Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Jan 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3607470)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NOT nascar BIG 3 - Late Model / Modified Thread

Dirt or paved. I don't care. I need something other that NASCAR to watch this year but need your help. K&N East / West series and ARCA deserve their own thread but....

World of Outlaws - Dirt
Modified (I guess that's technically still NASCAR) - Dirt and Paved
Anyone have a kickass regional series I can follow?
Is there still a Hooters ProCup Series?
Powder Puff?

Anything. I want to check it out.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3607483)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, July 16th, Dixie Speedway! USCS Winged Outlaw Sprint Cars! You'll pay for the whole seat, but only need the edge! PLUS, the full late model schedule!
Old 23 Jan 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3607497)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, July 16th, Dixie Speedway! USCS Winged Outlaw Sprint Cars! You'll pay for the whole seat, but only need the edge! PLUS, the full late model schedule!
This is half on topic. Please see other thread in the open wheel forum

And I may be outta for this

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 23 Jan 2016 at 23:32.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3607534)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Noticed Donny Schatz has been racing in Oz over January with his sprintcar...
Old 24 Jan 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3607647)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So here we go:

http://lucasdirt.com/schedule

Now that's what's I call a full schedule! Starts at Golden Isle Speedway in Brunswick Ga.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3607648)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Noticed Donny Schatz has been racing in Oz over January with his sprintcar...
So check in on the American Open Wheel thread in the Indycar forum. That is name that I still recognize. Don't they race the "wrong" direction in Oz?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 01:19 (Ref:3607776)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think they run the same direction in Sprintcars. What about WoOutlaws Late Model Series, is that similar to the Lucs Oils Series?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 01:51 (Ref:3607779)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So here we go:

http://lucasdirt.com/schedule

Now that's what's I call a full schedule! Starts at Golden Isle Speedway in Brunswick Ga.
Unfortunately, Brunswick is a 5 hour ride from here but they go to Dixie, Rome and Ringold too.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3607790)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Unfortunately, Brunswick is a 5 hour ride from here but they go to Dixie, Rome and Ringold too.
Yeah, Brunswick is a haul but it'll be "your temperature".

Dixie and Rome are the same weekend as PLM and I am not sure how "safe" Ringold Speedway is.

Speaking of a going to a fight and seeing a race break out, let's go to Winder-Barrow sometime this year.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3609099)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ik like dirt late models and sprint cars but unfortunately it's difficult to get coverage here in Europe.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3610769)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Ik like dirt late models and sprint cars but unfortunately it's difficult to get coverage here in Europe.
It's difficult to get coverage here. At least one can easily avoid the results enough to find someplace to watch. Regardless, that's what this is about; I want to learn more and follow more so maybe I can find something (or others can) where we can watch and follow.

I shall no longer sit around and watch the racing television tells me I should. I shall seek out what I want to see.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3614314)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
40th annual Winternationals at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa area continues this weekend (been going on since Feb 8) for the Lucas Oil Dirt Series. Missed the Golden Isles

Assuming this is the rebroadcast:
http://lucasdirt.com/schedule/tv-schedule

After the Winternationals, there'll be a bit of a break until Mid March.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 02:33 (Ref:3615878)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Lucas Oil Series winners so far this year:
Jonathan Davenport and Josh Richards have 4 each
Scott Bloomquest and Mason Ziegler have 1 each

http://lucasdirt.com/standings/2016-championship-points
Davenport somehow has 1120 points already and is the championship leader
Old 16 Mar 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3623316)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We need to include these guys; Whelen Modifieds

(Southern Schedule)
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWSMT

Full Schedule:
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWMT

One Southern Event already run, in NC. There's another this weekend in Concord NC.

Icebreaker at Thompson Speedway in CT April 10th.

If you've never seen modifieds before, you need to check them out!

