Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1745476)   #1
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep off the grass !!!

Several drivers were apparently fined at Croft for doing donuts, was this because they did it on the grass or because your not allowed to do donuts fullstop ?
Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1745480)   #2
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did it on the grass and I heard over one radio saying about the grass cutting.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1745515)   #3
Guffy
Racer

United Kingdom
Shap Cumbria
Guffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All events under a MSA permit are banned from doing donuts..!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1745524)   #4
M.Lowe
Veteran

Naughty Rallycross men
Old 22 Oct 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1745528)   #5
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
All events under a MSA permit are banned from doing donuts..!
I had a feeling that was the case. Killjoys !!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 02:39 (Ref:1745691)   #6
:) RallyX
Racer

:) RallyX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The Donuts were the one of the highlights of the day from a spectators point of view... and the grass needed cutting anyway!! It will grow back... Get performance guys!! I hate to say it but they deserved o be able to do donuts.. Last round of the season and all!!
Great finale!!

Old 23 Oct 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1745831)   #7
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and they wonder why the max power style events are so popular !! Enterainment seems to becoming a dirty word on MSA events.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1745845)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by :) RallyX
The Donuts were the one of the highlights of the day from a spectators point of view... and the grass needed cutting anyway!! It will grow back... Get performance guys!! I hate to say it but they deserved o be able to do donuts.. Last round of the season and all!!
Great finale!!

Here here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
and they wonder why the max power style events are so popular !! Enterainment seems to becoming a dirty word on MSA events.
Shhh the entertainment police will come and shut down the operation if you continue talking like that

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 23 Oct 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1745940)   #9
Toymaster
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gods Country
Toymaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats wrong with some people ?
Last event the big boys showing off in their toys.
A true crowd pleaser for sure.
Bring on more of the same thats what i say.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1746219)   #10
M.Lowe
Veteran

Regarding keeping off the grass, why is it that if you do a rally at croft you have to change a tyre? yet if you take part in touring cars you are allowed to finish off the lap and then pit for a new wheel/tyre and with Rallycross like Kev Procter demonstrated with an exploding tyre that he was allowed to finish the race.

Is it one rule for one and feck rallying?
Old 23 Oct 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1746534)   #11
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seem's like JP's love of the green stuff is catching,what a great end to the super final.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1749294)   #12
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauffeur
Seem's like JP's love of the green stuff is catching, what a great end to the super final.
So as everyone knows the correct version of all the assumptions that have been made so far, the reason for not doing donuts on the grass is that at the drivers briefing all the drivers were told to keep off the grass, to their credit most of them actually managed to do that, the damage caused by the actions of those who did the donuts has resulted in ruts cut in the grass surface that causes the circuit to have to reinstate the surface as if a car slides off the tarmac and hits one of those ruts and rolls. Who then gets the blame (the circuit/organising club)? For those of you who are old enough to remember Michael Shields (son of George) in his 6R4 decided to celebrate winning a superfinal and promptly rolled his car when he hit some ruts!
And to put another assumption right "No Drivers were FINED, the circuit management actually came to me as clerk and said that we had to find out who was going to pay for the damage to the grass, the drivers involved were told what the circuit management had said. I then went back to the circuit management and after some discussion I managed to convince them that if the drivers agreed to make a donation to the Motorsport Safety Fund that would be the end of the matter, to which the drivers agreed and paid £25 each. A comment by one of the drivers was "at that price best value for money of the weekend"
As to donuts for those of you at the Rallycross Superprix this weekend you will see that "DONUTS" will be performed if the drivers wish on the tarmac apron adjacent to the second corner, so come along and see them done properly.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1749452)   #13
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
A point well made Mr Gibson, I probably won't make the Superprix, but encourage the yellow Mercedes because he will give you best donuts going.
Not much of a church goer but I'm sure there is a hymn with the words something along the lines of 'this green and pleasant land' and as we have the best and most pleasant Rallycross tracks in this country keep the donuts to the tarmac because you can donut anywhere in Europe and you will be lucky to find grass to mess up.
Maybe we should have a round of the ERC we certainly would have the best looking track !! Bring on the ERC
Old 26 Oct 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1750069)   #14
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The lead article (339) on erc24.com at the moment is a none too subtle dig at the punishment dished out last weekend:

