Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 22 Feb 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2402068)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Prince Park Raceway

Fictional intro

Prince Park raceway is a circuit that died a death many years ago. The plans for its three possible layouts are shown Shown below.
The shortest Red circuit measured 2.61 miles (4.1km)
The intermediate Yellow Circuit measured 3.25 miles (5.2km)
The long Light Blue circuit measued 3.81 miles (6.1km)

One of the many reasons for the circuit falling out of use was it's length, the shortest circuit was too long for Club meetings. Another was the increasing safety concerns regarding the speeds of cars at the end of the 1000m (0.625 mile) straight, and finally the nail in its coffin was that condition of the bridge cross over.

Prince Park has however risen from the dead thanks to a reclusive multi-billionaire, who saw that such a circuit could could have a future. The key being a new section of track which reduces the overall length. The track now continues straight on at T2 into a new T2 which opens out into sweeping T3 which continually tightens as it rejoins the old track exiting onto the straight, this eliminates the "Lake Loop" (Turns 4 and 5) and creates 3 new layouts the shortest of which is now a perfect length for club meetings.

In addition to the new section of track, as part of bringing the circuit safety levels to up to F1 levels, the old bridge was totally demolished and replace by the new one. The 3 new layouts are shown below
The White Circuit Measures 1.89 miles (3.0km)
The Green Circuit Measures 2.45 miles (3.9km)
The Dark Blue Circuit Measures 3.1 miles (4.9km)

One thing the new owner did insist on was that the Lake Loop be brought up to standard as well so that all 6 possible layouts could be made available for either racing or testing.
The owner is currently enquiring into the feasibility of turning the Lake Loop into a 0.5-0.625 mile (0.8-1.0km) short Oval type circuit around the lake which could be linked to the back of the paddock and operated separately.

That ends the fiction, the layouts in plan view are shown here with other angles to follow in the next post.
As ususal comments, criticisms and possible edits are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Papa Short.jpg   Papa Inter.jpg   Papa Long.jpg  

Papa new Short.jpg   Papa new Inter.jpg   Papa new Longer.jpg  

Old 22 Feb 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2402072)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And here are a few Angles starting with the Standard top view without the coloured track layouts.

Oh and I should add my apologies to Bridge builders everywhere, as I know that length of span should probably have some sort of support structure. It's just too time consuming and doesn't show up very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Papa Complete.jpg   Papa lake.jpg   Papa new link.jpg  

Papa GP loop.jpg   Papa bridge.jpg  
Old 23 Feb 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2402138)   #3
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 2 comments.

#1 It's another of your outstanding designs.I wouldn't edit anything even if I had a new PC.

#2 Can you give me the phone number of the multi billionaire gentleman?
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2403423)   #4
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great as usual SBF. My favorite is the dark blue circuit (the bottom right one) and corners 4 through 15 make up a great section. Nothing to change here.

Last edited by Stig; 24 Feb 2009 at 20:18.
Old 28 Feb 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2405893)   #5
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, long time no talk!

I had a 2-week "break" because my work hours haven't allowed me to use the computer at all, which sucked!

BTW SBF, I love it love it love it!