Defending and 3 time series Champ, Doug Coby:

Old 16 Mar 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3623318)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Lucas oil series points:

POSCAR#DRIVERPOINTS
16Jonathan Davenport1120
2B5Brandon Sheppard1030
339Tim McCreadie995
30Scott Bloomquist995
5777Jared Landers980
615LDarrell Lanigan965
728eDennis Erb, Jr.925
728Eddie Carrier, Jr.925
95Don O'Neal860
1020Jimmy Owens820

Davenport, Sheppard, Bloomquist, Josh Richards and Mason Ziegler race winners thus far after 10 pts races.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3623356)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Currently I am watching the 2015/2016 World Series Sprintcars (Australia). Great series.

Quote:
We need to include these guys; Whelen Modifieds

(Southern Schedule)
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWSMT

Full Schedule:
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWMT

One Southern Event already run, in NC. There's another this weekend in Concord NC.

Icebreaker at Thompson Speedway in CT April 10th.

If you've never seen modifieds before, you need to check them out!

Defending and 3 time series Champ, Doug Coby:

Nah mofifieds on asphalt are not really my cup of tea. Years ago I watched a tv series which followed several drivers at Bowman Gray. Fun to watch.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3623364)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
C
Nah mofifieds on asphalt are not really my cup of tea. Years ago I watched a tv series which followed several drivers at Bowman Gray. Fun to watch.
They do dirt as well
http://www.superdirtcarseries.com/sc.../2016-schedule
And are Big Blocks, too!

Speedvision used to show the races at the NY State Fairgrounds. Such a cool, throw back event:
http://www.superdirtweekonline.com/
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3623367)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Currently I am watching the 2015/2016 World Series Sprintcars (Australia). Great series.

Madhouse was a horrible representation of the sport.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3623370)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
They do dirt as well
http://www.superdirtcarseries.com/sc.../2016-schedule
And are Big Blocks, too!

Speedvision used to show the races at the NY State Fairgrounds. Such a cool, throw back event:
http://www.superdirtweekonline.com/
I like modifieds on dirt and watch regular USMTS on Youtube.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3623371)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Madhouse was a horrible representation of the sport.
But still fun to watch.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3623380)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Bowman Gray is on my bucket list. Not for a Winston-Salem State Div II football game, even though that would be cool. One of the few "in town" tracks remaining, I think.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 21:46 (Ref:3623451)   #22
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bowman Gray is on my bucket list. Not for a Winston-Salem State Div II football game, even though that would be cool. One of the few "in town" tracks remaining, I think.
I saw an old Grand National Division (now Sprint Cup) race there, YEARS ago. It was a fun track and it is one that REALLY show who the talented drivers are. You'll love the place in person!
Old 17 Mar 2016, 02:57 (Ref:3623493)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I saw an old Grand National Division (now Sprint Cup) race there, YEARS ago. It was a fun track and it is one that REALLY show who the talented drivers are. You'll love the place in person!
That's awesome you saw a GN race there. Was the King or the Silver Fox the winner?
Old 17 Mar 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3623500)   #24
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Bowman Gray fans and how they behave are completely and utterly deplorable. Just watch any video on Youtube that involves a driver to driver fight or any on-track excursion and you'll quickly realize just what I mean.

As for me, the Local racing season is JUST around the corner! I can hardly contain my anticipation for warm temperatures and the fumes of expended race fuel! Winters up here in Massachusetts seem to last longer and longer to me each and every year, the wait is truly awful.

My local raceway, Lee USA Speedway in Lee, NH, will be holding their season opening event on the 9th and 10th of April.....The Governors Cup 150 for the American Canadian Tour Late Models. A Short video I made about the event back in 2011 (One of the rare occasions when it was a relatively warm day). Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyF0nIVdu9k Now mind you, I was far younger and far more inexperienced back then, so pardon the excessive jittery-ness of some of the footage.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 17 Mar 2016 at 04:18.
Old 17 Mar 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3623530)   #25
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's awesome you saw a GN race there. Was the King or the Silver Fox the winner?
The King won that one. It was in 1967. That was one of his 27 wins for that season.