Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Aug 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3921814)   #26
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
Well my mates and I went and had a great time.
Canny people, Sunny weather and an great (Resurfaced) track.
Pint of Lager, 1 Gin and Tonic and a Whisky and Coke £9.00 the lot.
Big grids don`t necessarily mean great entertainment. Smallest grid of the meeting, The Jaguar Classic Challenge was one of the most entertaining, the three leading cars rarely more than a cars length apart. Dave Coyne s drive in a Class F car was heartstopping. I know it was my car and my heart!!
It does the meeting no service at all if you feel qualified to condemn it simply because a lot of the racing fraternity are unable to drive 3 hours north up the M1.
Let me assure you they missed a great event
Here Here

Last edited by Heightswitch; 7 Aug 2019 at 12:43.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3921839)   #27
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
You would think all the shandy drinkers would welcome the escape from the M25 circus!!
Speaking as one of the "M25 Circus" (Junction 11 - Chertsey). We've had a couple of great weekends. Superb weather at Anglesey and good weather at Croft.

Oulton is a bit less attractive for us as (being the last race on Monday) we have to endure the journey home on the M6 on a Bank Holiday. However, we've still got the best entry of the meeting there, as we had at Anglesey and Croft. I get a lot more whinges from drivers from the North West about travelling to Brands than I do from drivers in the South travelling back from Oulton on a Bank Holiday.

Just saying
Old 7 Aug 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3921848)   #28
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Speaking as one of the "M25 Circus" (Junction 11 - Chertsey). We've had a couple of great weekends. Superb weather at Anglesey and good weather at Croft.

Oulton is a bit less attractive for us as (being the last race on Monday) we have to endure the journey home on the M6 on a Bank Holiday. However, we've still got the best entry of the meeting there, as we had at Anglesey and Croft. I get a lot more whinges from drivers from the North West about travelling to Brands than I do from drivers in the South travelling back from Oulton on a Bank Holiday.

Just saying

Visually the best bet after Oulton would be to try to secure a test day at Anglesey on the Tuesday and enjoy that before heading south (or wherever) once again. Much of Cheshire and a lot of North Wales to enjoy whilst in the vicinity and give the traffic a chance to sort itself out after whatever the BH weekend throws at it.

I canp;t think of a better way to start the Autumn (always assuming the weather plays ball.)