Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 1 1.82%
9 1 1.82%
8 6 10.91%
7 6 10.91%
6 9 16.36%
5 11 20.00%
4 9 16.36%
3 6 10.91%
2 2 3.64%
1 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Mar 2018, 19:07 (Ref:3811057)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 26 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3811073)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I like the Melbourne surroundings. I like the look at the track. It's barely raceable though.

Still, I'll knock in a good 7 here. There was some passin', the race winner was in doubt, Vettel winnin' was a surprise (for me) nothwithstanding his good form at this track, Raikkonen putting the pace that he in did was another surprise. And we were robbed without those pacey Haas cars. Mclaren have some prospects for the season ahead.

I also didn't *see* the halo as such. I was able to watch the race without my attention being drawn to it. (I still hope they'll bloody ditch the damn thing eventually though)
Old 27 Mar 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3811121)   #28
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 7 because it was nice to see the teams/cars back at it again. The hype was there for me and we got to see where every team now stands.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3811220)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it is a five from me. It was going to be four, but the fact that cars entering the pit lane appeared to be signalled by a marshal with a whistle, old skool, I gave it an extra mark!

Not surprised that most were pleased to get the season started, but that the first race didn’t meet everyone’s expectations. Apart from one predictably juvenile post, some interesting comments! To me the most disappointing aspect was the (familiar) difficulty for a car to get close to another in front without losing downforce. This has to be a priority to be sorted. Maybe the working group will take a look at what IndyCar have done..... The suggestion of overheating while not getting enough clear air happens in other formula and with many car types (even in historic races ), so think that has to be lived with. And I’m not sure if drivers / engineers having to keep an eye on fuel consumption is a big deal- like tyre management, it’s part of racing for me.

Real shame about Haas pit stop problems, and hope they can bounce back in the next race. Good to see both McLarens reliable and looking more competitive, although results flattered by other’s problems. Think LH suffered from not having the other Merc with him, and team making a decision to cover Kimi, when really they should have concentrated on Seb.

Watched FP and qually on Sky (free day pass to use up ) and race on C4. Enjoyed both, didn’t find the halo a distraction in trackside shots, but on some cars it spoiled the on-board camera view. Someone on here suggested that the car number should be visible from the on board camera- that or the driver’s name would be useful.

Not sure if I will be about for the next GP, but at least I’ve got an idea of how the championship will be played out.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3811591)   #30
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The impossibility to even see the race by several professional colleagues made me unthinkable to calificate well this race. We pay enough to the cableoperator to have the sport signal that broadcasts F1, to pay extra for a spectacle we find cheaper and better in other classes of races. Depressed lest very true what's sayin'.