Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 14:26 (Ref:913951)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Minardi take checkered flag

One has to give Minardi a pat on the back for their performance today. Both cars finished in what is historically the most grueling race on the calendar.

One car ran the last 30 laps (more than half the race) without the power assisted steering.
One finished in the top 15.

Will Minardi get a championship point this season?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:15 (Ref:914015)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though they had both cars finish they were both a long way back & would definately require a race of very high attrition to score any points from this year.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:19 (Ref:914018)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pat on the back just for finishing? I don't know.

The few times I saw them on TV, they looked like they were going about as fast as a bus-load of nuns, cruising down the highway on a Sunday afternoon.

No points, no excitement, no TV time, no improvement, no nothing, for this team. Sorry...

Danica Patrick
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:25 (Ref:914025)   #4
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Minardi get any money for finishing a race ?? Perhaps that is why they were slower
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:40 (Ref:914105)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruni is looking pretty good, but Zsolt is definitely in over his head-though he certainly got out of THG's way pretty fast and mowed the grass as well.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 20:51 (Ref:914274)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking the same thing. Bruni looks looks like he belongs, but Zsolt I think is in over his head. As much as I admire Minardi's competitive spirit, I'm afraid that they have been the minnows for so long that they will never see the front. Jordon or Sauber might still get a works engine deal but Minardi, not so much.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Mar 2004, 22:44 (Ref:914382)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Bruni is looking pretty good, but Zsolt is definitely in over his head-though he certainly got out of THG's way pretty fast and mowed the grass as well.
I seem to remember Bruni also taking a trip across the grass, but yes, he's definatly better than Baumgartner.

Last edited by Mr V; 21 Mar 2004 at 22:44.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 23:23 (Ref:914440)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True, V, but it wasn't because he was intimidated by the view in the mirrors!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 05:13 (Ref:914625)   #9
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was because he was actually pushing the car. I hope Bruni can score a drive next season.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 15:28 (Ref:915231)   #10
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon that Minardi should get rid of Baumgartner, and get Wilson back in the car.

Baumgartner should do another year of F3000 IMO!

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 22 Mar 2004 at 15:29.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 15:41 (Ref:915259)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not that simple Oversteer - with Bamgartner, Minardi have the money to compete. With Wilson, they would not. Besides, Zsolt has done over 2 seasons of F3000 - he woudln't improve any further
Old 22 Mar 2004, 17:32 (Ref:915411)   #12
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MrV, EERO & golem...you are all correct...truth is the Minardi is too slow to be in the premier league really...as their hopefulls find out you have to watch your mirrors and go off line on to the 'marbles' (and sometimes off the track!) trying to keep it out of the way of the real F1 cars!

Boots...Minardi dont 'compete' they just take part!