Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4133493)   #26
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't say it wasn't pure - it's perfectly pure. And it's more pure than having a big button to open a hole in your car to go faster, for example. I just don't think that for a series which (generally) struggles for overtaking and one team dominating, that the best thing to do for deciding a race start is to let them race and let the fast cars get to the front then start at the front.

I'm fine with a Sprint race. I just think it should be a separate thing to the GP. Want to do something mad? Sprint race is half points. Qualifying decides the GP grid. Reverse qualifying sets the Sprint grid. That'll get you some action and force some overtakes.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4133498)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, Akrapovic. I didn't mean to imply you had said it wasn't pure. I was more making a comparison with qualifying, something often termed as a pure event - fuel load down, engine turned up, flat out, driver on their own - no team egging them on or fellow drivers to race against. But I just felt that the sprint was a valid precursor to the Grand Prix.

I also understand from what you said that you think there is less chance of anomalies in grid position in terms of speed when you have a sprint than when you have qualifying, and that is not so good for an exciting Grand Prix. I'm not sure that's the case, given that precisely because Formula 1 doesn't always provide so many overtaking opportunities, quicker cars may still end up 'out of position' on the grid for the Grand Prix.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4133499)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just never saw a good reason to introduce them in the first place, there was and still is nothing wrong with qualifying
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4133505)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's true. There is nothing wrong with qualifying per se. Doesn't mean sprint races are bad either. Maybe that's why we now have a mixture. And because there are few of them, they are more like specials.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4133511)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just never saw a good reason to introduce them in the first place, there was and still is nothing wrong with qualifying

Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4133512)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sorry, Akrapovic. I didn't mean to imply you had said it wasn't pure. I was more making a comparison with qualifying, something often termed as a pure event - fuel load down, engine turned up, flat out, driver on their own - no team egging them on or fellow drivers to race against. But I just felt that the sprint was a valid precursor to the Grand Prix.

I also understand from what you said that you think there is less chance of anomalies in grid position in terms of speed when you have a sprint than when you have qualifying, and that is not so good for an exciting Grand Prix. I'm not sure that's the case, given that precisely because Formula 1 doesn't always provide so many overtaking opportunities, quicker cars may still end up 'out of position' on the grid for the Grand Prix.
Ah totally fair, my bad!

Quote:
Qualifying is great. But I don't mind more racing. I just think it can be better thought out.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 18:11 (Ref:4133513)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Danny Rics F1 career can't end soon enough.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4133514)   #33
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What is happening with Stroll? He may get a lot of criticism for being a pay driver, but I've never seen him as a dangerous driver prior to Austin. Now two out of 3 GPs he does a dangerous move. When Gasly is close to a race ban for lesser things, it does make you wonder if the FIA are focusing on the right drivers
I think Stroll has flashes of speed, but I think the behavior we saw with Vettel's pass attempt is not out of the ordinary.

I liked Vettel's radio comment of "ok".

As for today, Daniel making sure any opportunities at Haas are fully closed.

Richard
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:04 (Ref:4133516)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Danny Rics F1 career can't end soon enough.
Exactly that. That was a GARBAGE move with less than zero percent chance of doing anything other than causing a wreck. That's a just park his ass and let someone else learn the car. If that costs Haas millions
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4133517)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think Stroll has flashes of speed, but I think the behavior we saw with Vettel's pass attempt is not out of the ordinary.

I liked Vettel's radio comment of "ok".

As for today, Daniel making sure any opportunities at Haas are fully closed.

Richard
All I could think of was Vettel thinking ah, ok so that's how it's gonna be
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4133518)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Im watching about 30 minutes behind but what the hell this afternoon? Absolutely junk racing today

Uhhh, Lewis that's on you. He had the run on you big time and you crushed him
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4133519)   #37
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
All I could think of was Vettel thinking ah, ok so that's how it's gonna be
Exactly. I thought the "ok" response was much better than a rant.

I have no respect for Stroll.

Richard
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4133520)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What's the point of trying to race today? Attempting to pass and then getting hit by an ******* gets you a penalty? F off stewards, you suck and have no clue

Sorry, just pointless to watch delusional stewards run penalties up but nothing for Ric. That needs to be penalty points and grid penalty cause zero percent chance. But Ver and Norris get penalties? I'd just park it and go home early

Last edited by broadrun96; 13 Nov 2022 at 19:27.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:24 (Ref:4133521)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately I missed the start. What's the SC for?
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4133522)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Danny Ric not knowing you can't turn at the apex and hitting KMags early
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4133525)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
First SC was Danny Ric being atrocious. Second was Lando breaking down.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:44 (Ref:4133526)   #42
Richard C
Veteran

Congrats to George. I always love watching F1 drivers getting their first win.

Richard
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4133528)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Russell on his first GP win. Have Mercedes finally turned things round? It will be interesting to see what happens in Abu Dhabi.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4133530)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Very pointed refusal by Verstappen to play the team game.......didn't realise he had such a beef with Checo.

Congrats to George - didn't put a foot wrong.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 20:33 (Ref:4133532)   #45
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Big ups to George.
Big downs to Max. What a selfish **** (self censored, insert your own FLW).
Old 13 Nov 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4133537)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What's the point of trying to race today? Attempting to pass and then getting hit by an ******* gets you a penalty? F off stewards, you suck and have no clue

Sorry, just pointless to watch delusional stewards run penalties up but nothing for Ric. That needs to be penalty points and grid penalty cause zero percent chance. But Ver and Norris get penalties? I'd just park it and go home early
Norris was a penalty all day long and Ricciardo will be looked at after the race. Penalty a certainty I’d think.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 20:58 (Ref:4133538)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Big ups to George.
Big downs to Max. What a selfish **** (self censored, insert your own FLW).

Was he being a selfish ****, or was he just not thinking? Either way, if Verstappen had given the place back Perez would be on 292 and not tied with Leclerc on 290.

The pressure is on Perez to finish ahead of Leclerc at Abu Dhabi, if RBR want the clean sweep.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 13 Nov 2022 at 21:04.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:00 (Ref:4133539)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You judge:

Red Bull: “Max, let Checo through please… [he doesnt]

…Max what happened?”

Verstappen: “I told you already last time. Don’t ask that again to me. Are we clear about that? I gave my reasons and I stand by it”
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4133541)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
You judge:

Red Bull: “Max, let Checo through please… [he doesnt]

…Max what happened?”

Verstappen: “I told you already last time. Don’t ask that again to me. Are we clear about that? I gave my reasons and I stand by it”

I didn't hear the radio conversation. What were his reasons he gave?
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:07 (Ref:4133542)   #50
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
That we do not know.