Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3216251)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Jealous of bortall for being able to be there for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully Larry hasn't wrecked the De Tomaso by the time I get there tomorrow morning. Would love it if Skaife destroyed the Skyline!
Nice What a poor thing to say!

Its actually Mr Richards' car that Mr Skaife is guesting in!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Mar 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3216256)   #27
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was mucking around, then GTR spoils it. Wouldn't mind some damage, just to have a laugh at Skaife, but then GTR spoils it. I actually wouldn't be unhappy to see a totaled Skyline on the back of a truck now. I would even take a photo of it and post it on here. I suppose the only thing bad thing about it would be that it would destroy a genuine Group A car, unlike the GTR.
Old 9 Mar 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3216258)   #28
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jealous of bortall for being able to be there for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully Larry hasn't wrecked the De Tomaso by the time I get there tomorrow morning. Would love it if Skaife destroyed the Skyline!
Should of been at work - but with the boss in Tasmania - as the old saying goes:
While the cats away the mice will play.
Old 9 Mar 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3216263)   #29
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Should of been at work - but with the boss in Tasmania - as the old saying goes:
While the cats away the mice will play.
Old 9 Mar 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3216265)   #30
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Only a few from today - too HOT to be in the sun:

Old 9 Mar 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3216276)   #31
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only saving grave was the breeze gave some relief some of the time.
Old 9 Mar 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3216453)   #32
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Off I go...
Old 10 Mar 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3216537)   #33
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
No Skaife for the morning race. Choppering in for the afternoon race apparently.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3216618)   #34
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
- I await the first Group A&C race keen to see Skaife strut his stuff. Over the PA I hear "Skaife won't be in the first race this morning." What! You flog Skaifey.

- I was really keen to see Larry in the DeTomaso in the Sportscar race, or the PA I hear "The DeTomaso won't be participating in today's race." What! "It should be ok for next week at the Grand Prix." As if I'm going to go to the Grand Prix!

- - Ian Buddery's Lola Indycar is one of my favorite car in historic racing. It was on the line up in the program. Did I see it on the track? No, I did not!

- Paul Stubber March Indycar is my other favorite car in historic. Over the PA I hear "The March won't be on the grid." You have got to be ******* joking!
Old 10 Mar 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3216622)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Lola had fuel pressure issues across the weekend, not a surprise it was withdrawn.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Mar 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3216625)   #36
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
- I await the first Group A&C race keen to see Skaife strut his stuff. Over the PA I hear "Skaife won't be in the first race this morning." What! You flog Skaifey.

- I was really keen to see Larry in the DeTomaso in the Sportscar race, or the PA I hear "The DeTomaso won't be participating in today's race." What! "It should be ok for next week at the Grand Prix." As if I'm going to go to the Grand Prix!

- - Ian Buddery's Lola Indycar is one of my favorite car in historic racing. It was on the line up in the program. Did I see it on the track? No, I did not!

- Paul Stubber March Indycar is my other favorite car in historic. Over the PA I hear "The March won't be on the grid." You have got to be ******* joking!
Don't be too hard on them. It's not like they can pop into Supercheap for their spare parts. We did have around 400 cars to drool over. Great weekend.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3216753)   #37
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

So you said that you wanted to see Skaife put the Skyline into the wall, but then get the cranks because he doesn't show ? I'm hearing KARMA !!!
Old 10 Mar 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3216784)   #38
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Skaife did appear in the afternoon race, he certainly put on a good show coming from the rear of the grid to just fail to overhaul the leading Sierra on the line.

1992 Ford Sierra RS500 and 1990 Nissan Skyline HR31 by neilwinch, on Flickr
Old 11 Mar 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3216855)   #39
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Should have been there on Saturday. It's a three day event and racing starts on Sat morning. Keep that in mind for 2014. There was so much to see in the pit and paddock as well as trackside.

I'd like to say thanks to all the drivers and owners for bringing out so many fantastic cars and being so approachable.

Special mention to David Towe for popping down to turn 1 and saying hello.

Shame to see Rusty French's weekend end the way it did. I haven't seen a detonation like the since Eric Bana picked 3rd going into turn 1 and well.....They say the video from the Lambo that was following Eric was interesting.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3216908)   #40
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA View Post
Don't be too hard on them. It's not like they can pop into Supercheap for their spare parts.
Its not just that. From bortall's post, I was keen to have a look at the Argo. Then I thought Ben Affleck's in it, so it won't be any good.

No seriously. I was distracted looking at other cars as it went past me (I was sitting opposite pit entry), I turn back around to see it trundling back to the pits with damage at the end of the first lap. I didn't get to have a good look at it's front! Damn it!

Two of my favorite group A cars, that were there last year, were the ex Bob Jones and HRT VL's. Not there this time!

AJ's Williams? Not there!

The Ferrari? Nope.

I think it was the F2 Ralt/March, in Marlboro colours? Nope!

