Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 2022, 21:32 (Ref:4128002)   #1401
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not familiar with that circuit.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 03:32 (Ref:4128013)   #1402
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not familiar with that circuit.
Ooop North (Spain) ..... Not too far from the French border about 60 klms inland South / South East from Bilbao .

A bit of info https://youtu.be/Tr8-1Er2CH0

https://www.circuitodenavarra.com/
Old 1 Oct 2022, 06:19 (Ref:4128018)   #1403
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Didn’t they buy an ex French Air Force base a few years ago in N France, with the intention of turning it in to a “French Bedford”? Not sure what happened to that plan?
Old 1 Oct 2022, 06:20 (Ref:4128019)   #1404
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Had a 2.5 LWB V6 from Ford at Tyrrell. Fitted with overdrive and a sort of mechanical anti-lock system for the rear brakes. Plus the diesel front.

Somewhere around the 15k miles mark one of the senior team guys drove it back from the Spanish GP, towing and well loaded, over night in order to get a full extra prep day before the next race and the DFVs back to Cosworth for their refresh.

Unfortunately to do that had had filled up the tank and some jerry cans with regular, not great quality at the time, petrol in Spain. Then driven it flat out for about 1200 miles. I seem to recall that the things was absolutely covered in a fine red sand as well and the air filter looked dreadful when someone finally got around to looking at it.

It sounded a bit rough for the rest of its life, though as far as I can remember there was never any serious rebuild for the engine. It never seemed quite a peppy after that trip.
Did you work at Tyrrell, Grant?
Old 1 Oct 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4128054)   #1405
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
My tow vehicle in the late 60s early 70s was a Ford Anglia Van with a 1650cc engine/heavy rear springs and big bump stops, we used to go all over the UK and continent towing a two wheeled trailer and spares/fuel/ camping gear etc. This was before any train weight towing regs were implemented. Never had any trouble getting in a "tank slapper" as with all the gear we took with us probably weighed more than the trailer and car. I was often on a driving ban for speeding back then and my mate used to drive me to the meetings with his girlfriend sitting on my lap as there wasn't any room in the back.
Anyway, with this gorgeous long blonde haired "bird" sitting on my lap for miles we got to know each other "rather well" and we have been together ever since
This is us now 50 plus years laterClick image for larger version

Name:	2021.png
Views:	7
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	76290

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 1 Oct 2022 at 11:46.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Oct 2022, 19:04 (Ref:4129051)   #1406
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I see a Morgan SLR competing at Estoril, not a surprise, but the tema's names are different. Has the Emberson's car been sold?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4129059)   #1407
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I see a Morgan SLR competing at Estoril, not a surprise, but the tema's names are different. Has the Emberson's car been sold?
The red one is competing as its on a livestreamed onboard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mU9CBElFgU&t=1070s
Old 7 Oct 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4129067)   #1408
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
The red one is competing as its on a livestreamed onboard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mU9CBElFgU&t=1070s
It is the orebi gann slr red one albeit being driven by Billy Bellinger, the emberson silver one is not here this weekend
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Oct 2022, 05:03 (Ref:4129116)   #1409
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for info.

Seems not everything's going well in Portugal, right? Engine or gearbox? A mate "just" lost the damper pulley of his D Type. Not the kind of part you can find easily…But yhey can make it with a Giulia in spite of an oil leak coming from the gearbox mainshaft. Not the easiest to reach… You know those days!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 06:15 (Ref:4129129)   #1410
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Thanks for info.

Seems not everything's going well in Portugal, right? Engine or gearbox? A mate "just" lost the damper pulley of his D Type. Not the kind of part you can find easily…But yhey can make it with a Giulia in spite of an oil leak coming from the gearbox mainshaft. Not the easiest to reach… You know those days!
Yes issue with noisy transmission for us in free practice, so swapped it out for the spare for quali. Car went well in quali though, so the hard work was worth it!

