Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Mar 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4103803)   #126
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thiim isn´t released from Aston Martin. He received clearance for the DTM.
Now confirmed:
https://gt-place.com/2022/03/22/dtm-...t3-motorsport/
Old 22 Mar 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4103804)   #127
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing Thiim in sprint format. Big acknowledgement from AMR that they just don't have the PRO orientated programmes to keep him busy.

So we have the 29 cars on the board, now just down to who AF Corse / Red Bull are going to call on for those Ferrari's
Old 22 Mar 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4103805)   #128
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, the official announcement clarified this. The previous rumours suggested he might be released from the contract.

Anyway, we have almost full grid confirmed. Looks like 29 drivers on the grid full-time, it's been years since the DTM had such a number of entries. A lot of big names, which I'm extremely happy with. Should be a fantastic season.

CONFIRMED
Abt - Audi - K. van der Linde
Abt - Audi - R. Rast
Abt - Audi - R. Feller
GruppeM Racing - Mercedes - M. Engel
GruppeM Racing - Mercedes - M. Grenier
HRT - Mercedes - L. Stolz
HRT - Mercedes - A. Maini
Rosberg - Audi - N. Müller
Rosberg - Audi - D. Gore
Grasser - Lamborghini - C. Schmid
Grasser - Lamborghini - M. Bortolotti
Grasser - Lamborghini - R. Ineichen
Grasser - Lamborghini - A. Deledda
AF Corse - Ferrari - ??
AF Corse - Ferrari - ??
SSR - Porsche - L. Vanthoor
SSR - Porsche - D. Olsen
Team 75 Bernhard - Porsche - T. Preining
WINWARD - Mercedes - M. Götz
WINWARD - Mercedes - L. Auer
WINWARD - Mercedes - D. Schumacher
Attempto - Audi - M. Zug
Mucke - Mercedes - M. Buhk
Walkenhorst - BMW - M. Wittmann
Walkenhorst - BMW - E. Muth
Schubert - BMW - S. van der Linde
Schubert - BMW - P. Engel
T3 - Lamborghini - E. Hawkey
T3 - Lamborghini - N. Thiim

Just AF Corse drivers to be confirmed.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4103839)   #129
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yep, the official announcement clarified this. The previous rumours suggested he might be released from the contract.

Anyway, we have almost full grid confirmed. Looks like 29 drivers on the grid full-time, it's been years since the DTM had such a number of entries. A lot of big names, which I'm extremely happy with. Should be a fantastic season.

CONFIRMED
Abt - Audi - R. Rast
Abt - Audi - R. Feller
Rosberg - Audi - D. Gore
AF Corse - Ferrari - ??
AF Corse - Ferrari - ??
SSR - Porsche - D. Olsen
Attempto - Audi - M. Zug

Just AF Corse drivers to be confirmed.
Only thing missing is a couple of Astons and Mclarens, but we cant win them all
Old 23 Mar 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4103956)   #130
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cassidy and Fraga confirmed at AF Corse. But Cassidy will miss the races in Portimao and at the Norisring. Maybe in Spa aswell.
https://gt-place.com/2022/03/23/dtm-...gebot-bekannt/
Old 23 Mar 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4103964)   #131
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't think AF Corse/Red Bull will go for Cassidy given the calendar clashes but I'm happy he'll be there even if not in a full-time capacity. Wonder who can be his sub.

Anyway, this means the grid is now (almost) settled. I can't wait for the season to be honest.

CONFIRMED
Abt - Audi - R. Rast
Abt - Audi - R. Feller
Rosberg - Audi - D. Gore
AF Corse - Ferrari - F. Fraga
AF Corse - Ferrari - N. Cassidy/??
SSR - Porsche - D. Olsen
Attempto - Audi - M. Zug
Old 24 Mar 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4104128)   #132
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Didn't think AF Corse/Red Bull will go for Cassidy given the calendar clashes but I'm happy he'll be there even if not in a full-time capacity. Wonder who can be his sub.

Anyway, this means the grid is now (almost) settled. I can't wait for the season to be honest.

