Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Aug 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4069803)   #76
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I finished it off with black coffee followed by Pigs-n-a-blanket.
or
Old 22 Aug 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4069805)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This one?

https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/Hot_Salad_Water

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...lish-breakfast

Hash Browns are the source of many an argument when it comes to part of a Full English...
I'm all in on this, minus 'black pudding'. It doesn't even look good in the picture...

Quote:
or
we had the second ones, but #1 looks delightful!
Old 22 Aug 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4069817)   #78
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Oh man those are great looking pigs in blanket pictures.

My tartiflette was a little dry, but still good flavor. Steak and grilled beens were perfect
Old 22 Aug 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4069821)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first one is the Atkins approved method, or you low glutens people
Old 22 Aug 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4069858)   #80
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meat

We had a chilli on Friday in the slow cooker - started it at 9am and it was just right by around 8pm.

Lunch on Saturday was some Rilettes du Mans, Brie de Mieux, pate and assorted 'chips' (as in crisps) Shallot and Vinegar and Poulet Braise and then a barbecue on Saturday evening, consisting of Merguez, Chicken Thighs (with Paprika, olive oil and salt and pepper), Beef Burgers and a couple of racks of ribs.

Sunday was tartiflette, the Anthony Bourdain recipe, which I've followed a few times before.

Back on the diet now!!!
Old 22 Aug 2021, 20:33 (Ref:4069862)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This one?

https://teen-titans-go.fandom.com/wiki/Hot_Salad_Water

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...lish-breakfast

Hash Browns are the source of many an argument when it comes to part of a Full English...
Yes that exact one! I love that show!
Old 17 Jan 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4140384)   #82
Arin Morfoot
Rookie

Arin Morfoot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, such a great topic to be discussed. It's great that you're trying to make your own meals, even if they're not gourmet! Pizza and spaetzle are both great options for watching a race at home. With more people following the race from home this year, it's likely that there will be a variety of food and drink options depending on the individual's preferences. Some people may opt for traditional race day foods such as hot dogs and nachos, while others may choose to make their own meals at home. Some popular drinks to enjoy while watching a race include beer, soda, and water.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4140385)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We always take plenty of bacon and british sausages down to le mans, we freeze them so they keep the cool box cold for a few days and usually last until friday or saturday, plenty of baked beans from uk and mushrooms and eggs purchased in france. Mustard is cheap in france but HP sauce has to be taken down as very expensive in france
Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4140388)   #84
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We always take plenty of bacon and british sausages down to le mans...
I wonder if there is a cash reward for dobbing people in to the French Customs?

#SunlitUplands

Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4140390)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I wonder if there is a cash reward for dobbing people in to the French Customs?

#SunlitUplands

No, they just confiscate their camping pitch......
Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4140392)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
do the french have a policy on ice blocks in your cooler box?

Suspect more bacon heads to france in le mans week than the rest of the year put together, france is the only place in the world that has resisted the delights of bacon, and no lardons do not count.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4140393)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I need a bacon sarnie now...... I blame you Simon......
Old 17 Jan 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4140395)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I need a bacon sarnie now...... I blame you Simon......
And guess what Mrs Ayse has just brought me....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2184.JPG  
Old 17 Jan 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4140403)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Bacon is without doubt a wonder food, i just can never understand why the french have never embraced it.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4140408)   #90
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Bacon is without doubt a wonder food, i just can never understand why the french have never embraced it.
Because the brits import all the “bacon” from EU
Old 17 Jan 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4140410)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If there was demand in france for bacon someone would sell it there but the french have strange food tastes. Well different to the rest of europe anyway
Old 17 Jan 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4140411)   #92
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If there was demand in france for bacon someone would sell it there but the french have strange food tastes. Well different to the rest of europe anyway
The danes do not want to pay the prices for the british bacon, that the brits want to - that is why we export it to you guys . Ordinary bacon (ei. what is called bacon in the rest of the world) is good enough for us, and I guess the french as well .
Old 17 Jan 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4140413)   #93
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually made some last weekend for the in-laws who spent time in the UK, although I did smoke cook the belly and loins. Not bad and now I wish I had some at the office. Had a nice bacon sammich Sat and yes, HP sauce was applied

I will have to remember to keep a pack in the freezer for that Sunday morning (EDT) late race breakfast
Old 17 Jan 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4140438)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The danes do not want to pay the prices for the british bacon, that the brits want to - that is why we export it to you guys . Ordinary bacon (ei. what is called bacon in the rest of the world) is good enough for us, and I guess the french as well .
I'm perfectly happy if we have all the 'real' bacon.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4140445)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I wondered why so many danes left there home country to come to the uk, even though they had to row those long ships all the way and were rather nasty to the local inhabitants when they arrived. Now we know the answer Bacon
Old 17 Jan 2023, 19:51 (Ref:4140449)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Seems like a good justification to most people, I don't trust those who don't understand the need for bacon
Old 17 Jan 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4140457)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A very sound philosophy indeed!
Old 18 Jan 2023, 00:26 (Ref:4140472)   #98
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m not sure what I will have come June. I struggle to decide what to et most days! I think it will depend how much of the race is shown on the telly
Old 18 Jan 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4140518)   #99
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
There's only one place to buy bacon in the UK. This goes on my Christmas present list every year.

https://www.emmettsham.co.uk/product...n-starter-pack
Old 18 Jan 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4140524)   #100
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I may have to save that place for the next time I go to London, no officer I am not at all imported meat I just always smell like bacon