First time we have been to Estoril….we are massively out gunned…..we just cannot compete with the power of the cobra’s and e types in this series anymore, and there are now far fewer smaller capacity cars entering that we can race against. Great shame!
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Oct 2022, 07:17 (Ref:4129137)   #1411
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Estoril has always been a great circuit in a great location. Even with the modifications in the late 90s it still looks a fun circuit
Old 8 Oct 2022, 07:58 (Ref:4129145)   #1412
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Yes issue with noisy transmission for us in free practice, so swapped it out for the spare for quali. Car went well in quali though, so the hard work was worth it! First time we have been to Estoril….we are massively out gunned…..we just cannot compete with the power of the cobra’s and e types in this series anymore, and there are now far fewer smaller capacity cars entering that we can race against. Great shame!
The long straight is faster than Dijon's, whatever the car. Have a look to the max speeds achieved and you'll see that a Mini or even an MG B can be damn fast. Not that I'm suspicious…

Have fun its really a fantastic track!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:01 (Ref:4129146)   #1413
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Et pendant ce temps, a Dijon pour la Motor's Cup. Seems that the pair Bob/ Iain has not an easy day so far, lap times are not what they use to make. Hope the race will be better!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4129147)   #1414
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
356, I see that a well known 26R had all its times deleted due to track limits. You know French, when they exaggerate they use a big spoon (plaisanterie typique).
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:17 (Ref:4129149)   #1415
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The long straight is faster than Dijon's, whatever the car. Have a look to the max speeds achieved and you'll see that a Mini or even an MG B can be damn fast. Not that I'm suspicious…

Have fun its really a fantastic track!
It is indeed a fantastic track. Only ever went there once, for DTM/ITC in '95 or '96. Vowed I would return one day but not done so yet.

Some great places to eat & drink down on the coast too.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:26 (Ref:4129151)   #1416
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tout a fait d'accord, nous avions nos habitudes dans un restaurant ouvrier sur la place, spécialité de coquelets grillés, frais, bon et pas cher. Avec des tables de dix mètres de long. On the track, our best target was the local escola de conducao drivers. They know the place!
Old 8 Oct 2022, 09:17 (Ref:4129160)   #1417
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apologies for the long post, but I got this e mail today.

Geachte heer/mevrouw,

We hebben uw informatieaanvraag ontvangen, waarvoor onze dank.
Wij zullen zo spoedig mogelijk contact met u opnemen.

Naam Randi Bronner Organisatie Mobiel Email petermallett@btinternet.com Opmerkingen Your Site Has Been Hacked PLEASE FORWARD TH?*S EMAiL TO SOMEONE ?*N YOUR COMPANY WHO iS ALLOWED TO MAKE ?*MPORTANT DEC?*S?*ONS! We have hacked your webs?*te https://www.mallettracing.co.uk and extracted your databases. How d?*d this happen? Our team has found a vulnerab?*lity with?*n your s?*te that we were able to exploit. After f?*nding the vulnerab?*lity we were able to get your database credentials and extract your entire database and move the ?*nformat?*on to an offshore server. What does this mean? We will systemat?*cally go through a ser?*es of steps of totally damaging your reputat?*on. F?*rst your database w?*ll be leaked or sold to the h?*ghest b?*dder wh?*ch they will use w?*th whatever the?*r ?*ntentions are. Next if there are e-mails found they w?*ll be e-ma?*led that their informat?*on has been sold or leaked and your site https://www.mallettracing.co.uk was at fault thusly damag?*ng your reputation and having angry customers/assoc?*ates with whatever angry customers/assoc?*ates do. Lastly any l?*nks that you have indexed ?*n the search eng?*nes will be de-indexed based off of blackhat techniques that we used in the past to de-?*ndex our targets. How do ?* stop this? We are will?*ng to refra?*n from destroying your s?*te’s reputat?*on for a small fee. The current fee ?*s $3000 ?*n b?*tcoins (BTC). Please send the bitcoin to the following Bitcoin address (Make sure to copy and paste): 3EAY6MUwR1vWY2G9krjVP9RABTXiwR9m7f Once you have paid we will automat?*cally get ?*nformed that ?*t was your payment. Please note that you have to make payment with?*n 5 days after receiving th?*s e-ma?*l or the database leak, e-mails d?*spatched, and de-?*ndex of your site W?*LL start! How do ?* get Bitco?*ns? You can eas?*ly buy b?*tcoins v?*a several websites or even offl?*ne from a Bitcoin-ATM. What if ?* don’t pay? if you dec?*de not to pay, we will start the attack at the indicated date and uphold ?*t unt?*l you do, there’s no counter measure to this, you will only end up wasting more money try?*ng to f?*nd a solution. We will completely destroy your reputat?*on amongst google and your customers. Th?*s is not a hoax, do not reply to this ema?*l, don’t try to reason or negot?*ate, we w?*ll not read any repl?*es. Once you have pa?*d we w?*ll stop what we were do?*ng and you w?*ll never hear from us aga?*n! Please note that B?*tcoin ?*s anonymous and no one will f?*nd out that you have compl?*ed. code-code jobhot Met vriendelijke groet,