CONFIRMED
Abt - Audi - R. Rast
Abt - Audi - R. Feller
Rosberg - Audi - D. Gore
AF Corse - Ferrari - F. Fraga
AF Corse - Ferrari - N. Cassidy/??
SSR - Porsche - D. Olsen
Attempto - Audi - M. Zug
Seems like it'd be smart to have a Factory Ferrari guy jump in to sub for Cassidy, but not sure which series clash with those particular dates
Old 24 Mar 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4104131)   #133
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Seems like it'd be smart to have a Factory Ferrari guy jump in to sub for Cassidy, but not sure which series clash with those particular dates

ferrari will NEVER give one of his work drivers to redbull
Old 24 Mar 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4104137)   #134
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Ron Reichert from AF Corse confirmed aswell, that no worksdriver will drive the car at the clashes.
Old 24 Mar 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4104139)   #135
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Ron Reichert from AF Corse confirmed aswell, that no worksdriver will drive the car at the clashes.

it's not about a matter of clashes... there are a lot of reasons actually...
first of all people needs to understand that:
AF Corse = Ferrari only in WEC or recent past GTWCE seasons, where AF Corse works/worked as ferrari factory/official team. Aside from that, AF Corse has its own racing business, completely unrelated to ferrari plans.
If I had some mln of €, I could make my "canaglia sport" racing team, buy a couple of 488 gt3 and hire AF Corse to manage and run my cars, but that's would be a 100% full private effort without any ferrari involvment.
That's basically what redbull is doing.
To think that ferrari could directly and officially support a redbull racing program is science fiction! It's not even about fierce competition... ferrari and redbull simply hate each other .
Along mercedes, redbull was the team that openly accused ferrari to have an illegal engine during last part of 2019 f1 season, which leaded to a FIA involvment that ended in a non-disclosure agreement with ferrari that basically forced them to use a heavy underpowered engine for 2020 season and to writeoff and redesign from scratch the new ERS system ferrari was developing, which in its definitive form debuted only late on 2021 season.
Ferrari can't prevent his customers from working with "hostile" firms but to see a ferrari work driver in a redbull car is... don't know, like to see will power running for andretti in indycar.
Old 4 Apr 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4105277)   #136
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loeb had just been confirmed in the AF Corse car as Cassidy's replacement for the rounds he will miss.

This season will be mega from any point of view

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb7F78GM..._web_copy_link
Old 4 Apr 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4105292)   #137
Matt K
Veteran

That's quite an extraordinary sub but will be quite exciting to see Seb in DTM!
Old 4 Apr 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4105298)   #138
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba View Post
Loeb had just been confirmed in the AF Corse car as Cassidy's replacement for the rounds he will miss.

This season will be mega from any point of view

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb7F78GM..._web_copy_link
Only confirmed for Portimao for now, but potential to run at Norisring too, and Cassidy may also be out for Spa too
Old 1 May 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4108572)   #139
Matt K
Veteran

Anyone watched the races?

Quite good racing in both of the races, the SC phase definitely reinvigorated the first one, while the second was very interesting in its first half.
Anyway, good to see many teams, drivers in the mix and all manufacturers. As expected, Bortolotti already looks like a potential title candidate, AF Corse won't miss Lawson as Fraga seems very quick too. And I'm very very happy for Muller as he's finally back in the winning ways. Hopefully that's a form he can keep for the rest of the season. It's obvious that the consistency will be key this season with so many strong drivers.

A bit disappointing debut of BMW M4, Wittmann looked quite racey today but other than that not particularly great results, quite disappointed for Muth. Last year in a T3 Lambo he looked impressive whereas this weekend probably the worst of all BMW drivers. And Rast leaving Portimao empty-handed is also quite untypical but I guess he's going to fight an uphill battle this year but he'll get there in the end I think. Although might be too late for fourth title.

As for the trackside things, disappointing to see empty grandstands - IMO DTM should focus on racing closer to Germany and perhaps more in Germany as this is where the biggest fanbase is. Places like Spa or Red Bull Ring should be ok, curious what the attendance will look like in Italy. But Portimao, as much as it's a nice track with beautiful views, I don't think it was really worth it for DTM to go there - and definitely not for a season opener, which should be all about big crowds etc.

And the transmission looked a lot better than last year, more sophisticated in some graphics etc, however, a total lack of onboard footage in R1 was disappointing and the cameras seemed a bit confused during R1. It was better today, however, the timing didn't look good today.
Old 2 May 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4108665)   #140
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone watched the races?

Quite good racing in both of the races, the SC phase definitely reinvigorated the first one, while the second was very interesting in its first half.
Anyway, good to see many teams, drivers in the mix and all manufacturers. As expected, Bortolotti already looks like a potential title candidate, AF Corse won't miss Lawson as Fraga seems very quick too. And I'm very very happy for Muller as he's finally back in the winning ways. Hopefully that's a form he can keep for the rest of the season. It's obvious that the consistency will be key this season with so many strong drivers.

