Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jun 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4115572)   #176
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, you're right, I forgot of that statement.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4115574)   #177
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's a shame they can't run their A480 for another season, although I understand why
I think it's a good decision this time by the ACO. What's the point of letting them race an Oreca LMP1 with that kind of BOP they got this year?
Old 14 Jun 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4115579)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news that they'll stick around during the year out. I imagine they will have some tasty lineups as they'll want to get their drivers locked down.

P2 is still going to be a dogfight next year with the top teams waiting for customer Hypercars to become available. You'd imagine WRT, JOTA, Prema etc will all be involved, and United have already confirmed Josh Pierson for '23.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4115606)   #179
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Good news that they'll stick around during the year out. I imagine they will have some tasty lineups as they'll want to get their drivers locked down.
I'd imagine they would have at least of couple of their 2024 drivers in the lineup and maybe they can find a good silver in single seaters to promote for P2?
Old 15 Jun 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4115688)   #180
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can they manage it alongside their F1 program? I suppose it's possible, although it won't be easy. Running one car is hard enough, but upgrading to two cars isn't as easy as it sounds. It's a shame they can't run their A480 for another season, although I understand why
Upgrading to 2 cars? Signatech is already running 2 cars for many years. At this moment both the Hypercar/LMP1 Alpine and the Richard Mille Racing LMP2.
Old 15 Jun 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4115704)   #181
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Upgrading to 2 cars? Signatech is already running 2 cars for many years. At this moment both the Hypercar/LMP1 Alpine and the Richard Mille Racing LMP2.
'Furthermore, the Alpine plan is separate from the Richard Mille Racing Team program that receives technical support from Signatech.

“We will probably carry on with the same type of arrangement that we have with Philippe Sinault and Signatech,” said Rossi.'

So three cars if you like
Old 15 Jun 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4115706)   #182
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I applaud them for coming this far. They've obviously managed to get the right people in place to make this project work. It's the right way to do it, getting technical support from established teams in the series. I will wait to see what happens next
Old 15 Jun 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4115797)   #183
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I applaud Alpine for bringing another car to the very limited hypercar class but I think the ACO are doing the right thing and drawing a line under the current car, a shame as it’s always been one of my favourites but it’s time to move on
Old 4 Jul 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4118227)   #184
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/p/CflpZltoxlw/?hl=es
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:05 (Ref:4118234)   #185
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
That is brilliant! And combined with the blue Glick and grey Peug, we have actual color variety in the top class!

sent during haircut
Old 4 Jul 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4118255)   #186
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do we think this is a legit livery change or just a bit of Italian-themed promo?
Old 4 Jul 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4118258)   #187
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Do we think this is a legit livery change or just a bit of Italian-themed promo?
Well up until you questioned it I thought it was legit, but now I'm wondering what else in my life I'm fooled by...

sent during haircut
Old 5 Jul 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4118323)   #188
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/mot...-racer-le-mans

Did we know they were making a hydrogen play? That's a lot of dev alongside an F1 team, engines and LMDh.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4118346)   #189
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't recall anything on this. But the ACO are pressing ahead with hydrogen eligibility in 2025, aren't they? So they must have been expecting someone to step up. Most of the fuel cell drivetrain is spec anyway.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 16:38 (Ref:4118347)   #190
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
First time I remember hearing about this. I know there have noises from some about hydrogen. Can’t remember who.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4118526)   #191
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
First time I remember hearing about this. I know there have noises from some about hydrogen. Can’t remember who.
I remember hearing/reading that Hyundai, Toyota and maybe BMW are interested in hydrogen.
Old 7 Jul 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4118528)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Initially published Sep 2018:

ACO unveils hydrogen-powered prototype at Spa

The ACO’s aim of introducing hydrogen-powered prototypes to Le Mans took solid form at Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday (September 22), as Yannick Dalmas drove a series of laps in a experimental development car.

The zero-emission LM PH2G has been produced in partnership between the Le Mans 24 Hours promoter and GreenGT, christened Mission H24, with the ultimate goal being a hydrogen class for the 2024 edition of the great race.

Then in Feb 2019:
The Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) and GreenGT have come together to form H24 Racing team with the push towards hydrogen-powered cars continue on.

'As the work on the car as well as the formation of the category continues on behind the scenes, the ACO and GreenGT decided to form a racing team which will run the cars in future, with the inception of H24 Racing.'

Then in Jun 2021:
Looking beyond the immediate future of the H24 project, 2024 and the implementation of the new hydrogen class in ACO racing is looming.

'It seems clear that from the eight manufacturers around the table defining the regulations likely just one will emerge to pick up the baton of a challenging timeframe. How far the hydrogen class progresses beyond that will depend on two things: how many manufacturers sign up and how the filling technology from TotalEnergies’ side progresses.'

ACO President Pierre Fillon: "I can tell you at this time that we have five manufacturers involved in the working group on the fuel cell regulations"

I know previously that Red Bull Advanced Technologies and ORECA were working together on a one-make chassis. I wonder if the first few entries (including the Alpine) will be power-train only in the RBAT/ORECA chassis?
Old 15 Oct 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4130368)   #193
Mike E
Veteran

More on how the Hypercar might look and further commitment to hydrogen.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-revealed.html

https://youtu.be/DIqt5dQpBCU
Old 9 Jun 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4161067)   #194
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New LMDh, New Thread