Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jan 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4092770)   #46
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
So what is it that the world appears to be ruled by pygmies? There's only one strong leader that's uniting his country ATM and that's Putin. Whether you like/dislike Thatcher/Blair/Merkel or whoever, they were world class people who believed in what they were doing.

All the current lot seem to believe in is following the next focus group.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Jan 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4092774)   #47
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
So what is it that the world appears to be ruled by pygmies? There's only one strong leader that's uniting his country ATM and that's Putin. Whether you like/dislike Thatcher/Blair/Merkel or whoever, they were world class people who believed in what they were doing.

All the current lot seem to believe in is following the next focus group.

Nail on the head, Max. “What will the Daily Mail/Evening standard say? If it’s good we will do that, if it’s not good we better change our minds”!

Johnson must wear flip flops!
Old 7 Jan 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4092775)   #48
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!
Or in the case of our clown, he's afraid of his own shadow let alone not do what his latest wife tells him to do, plus of course his chums with ready cash and his backbenchers who are almost paralysing him. A bit like Major and the b*st*rds!
Old 7 Jan 2022, 18:56 (Ref:4092804)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I know very little about Macron/ French politics, but he can’t be worse than Johnson, surely?
Well, I think there is a match here! And guess who pays for the salaries and, more important, for the mistakes? No news so far from our former Ministre de la Santé, she was moking at people wearing a mask saying it was useless and that we had a lot in stock just in case. She should at least apologize and give her money earnings back.

This virus in a worldwide sanitary crisis and the politics know nothing about it but they legistate! Incredible but true. Something is rotten.
Old 8 Jan 2022, 05:17 (Ref:4092860)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well, I think there is a match here! And guess who pays for the salaries and, more important, for the mistakes? No news so far from our former Ministre de la Santé, she was moking at people wearing a mask saying it was useless and that we had a lot in stock just in case. She should at least apologize and give her money earnings back.

This virus in a worldwide sanitary crisis and the politics know nothing about it but they legistate! Incredible but true. Something is rotten.
Yes, mainly the various country "Leaders" don't have a clue, Putin not included as he is in a class of his own. I thought that if a country causes most of countries a problem, then that country should pay reparation for what they have caused?
Old 8 Jan 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4092866)   #51
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we wandering in to politics, here? By God we are!

If your country is invaded by an enemy, it makes sense to put aside differences and stand together to fight the invader, in this case Covid. What do we do today? Bicker over tactics, and expect nothing in life to change. I doubt if any past leader could have done any better than the current lot, It is difficult to fight a domestic war at the same time as an invasion.
We are a sorry excuse for a Nation.
Old 8 Jan 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4092868)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching the TV I see a young woman from Love Island has made a lot of money and thinks anyone can do it. She has been "piled on" for saying this. Personally I think she has a point since without ambition we would never improve. Where she misses the point is that success should not always be measured in terms of money. Having a family and a nice home could be seen as success. Likewise enjoying your job could be seen as success. But in this world of instant gratification, all people see is money and then become jealous of those who have become rich. It's fair to say that reality TV is as much to blame but that is really just a new revenue stream for those who want to become "stars".
Old 8 Jan 2022, 10:28 (Ref:4092875)   #53
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Reality TV has created a new monster. On the Who wants to be a successful musician? type of shows they all appear to want to win, but only because that should make them rich & famous. Unfortunately The Apprentice seems to be attracting the same sort of contestants (not that I watch any of these types of show anymore).
Old 8 Jan 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4092877)   #54
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are a sorry excuse for a Nation.[/QUOTE]

Indeed we are
Old 8 Jan 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4092910)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Reality TV has created a new monster. On the Who wants to be a successful musician? type of shows they all appear to want to win, but only because that should make them rich & famous. Unfortunately The Apprentice seems to be attracting the same sort of contestants (not that I watch any of these types of show anymore).
I do get a lot of sponsorship requests/applications to join the team with no money, along the lines of "if you don't pay for my hobby I'll have to give up on my dream." The kid normally has no talent, no application, but has watched lots of "Karaoke Star" TV shows.

Sorry chum, this is real life. We all have to accept dreams are just that. Unfortunately the Karaoke Stars just encourage not working for your dream, expecting someone else to fund it.

Old 8 Jan 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4092911)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
PS. Sorry, I've had a long hard day in the rain and now a couple of pints so I *may* be a bit ranty

Old 8 Jan 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4092913)   #57
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
No apology needed
Old 8 Jan 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4092915)   #58
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
PS. Sorry, I've had a long hard day in the rain and now a couple of pints so I *may* be a bit ranty

I don’t have that excuse!
Old 8 Jan 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4092919)   #59
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its very easy to critisise BoJo but jut t imagine thhe mess if Corbyn & Abbott had been successful. Its bad enough now with Mr. Hindsight and and his side kick.
Old 8 Jan 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4092920)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Its very easy to critisise BoJo but jut t imagine thhe mess if Corbyn & Abbott had been successful. Its bad enough now with Mr. Hindsight and and his side kick.
That's not fair. I'm no Corbyn lover but "cometh the hour, cometh the man." Who knows what could have happened? We can't indulge in "whataboutery"