Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2002, 15:14 (Ref:222934)   #1
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadian Fans: SpeedVision Coverage

SpeedVision - now known as Speed Chanell will air live coverage of the F1 races and practice sessions. Last season, they didnt black the races out to my knowledge - so does anyone know if TSN will force SpeedVision (CH:48 here in Cogeco territory in Ontario) - to black the races or practice sessions etc this year?

If not, then it should be a blast to be able to watch the entire weekend live on Speed! It also means we can catch qualifying Live instead of tape delayed for Australia which is what TSN plans to do this year.

Anyway, can anyone shed any light on this? Will we be able to see F1 coverage on Speed in Ontario?

The story's here btw -
http://www.dailyf1.com/en/news/2002/february/26c.shtml
Old 26 Feb 2002, 16:40 (Ref:222968)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty sure we will. As you said, TSN didn't (or couldn't) black out F1 races last year on Speedvision. They do not have "exclusive" rights to the broadcasts, as far as I know.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 11:56 (Ref:223545)   #3
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The races and practices are not blackout in Canada. I check my Starchoice guide and it is playing
Old 27 Feb 2002, 13:55 (Ref:223640)   #4
Mania
Veteran

Yay !!!

So long Vic - Im not even goin close to TSN no more ! Wooo!
Old 1 Mar 2002, 03:32 (Ref:224922)   #5
DavyboyLT1
Racer

DavyboyLT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's 10:30 our time, and Speed channel's friday practice session is coming on soon. I used to watch TSN for Murray Walker's commentary. Now I'll check them both out and decide.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 12:23 (Ref:225077)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I watch both channels, because when one cuts to commercial I'll then switch to the other for uninterrupted coverage Only on occasion do they air commercials at the same time.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 1 Mar 2002, 14:15 (Ref:225162)   #7
Mania
Veteran

I thought the coverage on speed was awesome yesterday. Im looking forward to watching them throughout qualifying and the race today and tomorrow. I think they have an excellent commentary team this season as well with Rick adding big time to the broadcast. They`ve also cut down their commentary team from 5 to 3 which is the right way to go.

I may tune into TSN here and there but I dont like James Allen - he`s really irritating - plus I hate TSN's coverage. They cut away from the podium celebrations and dont even show the interviews on most occasions.

So I reckon Ill be sticking with Speed and tune into TSN just once in a while
Old 1 Mar 2002, 17:23 (Ref:225221)   #8
DavyboyLT1
Racer

Yeah, I agree. Speed looks like the way to go. I'm going to miss Murray "the talker" Walker. His emotional commentary (and frequent goofs) made even the parade lap worth watching. I just hope that they don't get into a battle over the airing rights like last year.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 21:05 (Ref:225374)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I like the british commentators on Speed, but that American idiot has got to go. That is the worst pronunciation of Villeneuve I have ever heard!
Old 3 Mar 2002, 03:00 (Ref:226320)   #10
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Inigo...absolutely! I don't quite know what his name is, but he should've been fired five minutes before he was hired. His announcing (and that HORRIBLE fuzz noise that he seems to make) gives the coverage the feeling of a college basketball game between two bad teams on ESPN2. I just can't stand him AT ALL!

Is there a way to get alternate commentary somewhere on the Net? (I'm in NJ, hence F1 is either on Speed or a paragraph blur in Monday's paper)

Thanks, Vic
Old 3 Mar 2002, 03:17 (Ref:226334)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm watching Speed because I like the complete coverage, but the announcers leave a lot to be desired. Not unlike Paul Page and Parker Johnstone when they used to broadcast Champ Cars.

Perhaps they'll pick up during the season. I hope.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 03:25 (Ref:226337)   #12
DavyboyLT1
Racer

I'm watching Speed. I didn't like the splitscreen with the curling on TSN at the start!
Old 3 Mar 2002, 03:30 (Ref:226344)   #13
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this guy can do is state the obvious. I think I kicked myself when he said something to the effect of "Why would he stick around and put the wheel back?" about Trulli.

D'oh