Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2007, 02:01 (Ref:1824292)   #1
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting info on Zytek and Creation at Sebring and beyond

An alumni at the school I go to is a Michelin tire engineer. He supports various teams in the ALMS. He sent me this PM on another forum after I asked him if he were going to be at Sebring this year. He mentioned that he would probably be supporting Zytek. I asked if he were sure they would be running and this is what he sent back to me:

Quote:
Pretty sure. I'd be stunned if they didn't do the whole season. According to my boss we will be supporting them, Audi, and probably Creation ( I think they are still running the 05 chassis) for the whole year. With Dyson out of LMP1, It would be a waste of time for Audi to show up if Zytek and Creation didn't.
Take that as you will but it seems like P1 could be very interesting this season
Old 24 Jan 2007, 02:35 (Ref:1824296)   #2
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good because the Autocon entry is very slow.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 02:50 (Ref:1824300)   #3
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last thing I saw was that they (Creation) might be doing just 4-5 races, not a full season.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 04:21 (Ref:1824319)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Different people are saying lots of very different things. I feel this one will be a definite wait-and-see. Even when plans are made, they change. Remember 2 full-season Konrad Saleens last year???
Old 24 Jan 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1824728)   #5
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Audi would run a full season even without competitors. Audi North America is chaning is marketing and advertsising. The R10 and the TDI power will be a large part of this marketing.

Even with a possible add saying something like "AUDI TDI Power Wins Sebring 12 hours AGAIN. Audi TDI The LEADER of the field." or some thing like that.

Even if there are no competitors in LMP1, Marketing ppl will spin it for advertising.

Audi sales are increasing on BMW and MBs here in the states. Audi wants to be the number one selling german Luxurey car sold in the US. The R10 will be big part of that program.