Blokes selling 30 year old magazines for $15!

Quote:
We did have around 400 cars to drool over. Great weekend.
The Caltex Sierra was a striking car. I did enjoy seeing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
So you said that you wanted to see Skaife put the Skyline into the wall, but then get the cranks because he doesn't show ? I'm hearing KARMA !!!
It's ok. I hear the only reason why he missed the morning race was because he was telling the rest of the V8sc community that he was present to the biggest crowd he's ever raced in front of a PI.

Quote:
Should have been there on Saturday. It's a three day event and racing starts on Sat morning. Keep that in mind for 2014. There was so much to see in the pit and paddock as well as trackside.
I know of the event. I attended only saturday last year. If you read earlier in the thread, I left seeking accomodation a little late. Other years I have not attended because it clashed with cricket. Won't be making those mistakes again!
Old 11 Mar 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3216976)   #41
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"1969 MRC Repco Brabham at 6500cc" was a typo, should have been 5000cc.

I had a good time at the races, yes there were a few cars that dropped out, but that is not surprising given the nature of the machinery. One of the March sportscars (I think) that had lost a wheel was on Sat afternoon already awaiting the arrival of parts to get it running again for the GP.

After seeing Paul Stubber start at the rear of the grid to make races more interesting (than just running off into the distance) it was good to see Skaife at the back for the Sunday pm race even if not by choice, and it made for a fantastic race. There were a couple of other similar cases that could have been done, eg Jolley in the Monza Jag, but I can understand why you would not. Overall there were some pretty close races such as the French De Tomaso & Morgan Porsche, also the FFords, the Lotus 7 vs A-H Sprite and when both were running the two 69 Mustangs - not forgetting back in the field of course, it is hard to recall all of it. Hopefully next year is as good, if a little cooler.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3216990)   #42
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Special mention to David Towe for popping down to turn 1 and saying hello.

My pleasure, thanks for your efforts.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3217315)   #43
redesp
Racer

Australia
Melbourne Australia...
redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend!!

Due to work and family commitments I didn't get to the track unitl 1pm Sunday.
Still had to pay full entry fee.. fair enough. When I asked if there was a discount as it was sunday afternoon I was told to "pull my head in and grow up"
luck my nanna doesn't have such a grumpy and bad attitude.

The racing was great.. got another pic of "Elvis" featuring his latest hit. (still gotta figure out how to get it up on the site though).

my only dissapointment for the event is the time taken to exit the circuit and the island... what does it take to get the "blue line" working?

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)
Old 12 Mar 2013, 05:02 (Ref:3217337)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redesp View Post
Great weekend!!

Due to work and family commitments I didn't get to the track unitl 1pm Sunday.
Still had to pay full entry fee.. fair enough. When I asked if there was a discount as it was sunday afternoon I was told to "pull my head in and grow up"
luck my nanna doesn't have such a grumpy and bad attitude.

The racing was great.. got another pic of "Elvis" featuring his latest hit. (still gotta figure out how to get it up on the site though).

my only dissapointment for the event is the time taken to exit the circuit and the island... what does it take to get the "blue line" working?
One thing I've learnt over the years, is to never question the gate fee. The person in the hi-vis vest always gets more upset about it than you.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3217363)   #45
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
That is an awesome photo from billybanana. As I saw those two exit the final corner, I was wondering how good it'd look to be standing on the straight to get a photo of the finish. I wasn't expecting to see it uploaded.

Just some questions for clarification.

The Porsche 936 was the Le Mans winner?

Was the Matra a Le Mans winner?

The Sunoco Indycar sitting on display in the paddock. That's a Penske Mclaren for Mark Donahue? Would like some details.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3217414)   #46
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Actually, I wouldn't mind details of both Indycars as well.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3217543)   #47
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Fantastic day on Sunday, kicking myself for not going Saturday as well. Few cars that I missed out on seeing in action, notably LP in the Pantera. Spent too much time yapping to club members and missed some of what I wanted to see in the pits. Next time - BOTH days!

Link below to my pics from the day, bit of Nissan bias in the touring cars, but you get that , my nick is a clue.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=d15e19fc1a

Old 27 Mar 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3225460)   #48
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bit late in this thread but anyways...

I went Saturday.

Here a sample of my pics, someone might like a look...

http://s299.photobucket.com/user/HGM...storics%202013
Old 27 Mar 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3225708)   #49
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who cares how late you are, there's some good pics there HG
Old 28 Mar 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3225831)   #50
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some awesome shots in this thread.
Question for David.

With the Gp A and C cars running at the Lakeside event in July, has there been any interest from any of the Kiwis about coming over for a run? I know a few of you go over to the Festivals at Hampton each year so it would be nice to see some return the favour especially with the 8 Historic Muscle Cars coming over for the Trans Tasman Trans Am Challenge at the same Lakeside event.