British donuts cost £25

Old 26 Oct 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1750213)   #15
Steve Gibson
Racer

So even the Europeans have been fed the same inaccurate rubbish as well, I have e mailed Motoring News pointing out their inaccuracies but as yet have not got a reply. Watch this space.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1750217)   #16
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but in general i thought "donuts" were strictly against FIA Regs
Old 26 Oct 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1750303)   #17
Steve Gibson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
but in general i thought "donuts" were strictly against FIA Regs
The event had nothing to do with the FIA so the FIA regulations have no bearing on the event.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1750320)   #18
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair enough
Old 27 Oct 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1751271)   #19
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen rnd 7 of brda on motors tv,i wonder if
MR DC was told off for doing naughty things
on the grass.And he got up some speed with the tv
presenter sat next to him,mind you the little dog at the end
did'nt look to impressed.

BB....
Old 27 Oct 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1751339)   #20
T60
Rookie

T60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With reference to Mr Gibson's post regarding inaccuracies and rubbish, I would like to point out that the pulication I believe he is referring to is actually now known as 'Motorsport News' and not 'Motoring News'.
Old 27 Oct 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1751376)   #21
Steve Gibson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T60
With reference to Mr Gibson's post regarding inaccuracies and rubbish, I would like to point out that the pulication I believe he is referring to is actually now known as 'Motorsport News' and not 'Motoring News'.
Shows how long it is since i used to buy the said publication, i only bought it as someone told me what had been printed
Old 28 Oct 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1752096)   #22
ChrisG99
Racer

United Kingdom
STOCKTON-ON-TEES
ChrisG99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DONUTS COST NOTHING (WELL UP TO NOW ANYWAY).
Well I am actually at Croft this weekend not at Donington as I was last week (Chris Gibson aka "Gibbons" Clerk of Course) as Per "Motorsport News" or what ever it is called, "fining drivers for "donuts". One day they may even get a factual report.
We have only had one driver today celebrating being at Croft and winning doing donuts. He managed to keep it on the tarmac (Just), and I have not fined or stopped him celebrating. Roll on tomorrow, because no doubt there will be a lot more.
Yes I have fined some drivers to-day but that's another story.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1753522)   #23
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG99
DONUTS COST NOTHING (WELL UP TO NOW ANYWAY).
Well I am actually at Croft this weekend not at Donington as I was last week (Chris Gibson aka "Gibbons" Clerk of Course) as Per "Motorsport News" or what ever it is called, "fining drivers for "donuts". One day they may even get a factual report.
We have only had one driver today celebrating being at Croft and winning doing donuts. He managed to keep it on the tarmac (Just), and I have not fined or stopped him celebrating. Roll on tomorrow, because no doubt there will be a lot more.
Yes I have fined some drivers to-day but that's another story.
Has to be THE worst run event I have ever attended. The Division 1 boys were going crazy as the rules seem to be made up as the day went along? At least the BRC has some consistency.. Donuts are the least of your problems me thinks
Old 30 Oct 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1753558)   #24
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
Has to be THE worst run event I have ever attended. The Division 1 boys were going crazy as the rules seem to be made up as the day went along? At least the BRC has some consistency..
Well, I reckon this was one of the best meetings I've ever attended with both the main classes decided at the last corner. Great competitive racing throughout the day and a credit to the organisers.

Yes, it was a tough call on the semi re-run. Some people will agree, some disagree but in the end with any sport you've got to accept the referee's decision even if you sometimes don't like it.

BRC? Hmm..I seem to remember a similar controversy in the BRC last year when Pat Doran failed to qualify for a Superfinal and then sneaked in after some supermods withdrew... These sorts of situations will always be controversial whoever the organisers are.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1753576)   #25
rob711
Rookie

United Kingdom
howden,east yorkshire.
rob711 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with leonidas,very well run event apart from the chris evans incident! eveyone i spoke to seemed to have a good day or two.havent seen as many spectators at a croft rallycross meeting for a long time