Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 18 Jul 2020, 06:40 (Ref:3989170)   #1
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sequential vs Handling

Not sure about the Title but here I go. Here in Australia (actually Tasmania) I'm taking the liberty of upgrading a few things on my DC5 Integra while 'Miss Corona is at play'. Have purchased a new Holinger 6 Spd Sequential and a few other goodies to go on the car also. My Question is this - "With the advent of the Sequential I'm wondering what suspension changes alterations might crop up?" Also I'm having a Emtron Electronics Package put in. A Hydraulic Handbrake. A new Fuel Cell. New Seat / Harness / Hans Device. Plus I'm looking at Lowering Deck Trailers - whoa baby are they dear or what. Anyway back to the handling changes if expected. Presently the car is well sorted and has won four Championships on the trot. Honda is used for Hill Climbs, Time Attack and Super Sprint days (SS are short 3 to 5 lap races) so racing on coldish tyre's is the norm. Any questions please ask away. Suggestions speculation, fire away as I'm not sure what to expect apart from watching a couple U-Tube video's and those cars are RWD and AWD not FWD, that's all the info I have.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3989228)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You are wondering what might happen to the handling from fitting a different gearbox?
I would have thought very little. I presume there is no significant weight difference, and it is probably within the wheelbase anyway. It is probably more about the disruption during a change (lock ups under braking, weight transfer, …)
However I presume the gearchanges will be nicer/easier so if you do ever change when the car is near the limit it may stop the car being unsettled as much. Or it might encourage you to change mid corner more?
Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3989915)   #3
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changing mid corner - hmmm not sure about that. But Holinger said 'acceleration is now maximized thru the gearing and the diff / final ratio's (they've) chosen'. Lets talk about the Diff. Currently the car runs a 1.5 and Holinger said to put in 1 way. So, I'm assuming that will change things. I'm just not sure what to expect from the Diff type change........ I know the gearing will be better. They have seen the data and 1st and 2nd are pretty much a waste of time unless I'm sticking it on the trailer.