Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Jan 2004, 09:52 (Ref:834143)   #1
eigar
Rookie

eigar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michal Schumacher as "codriver" for Petter Solberg!!

If you do not understand Norwegian, please use a translator progam to read about Schumacher's test ride with Solberg. The drive took place in Sweeden last Friday under much secrecy.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/sp...ticleID=705994
Old 11 Jan 2004, 10:03 (Ref:834144)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would Schumi want to do this? And it doesnt make sense when Peugeot is also a Marlboro family member while prodrive Subaru is BAT...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jan 2004, 15:35 (Ref:834397)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TGF to BAR?
Old 11 Jan 2004, 15:37 (Ref:834399)   #4
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps he's considering a future in rallying just like Valentino Rossi...
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:00 (Ref:834484)   #5
eigar
Rookie

The Happening was just for fun. Schumacher was invited to this during the Championship Awards in Monaco before Christmas. Schumacher and his family stays 3-4 weeks during Christmas in their winterhouse in Trysil, Norway.
The Subaru test site in Sweeden was not very far from the Schumacher house, just across the border.

I guess the secrecy was due to commercial aspects. Schumacher allowed no photographers to stay at the test site. The photos in the newpapers were taken along the closed test road, where Schumacher is trying to hide his face.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 09:39 (Ref:835107)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Solberg mentioned this at the autosport show yesterday, he said he'd crushed Schumachers nuts with the seatbelt
Old 12 Jan 2004, 10:04 (Ref:835129)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
TGF to BAR?
Oooeerrr... a straight swap for JV...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jan 2004, 19:10 (Ref:835789)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What so JV gets the Ferrari race seat and Schuey goes into an undignified, whingeing retirement then, GTRMagic?
Old 12 Jan 2004, 20:47 (Ref:835878)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw this on the Norwegian sports roundup on Friday, and thought about posting this here too. Apparently TGF didn't want any attention from the public or the media at the event - maybe understandably so, since he has to cope with such attention 11 months of the year. His 3-4 weeks' break around Christmas is "sacred" time for him, where he gets a rare break from the eye of the sportsworld.

Two World Champions in the same car. Not every day.

Eigar, welcome to 10 Tenths. Whereabouts in Norway are you from?

(Btw, TGF stands for "That German Fellow", not anything else. )
Old 13 Jan 2004, 07:21 (Ref:836277)   #10
eigar
Rookie

Hi R.
Thanks for the greetings. I am living in Asker.

I am new as a contributor on 10 Tenths, but I have been reading this and other motorsport forums with great interest for some years.
("TGF" sounds a bit disrespectful, I think)

best regards
eigar
Old 13 Jan 2004, 17:14 (Ref:836903)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well in that case you may know that I am no supporter of his. Though I do admire his talent. And I don't use "TGF" as a sign of disrespect. It's just sooo much quicker to type than "Michael Schumacher". And the phrase was coined while Mika Salo was in F1 (while TGF was on the sidelines with a broken leg), so there already was an "MS" among the F1 drivers.

Oh well, I've successfully derailed another topic. Back to his rallying adventure!
Old 13 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:837132)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF has said in the past that rallying is "too dangerous" (as is every other kind of racing except F1) -- I would have loved to have a close-up of his face in the car. I wonder if Solberg had the co-driver seat waterproofed.

I bet he didn't like it nearly as much as Jeff Gordon enjoyed Gronholm rolling the car with him in it. (Gordon loved it.)
Old 14 Jan 2004, 08:55 (Ref:837622)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
A few F1 drivers have been for a blast in WRC cars recently - Irvine went out with McRae and said "never again", Fisichella went out with Martin and enjoyed it, now TGF has been out with Solberg.

It is kind of weird though - Irvine and Fisichella both went out in the Focus as they were driving for Ford powered teams - what's the link with Ferrari and Subaru? Prodrive possibly? (Le mans Ferrari and Subaru WRC)
Old 14 Jan 2004, 10:24 (Ref:837685)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
eigar said higher up
Quote:
The Happening was just for fun. Schumacher was invited to this during the Championship Awards in Monaco before Christmas. Schumacher and his family stays 3-4 weeks during Christmas in their winterhouse in Trysil, Norway.
The Subaru test site in Sweeden was not very far from the Schumacher house, just across the border.

I guess the secrecy was due to commercial aspects. Schumacher allowed no photographers to stay at the test site. The photos in the newpapers were taken along the closed test road, where Schumacher is trying to hide his face.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 10:38 (Ref:837704)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
It would appear that I'm blind!

I saw the bit about the photographers but managed to miss the rest of that post. I haven't even been drinking (yet).