Jobhotel

Disclaimer

1. This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.

2. If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please notify the sender [via e-mail] immediately. This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. Jobhotel does not guarantee that the information sent and/or received by or with this e-mail is correct and does not accept any liability for damages related thereto.

I rather like the legalese about privilege etc. Since they and I are not lawyers, privilege doesn't count.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4129166)   #1418
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Et pendant ce temps, a Dijon pour la Motor's Cup. Seems that the pair Bob/ Iain has not an easy day so far, lap times are not what they use to make. Hope the race will be better!
Live timing: https://www.its-live.net/#/live/cmc/2022/dijon

qualy result https://www.its-live.net/#/live/cmc/2022/dijon/28
Old 8 Oct 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4129221)   #1419
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha ben voila, c'est un Rosbif vivant aux antipodes qui nous donne les liens pour une épreuve de Dijon! On aura tout vu, ici… A quand la recette du pot au feu, pour aller avec la moutarde achetée par Max?
Old 8 Oct 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4129222)   #1420
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Are you ready, 356? Dad will start the race I guess. Its the first time I notice the average lap time on the timing sheet.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4129245)   #1421
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob and Iain finishers, 22th, Lamberts very fast finsihing 18th. 24 classifieds, I wonder what happened to Iain they had 5 pit stops.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4129267)   #1422
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All in all a good weekend for the Stephen's team, finishing 26th.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 19:08 (Ref:4129274)   #1423
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that the Trophees de Bourgogne weekend? We raced there a few times in the FISC MG racing days

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Oct 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4129318)   #1424
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
All in all a good weekend for the Stephen's team, finishing 26th.
Will certainly take that!
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Oct 2022, 06:29 (Ref:4129405)   #1425
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got this from Iain this morning.

Morning Pete . I've lost my password for tenths . Can you post for me . Thanks .

Elite going well. Me and Dr Bob happy with steady 1 min 48. Lap times. 2 secs off MGB which is where I recon we should be. Dr Bob started and did double stint. All going well then after 45 min came in with puncture. Quick wheel swop and if he went. I took over on the hour mark. Couple of laps then noticed oil pressure fluctuating did another lap just to make sure I was not seeing things but sure enough with the Dijon curves and elevation change I was correct. Pit stop for oil. Checked level and it was fine but another half litre made all the difference. I went out for a few more laps to last pit window and Robert then brought the little car home. Very happy and I had forgot what a superb track Dijon was.

After last weekend at Spa this week was a joy. No issues on track with faster cars and everyone was happy.

Looking forward to getting home after over two weeks away and it's getting jolly cold sleeping in the back of the van.

Silverstone next weekend so nice and local.

Best wishes to all.

Iain
Closed Thread