A bit disappointing debut of BMW M4, Wittmann looked quite racey today but other than that not particularly great results, quite disappointed for Muth. Last year in a T3 Lambo he looked impressive whereas this weekend probably the worst of all BMW drivers. And Rast leaving Portimao empty-handed is also quite untypical but I guess he's going to fight an uphill battle this year but he'll get there in the end I think. Although might be too late for fourth title.

As for the trackside things, disappointing to see empty grandstands - IMO DTM should focus on racing closer to Germany and perhaps more in Germany as this is where the biggest fanbase is. Places like Spa or Red Bull Ring should be ok, curious what the attendance will look like in Italy. But Portimao, as much as it's a nice track with beautiful views, I don't think it was really worth it for DTM to go there - and definitely not for a season opener, which should be all about big crowds etc.

And the transmission looked a lot better than last year, more sophisticated in some graphics etc, however, a total lack of onboard footage in R1 was disappointing and the cameras seemed a bit confused during R1. It was better today, however, the timing didn't look good today.
I’ve raced at portimao myself and it’s one of the best circuits in the world but I’m not surprised to hear the crowd was quite thin, it’s up in the middle of no where and even the wider area has quite a low population as well
Old 21 May 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4110784)   #141
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So many cars end up retiring once they lose hope of scoring points, i get it but it kinda sucks. 29 started & 19 finished

Last edited by tux; 21 May 2022 at 12:29.
Old 21 May 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4110790)   #142
Matt K
Veteran

Yeah, that seemed a bit annoying and strange. Shame Thomas Preining had to retire as well - he was on his way for a Top 10 finish. The likes of Wittmann and Müller could actually challenge for points so shame they retired. Bit astonishing the level of attrition.

I'm surprised about BMW's relative lack of pace. Sheldon was in a class of his own but the rest not so much. For now it seems Auer and Bortolotti are one of the most solid drivers in terms of scoring points and performance.
Old 21 May 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4110819)   #143
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So many cars end up retiring once they lose hope of scoring points, i get it but it kinda sucks. 29 started & 19 finished

dtm has always been like that as far I remember
Old 22 May 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4110916)   #144
Matt K
Veteran

Great race today, really enjoyable to watch. Amazing job by Sheldon, looks like he might have a crack for a title this year, nice driving from Engel too. And good to see Rast back on the podium, hopefully this is just the beginning of better days.
But the championship will be all about consistency, apart from Sheldon, Bortolotti and Auer look very strong in this regard.
Old 22 May 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4110941)   #145
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed todays race - some good battles SVL in a class of his own again!
He and Marciello are probably the best two GT3 drivers around at the moment - helped that the M4 has received a good BOP but even so, he still has to drive it!
Old 31 May 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4112228)   #146
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

Some drivers gamble, and save another set of tyres for the next race (when there is nothing to win anymore).

Maybe this part of the regulations should be reviewed - its made to have more strategy in, but it doesnt work out.
Old 31 May 2022, 14:00 (Ref:4112233)   #147
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
Some drivers gamble, and save another set of tyres for the next race (when there is nothing to win anymore).

Maybe this part of the regulations should be reviewed - its made to have more strategy in, but it doesnt work out.
I agree, this is not the best scenario as far as the entertainment is concerned when drivers think they don't have anything to fight for and pull out.

Maybe DTM should consider adopting a Supercars-style points system where everyone scores points apart from those who don't finish and can't complete 75% of distance. Then even grabbing some points for, say, 16th place would be better than pulling out and being classified as 21st.

Especially as there are almost 30 drivers now, extending the points-scoring window would be a very logical option.
Old 31 May 2022, 17:31 (Ref:4112284)   #148
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Having a top 10 points scale for 30 entries is absurd.

Just do it 25-18-15-12-11-10-9...
Old 31 May 2022, 22:20 (Ref:4112324)   #149
Matt K
Veteran

I'd go even further and adopt something like 50-44-40-38-36-34-32-30-28-26-24 and then 23-22-20-19...
Old 1 Jun 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4112372)   #150
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree, this is not the best scenario as far as the entertainment is concerned when drivers think they don't have anything to fight for and pull out.

Maybe DTM should consider adopting a Supercars-style points system where everyone scores points apart from those who don't finish and can't complete 75% of distance. Then even grabbing some points for, say, 16th place would be better than pulling out and being classified as 21st.

Especially as there are almost 30 drivers now, extending the points-scoring window would be a very logical option.

I would not think, that it might chanve something, if you get a point for being last.
But maybe i would say, that even saved tyres from last race cannot be used in next next race/session. So no one would start to save tyres through DNF.