Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Dec 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3786545)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa Six Hours

The legend that is the Spa 6hrs race for FIA pre ‘66 saloons and GTs. Usually attracts well over 100 entries and lots of British spectators.....

Also includes-
Motor Racing Legends: Pre-War Sports Cars; Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy; Stirling Moss Trophy;

Masters grids x 5.

HSCC closed wheel combined grid.

Formula Junior.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3798612)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Confirmation of our 6hr entry received this morning! Will be in the Morgan +4 again with it’s owner Simon, and Rick. Hoping that spinning GT40’s find someone else to hit this time..... Surely lightning can’t strike twice!
Old 5 Feb 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3798797)   #3
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should know better than to tempt fate like that Mike! 😲
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Feb 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3798810)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
You should know better than to tempt fate like that Mike! ��
I’m going to volunteer to do the graveyard shift, by when most of the big guns will have retired......
Old 6 Feb 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3799016)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck, I'm unable to fit the meeting in this year.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3799270)   #6
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just received an email showing that the 1 hr race has been dropped from the 6 hr meeting and moved to the Spa classic meeting in June, which is a great shame as that clashes with AMOC at Brands .
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3799273)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes I received that too.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3799276)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, I’ve just seen that Rikki. The race we still consider ‘Barrie’s Race’ is now scheduled for the Spa Summer Classic. As you say, it will not work for some, unfortunately.
Old 8 Feb 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3799482)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
So the only 'budget' access point to the 6hr meeting is the HSCC ?
Old 8 Feb 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3799609)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What about the Pre War Sports car race!

Only real cars at the place.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3800898)   #11
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are in :-) The highlight of every season as far as I am concerned. The pace was very good last year so hopefully we can get a fairly straight run at it this time around. That is unless my illustrious codriver manages to incur another drive-through penalty ;-)
Old 14 Feb 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3801246)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Almost . . . . not sure I could afford to buy one if I traded the Cortina though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
What about the Pre War Sports car race!

Only real cars at the place.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3844047)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The provisional entry list is out. Only 15 GT40s.....
Attached Thumbnails
D9C6A72B-8A69-400F-BCC4-A22385EEC1AA.png   DAE4850F-8B60-437C-BF81-629732319A85.png  
Old 16 Aug 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3844054)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Blimey. Only 15? Is this a record?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3844066)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Some of them are probably being restored, or failed their first MOT
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3844071)   #16
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fewer and fewer tiddlers entered.... shame
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3844074)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
We've been saying the same for years.

I remember Cortina, Alfas and minis, even the Maskells in an Anglia. My customer with a G4 won't do it now, It all started with the ban on SR's and the exchange rate meaning a septic tank was cheaper than a Lada riva!

I think we suggested before, perhaps a sub 1600 or 1500cc, 3 hr enduro earlier in the day. Let the sports racers back in, they only have FJ engines in them after all!

Quote:
Old 17 Aug 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3844144)   #18
Terenceb
Rookie

Terenceb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Possibly lost interest due to the GT40 Owners club taking over last year?
Old 17 Aug 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3844162)   #19
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still a great event to watch, the atmosphere during the build up to and during the six-hour race is superb - no matter what the weather. But I know what you mean about the GT40s.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3844164)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
It's still a great event to watch, the atmosphere during the build up to and during the six-hour race is superb - no matter what the weather. But I know what you mean about the GT40s.
Even when not been entered in the 6hrs, I've still been drawn to watch it as much as possible. From trackside if dry, and from the brasserie (or someone's hospitality ) if otherwise.... The atmosphere is pretty special.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3844173)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Even when not been entered in the 6hrs, I've still been drawn to watch it as much as possible. From trackside if dry, and from the brasserie (or someone's hospitality ) if otherwise.... The atmosphere is pretty special.
Yes I still think this is the big event for me in the year . In the wet you can mix it with the GT40,s great fun . Probably annoying hey WTF. 😀😀😀
Old 17 Aug 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3844177)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
It is the best event annually, for the atmosphere and actual racing, quantity and quality, and of course the natural setting

Although I miss the service sheds for refreshments/snacks.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3844184)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I still miss it when I don't go and this year is one of those years.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3848440)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We have deciddd to take large truck to Spa next week as our usual transport people are not doing it for first time in twenty years
Have a space if anyone wants it!
The best annual event and stacks of interest on here
Ten years ago more pages filled than there are replies this year
The world changes
VSCC specials let into Pre War race and threetake up the offer
Unusual times!
Old 6 Sep 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3848441)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
A lot of discussion, these days happens on Facebook and Twitter. It's the same across the forum.

That said I hope the weekend is successful for everyone, I miss it every time I can't be there.