Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3477315)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Thread

apparently there's a race this weekend?

hamilton fastest in fp1:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116867

hamilton still ahead in fp2:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116876
Old 21 Nov 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3477330)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
K-Mag impressed with a P3 in FP2.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3477353)   #3
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Wheres the Caterhams?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3477449)   #4
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any pics of the Caterhams with their new sponsors?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3477515)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was quite surprised to see the empty grand stands yesterday, which is the local weekend. I left that part of the world over a month ago but even then the GP was being pushed fairly heavily in the media. Then today for P3 there seemed to be a few more peeps but not a massive amount.

BTW. Rosberg fastest by 3/10s.

Also interesting responses from Ron D when questioned by Tom Clarkson, although Ron seemed a bit peeved with Tom's closing remarks.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3477532)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Abu Dhabi gets the season decider and with double points. Lewis is top of Q1.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3477540)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams livery

Have Williams changed their livery? I thought the Martini colours had a red stripe.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3477541)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting tense in Q3
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3477543)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg on pole.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3477544)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Have Williams changed their livery? I thought the Martini colours had a red stripe.
Maybe not allowed sponsorship from an alcoholic drinks company in Abu Dhabi?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3477545)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Maybe not allowed sponsorship from an alcoholic drinks company in Abu Dhabi?
Good point, I feared something sinister, fantastic turnaround for Williams this year.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3477548)   #12
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
So Abu Dhabi gets the season decider and with double points. Lewis is top of Q1.
AD is the season decider because the points gap is less than a race win. Double points is redundant as well as a rubbish idea.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3477549)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Heartbreaking story from Max Chilton on Marussia's last ditch effort to get to the race. My heart goes out to all those involved. I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster those guys have been through in the last few days not to mention the financial implications for the engineers. Sacked one day, called back at the last minute with toolboxes to ready the car and falling at the last hurdle. It's these guys who are the heroes.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3477550)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
AD is the season decider because the points gap is less than a race win. Double points is redundant as well as a rubbish idea.
I'm well aware of that. Maybe I should have included this in my post, .
Old 22 Nov 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3477594)   #15
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Red Bull flexi wings again

Seems the Red Bulls have failed scrutineering because elements of the front wing are designed to flex under load, here we go again
Old 22 Nov 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3477597)   #16
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be to surprised if:

a) Rosberg cracks under pressure like in Monza, but this time without escape route

or

b) Hamilton goes wild while chasing him, and loses it like in Brasil, but this time without run-off area
Old 22 Nov 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3477605)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Nico will crack under the pressure of been hunted by his faster friend....
Old 22 Nov 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3477615)   #18
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Seems the Red Bulls have failed scrutineering because elements of the front wing are designed to flex under load, here we go again
RB excluded from qualifying, start from the back of the grid provided they can stiffen the problem areas of the wings overnight.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3477620)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Maybe they will have a stiffer one by the morning ?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3477621)   #20
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To stiffen the wings they will have to take the cars out of perk ferme which will mean starting from the pit lane. Have I got that right?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3477624)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
To stiffen the wings they will have to take the cars out of perk ferme which will mean starting from the pit lane. Have I got that right?
I think that is correct....
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3477626)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mind you in that situation they will also be able to change their set up to a pure race set up giving them a potential fast car in the race. I seem to remember them doing that with Vettel's car in the past.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3477627)   #23
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting that Ricciardo's season has been bookended by two technical interpretation decisions which have significantly disadvantaged him.
Oh well, just a few more opportunities for passing moves
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3477628)   #24
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the exclusion puts in the cars in the same situation as someone who didn't qualify but is allowed to race, that is they are allowed to carry out repairs or corrective work under a limited Parc Ferme.....like if an engine blew in Q1, the team would be allowed to replace the engine and start from the back of the grid. In this case, change the front wings for stronger/up rated ones but must be at the same wing angles.

Red Bull could if they chose withdraw from the Parc Ferme altogether and start from the pit lane. This would be the only way the set up could be changed I believe.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 22 Nov 2014 at 20:46.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3477631)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Mind you in that situation they will also be able to change their set up to a pure race set up giving them a potential fast car in the race. I seem to remember them doing that with Vettel's car in the past.
I would think they would take the data from qualifying and apply it to a race set up, would that be considered cheating I wonder ?
Closed Thread