scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring 2022

might as well have an official thread.
Who is going?
Once I my equity loan is done so I can pay for the gas, I'll be leaving ATL on Tuesday morning.

I've already got the 'itis' pretty bad tho
Old 9 Mar 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4101779)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fuel prices rising, supply being restricted, inflation, Sebring. Wait, I think I've heard this story before.

Ok, yeah 5% or so ain't gonna cut the fuel supply drastically but that won't stop Sebring from partying if it did
Old 9 Mar 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4101822)   #3
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I’ll be there, with tickets that were rolled over twice!
Old 10 Mar 2022, 00:13 (Ref:4101854)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4102012)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that I know I'm missing PLM this year, I had half a thought (and maybe still do) of going but highly unlikely...
Old 11 Mar 2022, 00:15 (Ref:4102047)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Go to Sebring, it is your destiny. We’ll have space for a tent in our bit.

Missing PLM, are you mad?
Old 11 Mar 2022, 01:46 (Ref:4102050)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Go to Sebring, it is your destiny. We’ll have space for a tent in our bit.

Missing PLM, are you mad?
Best friend who lives in London (he's American) is marrying a girl from Barcelona in Barcelona this fall. Guess the weekend.
Old 11 Mar 2022, 01:54 (Ref:4102051)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
ex-best friend?
Although I hear Atlanta is a great place to get married.

Despite this, congratulations to the two of them.
Old 11 Mar 2022, 03:44 (Ref:4102055)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
ex-best friend?
Although I hear Atlanta is a great place to get married.

Despite this, congratulations to the two of them.
Yeah, he should get him married in Road ATL's Turn 4, like a real man! I did drag him to Brands Hatch on one of my visits across the pond to see big block McLaren Can Ams at a historic meet.

So I've put in the app to corporate (told the wife) and do have work in Savannah next week so I'm gonna put some effort into it. Let's see what happens.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4102430)   #10
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Weekend weather looking savage.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4102431)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So a Sebring weekend, spring with chance of angry weather determined to destroy all your kit
Old 14 Mar 2022, 14:56 (Ref:4102443)   #12
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Even more so - Sat threatening to reach a temperature record which has stood since 1945.

With 68% humidity. And a chance of a storm.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4102474)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Timetable:
https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...12H-022522.pdf
Old 14 Mar 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4102488)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There is a lot of sessions on there with the WEC listed on the IMSA schedule. Was posting this meant to persuade any people on the fence about going?
Old 14 Mar 2022, 19:59 (Ref:4102490)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There is a lot of sessions on there with the WEC listed on the IMSA schedule. Was posting this meant to persuade any people on the fence about going?
If they do it like TransAm does, it's so they don't forget and do one schedule for the track to hand out. A couple years back TransAm and SVRA had 2 overlapping sessions on the first schedule at Road Atlanta with the same ownership of the series.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4102499)   #16
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
TWas posting this meant to persuade any people on the fence about going?
As if an 8 hour WEC race on Friday and a 12 hour IMSA race on Saturday isn't already tasty enough!
Old 15 Mar 2022, 00:20 (Ref:4102523)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Let me know
Old 15 Mar 2022, 01:08 (Ref:4102524)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
As if an 8 hour WEC race on Friday and a 12 hour IMSA race on Saturday isn't already tasty enough!
Quote:
Let me know
It is a 12 hour drive for me, and I've only done it once. Flew in with my dad another time. I need to get back.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 01:48 (Ref:4102530)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This is the year!
Old 15 Mar 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4102531)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Confirmed work in Savannah on Friday. Thought for a moment to just keep heading south but that's a tall ask for a quick turnaround.

I'm out. Y'all enjoy!
Old 15 Mar 2022, 01:53 (Ref:4102532)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Lightweight.

Old 15 Mar 2022, 02:42 (Ref:4102533)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Lightweight.

If it helps, I was mostly drunk when I first started considering it. Should've bought a tic right then and there!
Old 15 Mar 2022, 17:33 (Ref:4102644)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The only possible solution now is to get drunk again.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 18:53 (Ref:4102659)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I believe that is the track motto. That needs to be in Latin on a flag with a burning couch and million empty cans

Possibly also the Field family crest
Old 16 Mar 2022, 00:53 (Ref:4102688)   #25
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

That's the spirit!