Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Nov 2003, 07:27 (Ref:795799)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another NZ team rumoured to be ready

Rumours of a new V8 Supercar team out of Papatoetoe in Auckland.
Not too sure on the details but someone must have them, as the sport usually leaks. Apparently, it seems that Ford is the way to go and the 00 Motorsport kit seems to be on the hot list. You have to hope that the buyer realises it comes excluding franchise, but you can't be sure.

Apparently one single individual is funding it outright and has several key personnel on his shopping list from various existing teams. Apparently this is a serious effort but it is unknown whether it receives backing from Ford NZ or not.

You have to wonder if the drivers will be Kiwis or not?
It sure adds another whole new pitch to the insanely silly season.

Hopefully the package performs similar to another Kiwi-owned Ford team

Watch this space??
Old 27 Nov 2003, 08:12 (Ref:795817)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be the rumoured entry of a kiwi driver in the Konica Series next year, with an Australian Co. that is expanding into NZ as it's possible sponsor.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 11:57 (Ref:795979)   #3
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is who I think it is ha ha ha. They will get a shock
Autobarn is the only company I can think of.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 12:21 (Ref:795997)   #4
rusky26
Rookie

rusky26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Another NZ team rumoured to be ready

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!

Hopefully the package performs similar to another Kiwi-owned Ford team
do you mean TMR ???
Old 27 Nov 2003, 12:29 (Ref:796010)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would love to know how anyone is going to buy 00 BA hardware when it is already spoken for and cash has changed hands...

And the rest of it sounds like a rehash of something produced each year around this time about a 'Kiwi Superteam' that never quite manages to get off the ground.

Its probably something along a similar line to the noise that Dynamik is converting to Ford....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Nov 2003, 22:32 (Ref:796487)   #6
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no real stand out talent in nz at the moment, not that could step into a supercar anyway. And I don't think nz could fund another supercar team. The best thing that could happen would be tmr puting some younge telent in his car.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 05:54 (Ref:796691)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pete 55 - I think you are referring to Kane Scott - the 6 times NZ Tranzam Champion. He is going Konica, but this sounded much bigger!

Jack Racer - Who are you thinking of? I am very new to forums, and am still sorting out the circus. Please message me if you don't it to appear on here.

GTR Magic-The man made famous by Brad Jones via the official Supercar website - What are you speaking of? A Kiwi Superteam? Wow, never heard about that one aye, mate!
Can you tell me more or message me please. I would love to know all the goss on that one. The rumour surfaces each year? Await your reply!!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 06:17 (Ref:796696)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What are you on about Just Do It! or should I say Fruity Kiwi Prince...? Interesting to note that in discussions with the Toyota mob at the 24hr weekend, that you are indeed famous on both sides of the ditch

As for the Superteam, each year there are murmurs that TKR is expanding, that there are new people over in UnZud with a chequebook looking to make someone a millionaire and take their team off their hands... it never happens in that manner. The only real Kiwi joining the series with any financial clout is Speedy Thexton, and his participation in the series will change significantly in 2004.

Other than that....
Old 28 Nov 2003, 06:22 (Ref:796697)   #9
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack racer
There is no real stand out talent in nz at the moment, not that could step into a supercar anyway. And I don't think nz could fund another supercar team. The best thing that could happen would be tmr puting some younge telent in his car.
I don't see the logic if another NZ based team was to start up cause it's quite obvious that TKR have been going backwards this season and are finding it tough to compete. I really believe that to fund a second NZ based supercar team won't help the cause, but they could fund a second car and driver for TKR as that may help.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 06:36 (Ref:796705)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR are having a year like SBR did a few years ago,what a co-incidence eh.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 28 Nov 2003, 06:43 (Ref:796716)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The silliness surrounding the GRM car at the start of the season didnt do this operation any favours. A switch to Neil Burns grunt was a help, but not the answer to a chassis that is past its used by date, and never really was a front runner in the hands of its previous owner....

That they are seriously contemplating updating this car to VY bodyshape is ludicrous
Old 28 Nov 2003, 07:09 (Ref:796738)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Might I return the question, GTR? Who? What Toyota mob? A mate who is involved in club racing told me about it. I am completely lost!