Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:08 (Ref:910922)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche 911 GT1

Whats that twirl or kind of a whine that it makes when you get off the gas?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:910938)   #2
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that'll be the turbos spinning or it could even be part of the drive train. Most likely the turbo's though. Beautiful sound aswell!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:38 (Ref:910952)   #3
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not just the 911 GT1. It's a great sound and no mistake, heard at it's best, in my opinion, exiting the Esses at LM, just before nailing it into Tetre Rouge. Add a little moonlight, a few shotgun noises and screams from the fairground in the distance, some mates and a cold beer, and you have a recipe the Roux brothers would be proud of. Probably the Marx brothers too.
H

Last edited by bigh; 19 Mar 2004 at 17:39.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:47 (Ref:910968)   #4
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very true! Either at the OLD esses at le mans or on the short squirt and point-foot to the floor job-from indianapolis to arnarge where they then brake hard and change down a few gears, there is very good. You can also hear the turbo's and the waste gates open when they nail it from arnarge! Very nice. The best car ive heard it on though has to be the toyota gt1-lm from '99. twin turbo v8 popping and banging and whining!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 17:50 (Ref:910972)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Music to my ears -as bigh says, its all part of the atmosphere. Just add a merguez sandwich (and a plastic glass of shampoo for me), and its just about perfection.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:28 (Ref:918276)   #6
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Mosport in 01 and sitting in turn 1 watching the Canada GT cars and at first I thought it was the brakes because of the way it sounded.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:39 (Ref:918286)   #7
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a CD you can (or could?) pick up at the circuit, it's called Mechanique Symphonie, or something similar. I bought a copy a few years back, and it's great fun. Basically it's just the sound of cars going round a track, some LM, some others. There is a cockpit recording of the Bugatti EB110 going around LM, this car had four turbos, and you can hear them whistling and spinning away as he goes up and down the gears. Great stuff.
If I remember correctly, there is also a recording of a Peugeot 905 engine on a test bed at max revs, you can hear the thing resonating as it's peaking out, incredible. The Fi ferrari circulating along with the sound of cicades chirping in the background as he guns the box is also errr.. inspiring.
Breaks the ice at parties...
H

Last edited by bigh; 24 Mar 2004 at 19:39.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:57 (Ref:918303)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There is also a kind of sucking sound which I think is the turbo waste gate . Very charecteristic of Porsche !