Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2641829)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[V8SC10R05&06] Clipsal 500, Adelaide Parklands

A brave man or woman would bet against the 888 rollercoaster on the streets of Adelaide...

Will HRT recreate some kind of form and let Mr Tander skirt the front of the field on merit again, to offer competition to the new-to-Holden silver bullets?

Frosty to win?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Feb 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2641837)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Giz, went 6 and 13 last year, but has shown this year he can run at the front, perhaps Jamie will have some competition.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2641862)   #3
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Traffic. Safety cars. Steven Richards. Anything can happen...

It'll be Frosty for mine.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2641870)   #4
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's had to go past Whincup atm, but watch out for Courtney. Also Ingall he loves a street fight.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2641882)   #5
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
but watch out for Courtney
Would be odds on to end up in the wall, in 3 out of 4 appearances he has incurred enough damage to need to move to a spare car for the next event.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2641888)   #6
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, exhibition races out of the way and now time for the real round 1 at one of the best events on the calender.

Predictions

1st: Whincup

2nd: Daylight

3rd: either Frosty, Tander, Giz or Lowndes.

Fingers crossed SBR improve on the last 2 rounds.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2641893)   #7
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick has won here before, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up on the podium at least, if not the top of it. Just gotta avoid the trouble magnets (you know the ones I mean, S Richards, T Kelly and *I hate to say it* Brighty).
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2641902)   #8
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whincup
Winterbottom
Courtney

But you would think HRT will get their act together for at least 1 or 2 events this year so they are the roughies.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2641903)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
It'll be SO good to watch it (nearly) live after the last two weekends! Looking forward to a great weekend's racing.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2641909)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
It'll be SO good to watch it (nearly) live after the last two weekends! Looking forward to a great weekend's racing.
exactly and good to have them "home".

Whincup is in fine touch atm, SBR seem strong ditto Frosty, Rick seems to have abit of pace. i believe PMM will get stronger with 2 888 VE's in the stable, Courtney will be quick if he keeps it off the walls this year, will HRT find their mojo again???

the season starts now IMO.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2642370)   #11
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon it will be between whincup or courtney to win,hell they will each win a race each.The Gis will be on the podium again
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2642399)   #12
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as it hurts to type it and would hurt to see it, but I think The Giz will give Whincup a run for his money and possibly take one of the races.

Craig will have a better weekend, Winterbottom will have an average weekend, Rick will get some more podiums, Tander will have to start building his own bridge to get over his slump, Steve Richards future will further be questioned and Skaife will further his chances of winning an endurance race with T8 by doing another 5 laps in a Fujitsu GRM Commodore.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2642401)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm wondering when FPR will get their act together and have BPB actually take someone out that will then benefit Frosty!!

In no particular order my top 5
Frosty
JC
Whincup
RK
vGiz
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2642406)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Skaife will further his chances of winning an endurance race with T8 by doing another 5 laps in a Fujitsu GRM Commodore.
Lets say unlikely:

Quote:
“The rules are the rules, and they say your drivers can’t have laps other than what is stipulated in the regulations. It’s pretty simple – very open and shut,” said Fujitsu Racing’s team owner Garry Rogers.

“I understand the necessity of the promotion for television, but they’ve got Mark Larkham and Neil Crompton as commentators who are both very capable drivers. I can see the promotion opportunities for this, and I think we should do more of that for the business, but you can’t have one set of rules applied to one group, and another set applied to another group.

“Clearly he shouldn’t be able to get laps – not anymore than anyone else should, and that’s the rules. The fact is, no driver who is competing in the championship should be allowed to do anymore miles than anyone else, regardless of what car they are driving.”
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/03/...ife-tv-drives/
Old 1 Mar 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2642584)   #15
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Garry. Hope he brings the 200+ watches he bought from Bahrain - will make a very tidy profit indeed. Hope to see Leethal and Robbo inside the Top 10 in Adelaide, would love to see Ricko or W-Davo take the top step if it ain't one of the Fujitsu boys.
Only major drama (or maybe Frosty???) will stop JW taking his 5th and 6th wins of the season.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 1 Mar 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2642610)   #16
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A brave man or woman would bet against the 888 rollercoaster
Don't rollercosters go up and down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
Rick has won here before, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up on the podium at least, if not the top of it. Just gotta avoid the trouble magnets (you know the ones I mean, S Richards, T Kelly and *I hate to say it* Brighty).
Todd Kelly makes one mistake in his career and now he's a trouble magnet? He's one of the cleanest drivers in the field.

S Richards isn't a trouble magnet, he's a loose cannon.
"Oh boy, someones trying to pass me, better take em out!" *bang* goes the steering arm, or alternatively, entire front end of car.
"Oh boy, I can't pass someone, better take em out!" *bang* goes the b-pillar

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2642687)   #17
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
S Richards isn't a trouble magnet, he's a loose cannon.
"Oh boy, someones trying to pass me, better take em out!" *bang* goes the steering arm, or alternatively, entire front end of car.
"Oh boy, I can't pass someone, better take em out!" *bang* goes the b-pillar
He's the new Paul Morris.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2642848)   #18
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really bothered who wins at Clipsal... Just get them back racing in OZ, where they belong...
Old 2 Mar 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2643039)   #19
toby
Rookie

toby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 did a fabulous job in the Middle East, but it will be interesting to see how their cars handle the lumps and bumps of the aussie circuits instead of the billiard table smooth circuit OS.

Stiil hard to go past them though. But surely some of the luck the other teams have had has to change for the better soon.

My opinion of the Middle east races - B-O-R-I-N-G.

Those circuits are fabulous for F1 but V8 Supercars, I don't think so.
When was the last time we have had 4 for races without 1 safety car ( and I am not saying that safety cars make the races interseting).
Old 2 Mar 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2643062)   #20
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Todd Kelly makes one mistake in his career and now he's a trouble magnet? He's one of the cleanest drivers in the field.
Only one?

RotorFan, you must be Neil Crompton in disguise!

Old 3 Mar 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2643728)   #21
Bradley
Rookie

Bradley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Tander and Davison will be on the top 3 if not 1-2 they are on a track they know, have a good history at and will get in the extended track time again? Even if they don't you'll probably find the red mist / horns/ claws will be out with those boys...
Old 3 Mar 2010, 01:58 (Ref:2643739)   #22
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only Tander doing the extra 80mins.

The Practice 1 & 2
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2644532)   #23
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The big thing here will be DATA. Everyone has it, but 888 dont have it on the Holden, so will take some adjusting I think. I dont think we will head the expression "the car was quick straight out of the truck!" from them.

I expect a bit of a resurgence from HRT, they cant run like crap all year, and this may be at the expense of CL, as JW is teflon when it comes to incidents (see pit lane crashes). I actually expect some holden runners to step out in front of Fords now that the Fords are down the back of the pit lane.

My tip:
Frosty, JC, Giz and Jnr Johnson to fill up the 10 from the Ford camp, possibly Alex Davo as well. Usual suspects from Holden as well, but perhaps better results for GRM while HRT and 888 hold a personal battle, BJR to do nothing as per usual, despite Brightys best efforts.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2644533)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One wonders whether we will see a lot more carnage this weekend with the walls so close... Everyone was pretty well behaved OS!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 02:40 (Ref:2644540)   #25
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
One wonders whether we will see a lot more carnage this weekend with the walls so close... Everyone was pretty well behaved OS!
Pedders may offer to pony up some money to the 1st car to bring out the entertainm.. cough err... safety car so they get the most from their sponsorship