Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:12 (Ref:654344)   #1
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dry Your Eyes Terry!

Fronm todays Daily Telegraph, Sydney-7 July 2003

"Morris' roar of thunder

THE expensive world of V8 supercar racing is about to become even more expensive now that the millionaire owner Terry morris has called in the big wigs.

The Gold-Coast based Nemo Racing has issued writs on the governing body of the sport [TEGA] and a large number of racing teams.

Nemo owns the Sirromet Wines Race team and Morris' son Paul drives the car in the national series.

The dispute involves valuable franchises which give the teams the right to race around the tracks of Australia.

Nemo Racing has only a level 2 franchise and the writs suggest the team should be allowed to campaign as a higher Level 1 franchise.

Level 1 franchises get more from the V8 profit pie than the Level 2.

Each Level 1 licence is estimated to be worth $1 million, so there is clearly something worth fighting for. Nemo sources say they had expected to be elevated to level 1 status in 2001."

Im sure they expected to win the championship by now as well, after all he has more money than most.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:20 (Ref:654350)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Morris is a tightwad... he claimed somewhere that both he and Brad Jones were promised L1 franchises for moving into the Supercar field.... Jones bought his L1 fron Tony Longhurst for $100k, Morris bought his L2 for the cost of a set of Bridgestones....

Sell the L2 Morris, then buy Larko's L1, combine to be a 2 car team with current cars, each in different livery.... and stop keeping a QC on tap to fix your own lack of business acumen!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Jul 2003, 02:21 (Ref:654351)   #3
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onlooker [ ]
Racer

User Online
2 Jul 2003 15:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well take them to the supreme court,issue writs on all and sundry,freeze AVESCO accounts and demand one,or has that already been done?????????????????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really?????????

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 7 Jul 2003, 03:30 (Ref:654392)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good old Ray Kershler with a poofteenth of the truth rabbits on media speak suggesting Morris is in the right, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I bet he still has a load of Big Kev shares cluttering up his tax deduction file too
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:08 (Ref:654552)   #5
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there anyone in the sport that the Morris's haven't threatened to sue.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:25 (Ref:654564)   #6
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well ME, but we will give him a chance to read this thread, HUH?
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:39 (Ref:654577)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Good old Ray Kershler with a poofteenth of the truth rabbits on media speak suggesting Morris is in the right, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I bet he still has a load of Big Kev shares cluttering up his tax deduction file too
Hey lets not pick on Ray, I mean he is the expert on so many things at the Tele. I mean he is Lawn Bowls expert reporter, Fishings expert reporter and now V8's
Old 7 Jul 2003, 10:30 (Ref:654621)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This one got him in the business section, with Terry Morris dancing on some grapes, and a pic of SORFboy in his Sirromet car.....
Old 8 Jul 2003, 09:15 (Ref:655592)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee that Ray is a talented bloke............ Talented at what I am frigged if I know but it is certainly not as a Journo
Old 11 Jul 2003, 13:10 (Ref:658773)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
This one got him in the business section, with Terry Morris dancing on some grapes, and a pic of SORFboy in his Sirromet car.....
I take it that those grapes would've been sour.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 00:28 (Ref:661305)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just spent 2 1/2 weeks in NSW at Goulburn, it gave ea good chance to compare journalistic styles between Sydney and Melbourne - and have to say that all I kept seeing in the Tele were threats to people, extremely dodgey reporting with continuous muck-raking and snide comments everywhere.

So I guess if I take this into account when reading the Morris story - well they do go hand in hand with each other!