Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4131602)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2022: Gold Coast 500

Return of the supercars back to the land of meter maids, the white shoe brigade and beautiful beaches!

Will SVG continue on his winning way?
Old 27 Oct 2022, 23:32 (Ref:4131690)   #2
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes
Old 28 Oct 2022, 04:09 (Ref:4131708)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9x S5000's?
Seriously..?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Oct 2022, 04:18 (Ref:4131709)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, Boost Mobile seems to be supporting off-tract activation for their brand
Free hats for every school kid visitor to the circuit is a good start
branded helicopters
branded promotional staff

Not sure whether they have a technical site to migrate from existing carriers to new ones... which would be a next logical step...
Old 28 Oct 2022, 05:47 (Ref:4131711)   #5
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a shame only 9 S5000’s for the weekend, they eliminate a few on Saturday, so Sunday grid’s will be small.

Perhaps they could combine them with the stadium trucks and super utes !
Old 29 Oct 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4131933)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG Masterclass.

Great days racing, no one binned it ..... however theres always Sunday

Kudos to Cam for finishing where he did after his spin !

Davey great result
Old 30 Oct 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4132026)   #7
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Bit of a shame only 9 S5000’s for the weekend, they eliminate a few on Saturday, so Sunday grid’s will be small.

Perhaps they could combine them with the stadium trucks and super utes !
All credit to the S5000 drivers.

Started with 9 cars and 9 cars could be driven on to the transporter at the end of the meeting.

Strangely it took the commentators to lap 5 of the second race to mention the introduction of "push top pass".
Old 30 Oct 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4132047)   #8
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG Kudos to the drivers who grabbed extinguishers to try put the fire out on the BJR Car. Sorry if I offend anyone here but amazes me that some fire marshalls seem to be way too slow or too scared to get near a fire. (from my observations on the tv)

SVG Another master class, too good for this level

Larko take on everything is brilliant.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4132061)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
OMG Kudos to the drivers who grabbed extinguishers to try put the fire out on the BJR Car. Sorry if I offend anyone here but amazes me that some fire marshalls seem to be way too slow or too scared to get near a fire. (from my observations on the tv)

SVG Another master class, too good for this level

Larko take on everything is brilliant.
Agree and concur on all three points.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 06:07 (Ref:4132141)   #10
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
As has been stated every time something like this happens, noone is allowed onto the track until cleared by Race Control. The firies may have been standing in a wall gap, extinguishers in hand, waiting for the "GO" call, but they aren't allowed to deploy before that. It certainly isn't through fear or lack of wanting to go and do their job, that is for sure.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4132154)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Question to ask.. why did Mr Percat have to go into Mr Jones’ car to pull the firebomb?
Old 16 Nov 2022, 03:08 (Ref:4133905)   #12
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally got around to watching the Ch7 highlights on the weekend, there was a brief shot of the big pileup followed by and ad break, and barely any mention of it afterwards - very strange.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4133910)   #13
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Finally got around to watching the Ch7 highlights on the weekend, there was a brief shot of the big pileup followed by and ad break, and barely any mention of it afterwards - very strange.
Just a piece of incompetent and lazy editing.I once watched the 1 hour highlights of a 200k Supercar race at Phillip Island and found it incomprehensible due to bizarre editing and the sections of the race they had cut out.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 00:29 (Ref:4133983)   #14
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Just a piece of incompetent and lazy editing.I once watched the 1 hour highlights of a 200k Supercar race at Phillip Island and found it incomprehensible due to bizarre editing and the sections of the race they had cut out.
I think it must be a very basic editing process, with no thought given to telling the story of the race or any extra voiceover - the sort of thing that used to be done by a junior commentator for example.