Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Who will win the FF Festival?
Alx Danielsson 27 40.91%
Ben Clucas 14 21.21%
Tom Gaymor 3 4.55%
Tom Kimber-Smith 5 7.58%
Others 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2003, 21:46 (Ref:727071)   #1
Speedfreak
Rookie

Speedfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will win the Festival?

The Festival is coming up. Who will win it? I go for Alx or Clucas if he comes to start.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 22:28 (Ref:727116)   #2
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You seem the have just chosen the same old favourite names, but other drivers have gone well at Brands this year and could win especially if some of your favourites tangle in the heats or the final.
Joey Foster he seems to be quick at the moment and was challenging Alex for the lead until he went off or Yuya Sakamoto who won at Brands from pole or Valle Makela as long as he doesn’t overtake under yellow flags again or Matt Howson he’s had quite a few good results in the last few rounds of the championship.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 23:18 (Ref:727154)   #3
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging on recent Brands form at the fact that the Ray seems quick in the wet my guess is Alex Danilson.
Sakamoto has got to be the wild card. He has the pace at Brands, but seems to loose his head. I also agree with Medler, Joey is on form.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 10:09 (Ref:727492)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we can get a further £3k for him it will be Darwin Smith in our 2001 Mygale
Old 23 Sep 2003, 12:50 (Ref:727692)   #5
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex is looking quick in the Ray, think he needs some luck, certainly has the speed and talent. Agree with GM on this one
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:17 (Ref:727972)   #6
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope that vote has'nt scuppered Alx's chances!!!
Old 23 Sep 2003, 18:58 (Ref:728007)   #7
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They would probably look like obvious choices - but as we all saw last year anything can happen and it probably will!

What has Darwin been doing this year then Mackmot?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:00 (Ref:728008)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not much... but that will change

(oops sorry am not wayne)
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:02 (Ref:728010)   #9
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has he raced at all?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 19:18 (Ref:728029)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not at all, no. too busy searching high and low for money...
Old 23 Sep 2003, 20:24 (Ref:728090)   #11
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be Danielsson but could be any of about 10 drivers I reckon. Is Westley Barber going to drive? Something tells me it would be somewhat fitting if works Van Diemen (sorry Comtec!) won it at their last (for the moment at least) attempt. Can`t see their regular drivers getting anywhere unless its wet.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:56 (Ref:729907)   #12
paymaster
Rookie

paymaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear Joey is racing a Mygale?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:38 (Ref:729942)   #13
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paymaster I beleive if you are not Joey Foster you are somebody with close links to him.
Seems a strange thing to do as Joey seemed to be going very well driving a Van Diemen with Continental.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 21:09 (Ref:730159)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Danielsson will do it ...he has been storming this year .

In saying that , It is the Festival afterall !
Old 25 Sep 2003, 22:25 (Ref:730225)   #15
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right in thinking Darwin will be racing Formula BMW with Mackie in their two-car team next year?

Will be good to see him back though as he was more than a match for Clucas in 2002.

My tip for the festival would be Alx too. He's been strong all year at Brands and I think he will handle the pressure much better than say Makela. If it rains that Mygale could go well though and if Ben is racing he could do it

Last edited by Gaz; 25 Sep 2003 at 22:27.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 22:35 (Ref:730231)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
you are right, gaz.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 10:23 (Ref:730606)   #17
UKFFORDSTER
Rookie

UKFFORDSTER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Clarke? I can't predict a winner because there are so may possibilities, Alx not top of my list though
Old 26 Sep 2003, 10:35 (Ref:730613)   #18
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ray's always go well at Brands, Im going for Alx. Outside chance Tom Gaymour, Comtec (nee works VD) often pull something out of the bag at the festival.........
Old 26 Sep 2003, 12:59 (Ref:730750)   #19
UKFFORDSTER
Rookie

So apart from Daniellson who will be driving a Ray? Comtecs Gaymor has found some form recently but wouldnt expect him to win the festival.
Paymaster, where do you hear that Joey is racing a Mygale, and which Mygale will he race and with which team.
Does anyone know out of this years fordsters who WILL NOT be doing the festival? It seems we are speculating on a winner when I dont even know who's racing what cars in which teams and who isnt doing it at all, or maybe Im the only one who doesnt know it already? Please enlighten me if you do know the answer to the above. Thanks

Last edited by UKFFORDSTER; 26 Sep 2003 at 13:01.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 13:13 (Ref:730772)   #20
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was UKFFORDSTER talking about Daniel Clarke winning ????

surley this is an outside bet.

I am interested in what Mackmot said, "if we can find another 3K" how much would it cost a driver to do the Festival with you ??
Old 26 Sep 2003, 13:31 (Ref:730789)   #21
UKFFORDSTER
Rookie

Yes Darcym, Daniel Clarke not top of the list of likely winners but certainly an outside bet if he can sort himself out. (or if the other front runners give him half an inch of opportunity he is the kind of driver who would take it, rather than play safe. ( Maybe he needs a new nickname 'speedy win it or bin it Dan') would be interesting to see if he is sticking with Comtec for the festival or not. If he is that looks his chances of winning ruined already (and my bet would be invalid cos I dont like being incorrect!)
Old 26 Sep 2003, 15:20 (Ref:730901)   #22
paymaster
Rookie

paymaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meler, rong on both counts (my keyboar oesnt have the 4th, 6th, or 22n letter o the alphabet orkin, so you'll have to ecipher this!)but you kno ho sometimes rumours have a grain o truth in them
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:14 (Ref:732686)   #23
Fred
Racer

Fred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be good to see him back though as he was more than a match for Clucas in 2002.<<

That would be why he won half as many races and had to resort to punting him off, or trying to, on several occassions then ?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:21 (Ref:732687)   #24
Fred
Racer

Fred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UKFFORDSTER
[B]Yes Darcym, Daniel Clarke not top of the list of likely winners but certainly an outside bet if he can sort himself out. (or if the other front runners give him half an inch of opportunity he is the kind of driver who would take it, rather than play safe. <<

DC is the biggest advert for Insurance that can be imagined. Anyone racing with him in the field needs it just to fix their own cars at the end of the race. How many cars has he wrecked this year, his own and several others ?

3 in three races at Snetterton of his own !!!!!!!!! Can the other drivers afford for him to be in the field at all ?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:49 (Ref:732702)   #25
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darwin was not trying to punt him off, Clucas was break testing at brands, which we proved on data aquisition, and clucas took darwin off at Thruxton