Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Jan 2000, 13:43 (Ref:6464)   #1
Grant
Rookie

Grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Monte Carlo rally only a week away is anyone brave enough to stick their neck out and predict the outcome?? Get your opionions in now and we'll have a look after the rally and see who was closest.

Personally I'll break with tradition and not forecast a McRae win but rather season opener win for Makinen, followed up by Gronholm and either Auriol or Garemeister in the SEAT's.
Old 10 Jan 2000, 23:57 (Ref:6465)   #2
Corollaman
Rookie

Corollaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's going to be a Peugeot win, so I'll take Delacour, followed by Makkinen and Burns. I'll guess that McRae, Auriol, and Gronholm will also score points.
Old 11 Jan 2000, 01:28 (Ref:6466)   #3
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Auriol
2. Makinen
3. Delacour
4. Gronholm
5. Sainz
6. McRae
Old 11 Jan 2000, 08:02 (Ref:6467)   #4
Greencroft
Rookie

Greencroft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Corollaman in thinking the Peugeots are going to be very strong, both on this event and in this season generally. Given his past record, Delecour, must be favourite although remember Panizzi's pace in a private Impreza last year. Makinen is always there or thereabouts. People seem to think the Seats will do well but Auriol hasn't been too positive about the car in testing and they're on Pirelli's which haven't been on the WRC tarmac pace for a while. Ford remain the difficult one to predict. If they finish, either driver could be right up there. Sainz always goes well but McRae, who has regularly been v quick there, I don't think has ever finished v well. Subaru are also difficult to fathom - neither driver has much of a record on Monte and they are on the Pirellis. I think Burns should still be the quicker of the two but doubt he will be up with Peugeot, Makinen and Ford. Finally, how about Loix for a shock result? He has the car, more experience, has done loads of testing over the close season and has gone really well on the Monte in the past.

Wishy washy predictions, but this season should be the most open for years.