doesn't really fit the "bogan" stereotype...
Old 18 Jun 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3912593)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Never had any sort of drama at racing.

AFL fans are feral, especially Collingwood. I dunno how many times, in front of children, I had someone wanting to fight me.

I was at the Anzac Day one year, where Collingwood lost the game by 1 point after conceding 3 goals in a minute, and I was not sure at one point whether I would get out of that game alive.

If I was at a Collingwood match I’d be aiming to get out alive and not have my car broken into after the game.

Supercars fans are pretty tame trackside. There’s usually a bit of banter (which can be good for some laughs) and the odd bit out of outrage over a penalty but nothing compared to what you’d see at the footy.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3912644)   #9
Lukin
Racer

Australia
Perth
Lukin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One way to pump up crowd figures
Old 18 Jun 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3912652)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall always remember the jeer from the red stand behind us as we pushed Ambrose's car backwards into the pit lane!

But yes, it was good natured. Just very loud.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 23:44 (Ref:3912764)   #11
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine them at this event (1999) - brief - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUim0JzTJ7A

Full movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nruprm72chI

we were there in 2000, the year after this was made and it was exactly the same - imagine these security guards here hahahahaha
Old 19 Jun 2019, 00:34 (Ref:3912767)   #12
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A home made sign making fun of Roland Dane was on display all weekend at Winton.

Encouraging to see they weren't made to take it down.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 00:44 (Ref:3912768)   #13
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
However, Supercar events had to deal with significant crowd behaviour issues at Bathurst in particular (top of mountain) back in the day and the problem behaviour was eradicated or reduced to almost nothing many years ago...
I remember the first time the family and I went to the Mountain back in '04 for Peter Brock's last hit at Bathurst, the first thing we were told was "Don't go up the top unless you're crazy or want to get hurt." The stories we saw and heard were pretty shocking to a retaliative young family. (the furniture fires, constant drinking and fights alongside constant hooning with practically junked cars. There was a person who sadly died from gas asphyxia after he drunkenly went to sleep in the back of camper ute, not knowing his gas bottle was leaking) Ever since then there has been a number of state and federal police on constant riot patrol. (recently they've had water cannons at their disposal) Usually the cops around are actually decent people who are up for a bit of a chat and some harmless banter. (One year I chatted to a police officer who was also a skilled guitar player so gave him some custom guitar picks I had in my wallet. He was pretty overjoyed about them as he was a fan of the movie Dredd and the picks had the movie logo on them)
Old 24 Jun 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3913975)   #14
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Imagine them at this event (1999) - brief - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUim0JzTJ7A

we were there in 2000, the year after this was made and it was exactly the same - imagine these security guards here hahahahaha
Classy event!
Old 25 Jun 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3914031)   #15
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame they ruin the bogan’s weekend out by running a car race on the Sunday!

This event proudly sponsored by Centrelink, XXXX, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 04:57 (Ref:3914049)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
This event proudly sponsored by Centrelink, XXXX, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.
The bogans can't afford Jack or JB, surely it has to be sponsored by Woodstock bourbon.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3914197)   #17
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never saw the issue with the top of the mountain at the 1000, it was what it was, you knew about it before you went up there, and when you did you found out it wasn't that bad......they eradicated half the fun up there anyway when they sealed the roads up top

It was kindergarten compared to the bikes at Easter anyway, that was something that needed to be looked, although the actions to control it killed the event....