Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Jun 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2889703)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 5 - Moto GP 2011, Catalunya

Moto GP is about to get really busy over the next few months with three races in June and three races in July. It all kicks off this weekend at Catalunya. Jorge Lorenzo leads the championship by 12 points over Casey Stoner. Dani Pedrosa is a further six points back, but more importantly, will be missing this round due to his collarbone injury. Which brings me to Marco Simoncelli, who was summoned in Spain for a talking to by race control. We shall see how he handles this weekend. I expect some chatter at the press conference.

In the lower categories, Bradl has a good lead in Moto 2 while Terol dominates 125.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2889926)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Pedrosa is definitely out?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2890031)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's what the reports are saying.

Since I don't see the Yamahas having the pace on this sort of circuit, I just don't see anyone stopping Stoner. Well, unless Simoncelli knocks him off...
Old 2 Jun 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2890047)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Elias gets a 2011 bike for thw weekend!

Remember when he was riding a factory bike for Gresini and getting beat by Nakano, at least this year Simoncelli is doing well on a factory bike!

Seems winning Moto2 does you favours. Or maybe it is pressure from Dorna to have hometown boy Elias up front as Pedrosa isnt there? I am betting the chassis used by Elias has been in a Repsol garage most of the year!

Shameful pro Spain rubbish! Let's see Crutchlow on a factory bike at Silverstone, Edwards on one at Laguna and Indy.

Makes me cross!!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2890092)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
The thing about Elias, if you read what he's saying, all he ever talks about is how the bike needs to change.

Try adapting to the bike Toni!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2890444)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With 17 bikes on the grid - everyone should have a factory bike!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2890538)   #7
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can i correct you as it is now down to 15 bikes as we just had another rider with a collarbone broken. I wish FIM would wake up and ask for replacemnt riders to be on stand by all the time!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2890583)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont really mind to be honest

MotoGP is a bit of a joke class after the top 6 anyway.

Would rather watch Superbikes any day, apart from the top few as I saty.

Dorna and the 800 rule annhialated Grand Prox racing, it's their biggest ever mistake and if it were not for Rossi GP racing would have crumbl;ed many years ago.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2891015)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Gotta be patriotic about Cal. Superb on a track he has never ridden on before. Only a few tenths off the factory boys.

Awesome stuff from Simoncelli too, think Stoner might have been playing!!
Old 4 Jun 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2891066)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well it's good to see him on pole but I don't think he will convert it to a win as he was on the ragged edge.
However it would be good to see a win from someone else tomorrow.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2891380)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well done Zarco .. what a last lap

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2891381)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what a ****** decisions ..
wtf .. this is getting worse than F1 in this kind of ****

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2891392)   #13
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if your referring to the 125 decision i agree! fark it seems that if you touch a spanish rider you get spanked.

Rossi has done much more agressive stuff over the years and is seen as a hero for it... so next time he leans on someone, will the red card be given?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:49 (Ref:2891419)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
it's not like he didn't get spanked from time to time ,, Philip Island .. Donington .. but to penalize hard moves like Zarcos today is OTT

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2891424)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Zarco put a Spaniard on the grass on the last bend in front of Spaish decision makers in a series run by Spaniards

What do you expect!!

Is Kenan going to get a retrospective ride thru for taking out Simon? I hope so
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2891528)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It looks like the team gave Simoncelli a "bit" of a "talking" to . And he must have listened !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Jun 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2892055)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Was wondering what happened on the last lap as i was watching live timing & Zarco had won, then hadnt???
Think all this sort of stuff is turning people of the Spaniards...

GO CASEY
Old 6 Jun 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2892257)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Race was dreadful to watch, but Stoner was class. Lorenzo hung in there for a while, but just couldn't keep pace. Simoncelli definitely rode tentative. Nice to see Spies get up front early and show that he can bag podiums.

Can't comment yet on 125 or Moto 2, but the penalty thing is getting silly.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2892316)   #19
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Ok, had a look at the moves in question. Zarco vs. Terol seemed avoidable. Pretty tough to say if it was intentional though. It was very similar to the Biaggi vs. Rossi move. Only that one wasn't on the last turn and didn't decide the race.

Sofuoglu vs. Simon was careless, but it was a racing incident. I guess it's under review.

How far can you go with this line of logic...
Old 7 Jun 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2892530)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Yeah just saw it on you-tube, Zarco probably did push Terol off track even though Terol was very wide anyway & Zarco was up the inside... 2nd race in a row Terol has been out foxed - disappointing result by the stewards to get involved!

Any news of what happened in the aftermath?
Old 7 Jun 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2892610)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The only issue I have with the Zarco thing is that it wsa the last bend of the last lap.

Perhaps the only real time when this kind of thing could go unpunished ar at the least dock the lad a place, not 5!!!

Biaggi/Rossi at Suzuka was in the early laps, hence why it was so bad in my eyes.

This was a last lap ballsy pass of the Jorge/Rossi ilk a few years back and should be applauded not penalized heavily.

Thanks Marcvo, for ruining racing by taking out a Spaniard! Stupid boy
Old 7 Jun 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2892697)   #22
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
This was a last lap ballsy pass of the Jorge/Rossi ilk a few years back and should be applauded not penalized heavily.
Well said, totally agree!