Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Jun 2002, 13:07 (Ref:321240)   #1
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goodwood FoS

OK, I thought I'd get in early!

Who's going this year?

How about meeting up?
Old 25 Jun 2002, 16:27 (Ref:321356)   #2
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
International Man of Mystery
Gonfra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep Good idea ! Where will you be ?? (sniggers)
Old 26 Jun 2002, 09:01 (Ref:321879)   #3
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tw@t!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 10:57 (Ref:321976)   #4
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
The response to Gonfra may seem harsh until you realise that he works on BARC Rescue and that I'm the co-ordinator!

So I already know that he'll be there and exactly what he'll be doing! (Washing the 2 Rescue Units!!)
Old 26 Jun 2002, 11:05 (Ref:321989)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
hmmm I think you should make him doughnut boy
Old 26 Jun 2002, 11:22 (Ref:321996)   #6
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
He already looks like the Pilsbury Doughboy!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:14 (Ref:322033)   #7
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
Oi!! Less of the Doughnut Boy. I am to rescue what George Foreman is to grilling...A lean mean rescue machine!!(sniggers).Seriously it would be nice if any other Ten Tenths members popped across to say Hi and possibly brought the doughnuts with them.I'll be the one that looks slightly slimmer than Teletubby!!!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:21 (Ref:322039)   #8
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
'Not!'
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:32 (Ref:322052)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Sorry but I can't be fraternising with rescue crews - I don't want to get a reputation
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:44 (Ref:322062)   #10
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
What do you mean when you say that you 'don't want to get a reputation', methinks its a bit late to worry about that!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:46 (Ref:322067)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well I will be there of course but at the moment it looks like only Saturday and Sunday. Dunno where I will be yet as the jolly old details haven't arrived. Needless to say they will probably arrive while I'm at the GP!

Tele old chap, is your bright red monster machine going to be at the GP this year?
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:47 (Ref:322068)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea what His Lordship has as the special theme this year? The first person who says racing cars gets a belt in the gob!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:01 (Ref:322083)   #13
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Not going to the GP this year, got to wash my hair!

This is lifted straight from the Goodwood website:

Goodwood gathers the Greats for tenth Festival

17/5/2002

The paddocks will be buzzing with the great names of motor racing at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 12,13 & 14, a best ever collection of Formula One cars illustrating decades of heroic drives from the sport’s Hall of Fame.

In a tribute to the illustrious team owner Ken Tyrrell, Sir Jackie Stewart will be back behind the wheel of a Tyrrell Grand Prix car, demonstrating his legendary skills on the Goodwood hill on Sunday July 14th. This is a unique opportunity for race fans to see the famous tartan helmet back in the cockpit of a Grand Prix Tyrrell.

Also in a Tyrrell will be the hugely popular Grand Prix driver Jean Alesi, coming to the Festival of Speed to honour Ken Tyrrell, the man who gave Alesi his break into Formula One nearly two decades ago.

The Formula One line-up also features Allan McNish in the current Toyota, with which he has contested this year’s World Championship with such encouraging results for a brand new team.

Celebrating the 25th anniversary of Williams Grand Prix Engineering (latterly changed to BMW Williams F1) will be Australian World Champion Alan Jones, the ever-popular Italian Riccardo Patrese and the Swiss hero Clay Regazzoni who drove for Frank Williams in the 1970s before his legendary career with Ferrari. ‘Regga’ will not be driving a Williams at Goodwood but will be out on the track in a specially converted sports car with hand controls as the Swiss was paralysed in an accident at Long Beach in 1980.

Young British star Jenson Button will lead an impressive Renault entry which includes the early turbo cars which brought the French manufacturer back into the spotlight. Button will drive this year’s Formula One car while Rene Arnoux and Patrick Tambay will handle the big yellow Renault RS01 – the first ever turbo F1 car and the more successful Renault RE10 that followed it. The French engines will also be seen and heard in both the Williams and Lotus celebrations, from the early turbocharged V6s to the latest V10s. In all, around 20 Renault-powered F1 cars will be at the Festival, illustrating the entire history of the genre.

Look out, too, for Stirling Moss in his Mille-Miglia-winning Mercedes-Benz 300SLR, John Surtees in the sensational Honda RA 300, Phil Hill in one or two of the great Ferrari sports cars that helped forge his career from West Coast racer to world sports car hero and World Formula One Champion, Jack Brabham in a Brabham Repco, Emerson Fittipaldi in his newly restored World-Championship winning JPS Lotus 72, and Satoru Nakajima in a wonderful Lotus-Honda 100T, brought to Goodwood all the way from Japan.

“Our theme for 2002 is On the Limit – A History of Heroes,” says the Earl of March, founder of the Festival of Speed,” and the cars and drivers this year each tell their own story of heroism and competing on the limit. Our Formula One line-up is exceptional this year and I think this should be a real treat for those who appreciate the history of the sport.”
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:03 (Ref:322085)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Teletubby
What do you mean when you say that you 'don't want to get a reputation', methinks its a bit late to worry about that!
Um excuse ME! Quiet shy retiring young ladies like myself have to be careful about who they are associated with!

The very suggestion that I have a reputation

*sniff*

Actually I won't be there anyway Wish I could!

Oh and Stephen - may I be the first to say:

RACING CARS!!!!!!!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 26 Jun 2002 at 13:07.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:22 (Ref:322100)   #15
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Errr, EP, have you inadvertantly posted a description of somebody else?

Last edited by Teletubby; 26 Jun 2002 at 13:23.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:36 (Ref:322109)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Old 26 Jun 2002, 14:33 (Ref:322146)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately I'll not be able to make it this year as I'll be up at Croft. Shame the two clashed
Old 26 Jun 2002, 15:23 (Ref:322213)   #18
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Having just spoken to Karen at BARC, the finals should be in the post as we speak...
Old 27 Jun 2002, 15:15 (Ref:322911)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
So we should get the tickets before we go to Silverstone?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 11:57 (Ref:323511)   #20
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Mine arrived this morning!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:09 (Ref:323520)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Oh goodie, I'll check the post this evening.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 14:23 (Ref:323643)   #22
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
Mine arrived today as well....Mr Green you appear to be at post 8....10am start on the Friday which is earlier than usual I think ? Apart from that it's much the same as in previous years.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 14:32 (Ref:323652)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Nope, wrong Mr Green. I'm at Copse Inside (Post 2) Incident Officer. See you at Saturday nights party?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 14:34 (Ref:323654)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Oppps getting confused with the GP....Post 8 is half way up the 'wall' isn't it?

Sorry to have made such a blundering error! Must be old age and lack of sleep recently. Got a feeling that's the post I've done for the past few years with Alec Knivett. Guess I haven't been made post chief yet
Old 28 Jun 2002, 14:41 (Ref:323662)   #25
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
Surprise, Surprise, it appears you have !!